• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm trying to up my reaction speed. I hate heavies cause they don't die as fast. I need to stop taking damage too much.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Thx guys!

Any general advices on the Wario MU?
Honestly, I absolutely hate playing against Wario, last three tournies I have been kicked by a Wario, especially when he plays really campy and patient.
Its almost impossible to grab him and I really d'ont know how to use my aerials in this MU, I try to space and bait him, but then he is already close(cause of his fast air speed) and I get punished.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Only real trouble I have with Wario is which side of me he's going to land on. If he air dodges my Nair on his way to the ground, I Jab or Grab to punish. Other than that, I just need help with safer methods of getting back to the ground.

I'll help you when I can get to a computer, Yoh. Can't type anything lengthy due to a text restriction.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Thx guys!

Honestly, I absolutely hate playing against Wario, last three tournies I have been kicked by a Wario, especially when he plays really campy and patient.
Its almost impossible to grab him and I really d'ont know how to use my aerials in this MU, I try to space and bait him, but then he is already close(cause of his fast air speed) and I get punished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-Dsem-pvs

watch that, pretty much the best way to do it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
coughyoucoughcantcoughreadcoughcough
i can read, you said inb4slaps>bored from slaps. im not slaps and therefore it wasnt from me ^^

I know you're a college dropout, but let's keep the common sense active in this thread, okay? :)
i would say there was vemon in that remark, but actually it was just salt
im not a college dropout, im simply taknig a year between college and university to get money and such to pay for my university education, seeing as im not entitled to any loans -__-

Thx guys!

youre going to apex?
i challenge you to a money match for the title of best EU ike main! (sorry blub, well play you when we all end up at the same event XD)
and im gonna hazard a guess thats its chair beating you up?
when i play wario i try to avoid using my slower aerials (actually, its pretty much onyl fair i avoid using) because he can wiggle out of the way and punish. but im no wario beater either

oh yeah, below is the best image of ponies yet:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Ah I see guess watching this helped.
Used way to much fair.

@Golden-psyco
Yeah if you want.
Challenge accepted!

Its still not 100% sure, if I can come to Apex, I got the Money but perhaps I have to work =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with this one. I was gonna agree with the post as a whole, but then GP had to go and post that pony pic.

[collapse=My response]
[/collapse]
poor fluttershy :( how can two entities known for their friendship hate each other so much?

Used way to much fair.

@Golden-psyco
Yeah if you want.
Challenge accepted!

Its still not 100% sure, if I can come to Apex, I got the Money but perhaps I have to work =/
excellent. just in case, i dibs the green ike

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-Dsem-pvs

watch that, pretty much the best way to do it.
So many lol moments. Really nice to see more San material.

oh yeah, below is the best image of ponies yet:
7/10. Missing Fluttershy and Rarity. Rarity I can make an exception for, but no Fluttershy in the mane 6, no dice.
[collapse=My response]
[/collapse]
Kinda odd considering Fluttershy is the nicest of the mane 6, and her friendliness grants her a right to decapitation by Ike, who fights for his friends.

Used way to much fair.
Yeah, too much Fair against Wario is not good considering he has some legit punishes. Fair is viable in the MU, just to a considerable extent. I mainly use Nair, Jab, Grabs, and Bair occasionally in this MU.

Does anyone know what happened @ 9:34-9:36 in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9ydth2Ok4 Logic appears to slide offstage, then almost immediately recover ground. Seemed really odd to me.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wh...what? That was an aggressive Wario. Like probably the most aggressive I've seen aside from PhantomX.

You don't know what a patient Wario is.

DMG Bobby Dr Mario Guy please namesearch and tell them what a patient Wario is.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
zatch, olimar slid offstage due to the shieldpush, yet because he was facing the ledge he didnt go into the slidefall animation you get normally, so he just held back and slid back onto the stage, where he could then walk back towards ike

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I'm not friending you cause that'd be pointless, I don't use facebook anymore.

happy bday ben!
~
I'm about to spend a week in switzerland, I'll be able to save some replays against people I played months ago, can't wait to see the improvement.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Thanks Bored, Mozz, and Blu! I pretty much got super drunk even though I didn't plan on doing so. I payed for it this morning no doubt. ~_~

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I need to play more GG and BB. Also, is that Narukami? I never played any of the Persona games, but I started the anime on the 4th game yesterday. Aren't they VN-esque with the Social Links or whatever it is?
Yup, that's him. Changed it to him in celebration of Persona 4's anime starting last week. And yeah, if you haven't played 3 or 4, I would definitely recommend them. They can get a bit repetitive at times, but if you love a good story and characters, they'll certainly deliver. I haven't played any of the other Persona games yet...

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Funny how this thread oscillates between male companionship close to rudeness and anything that bored (you get quoted a lot these times, bored) would call "loli" or simply "gay".

just a thought, please proceed.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
i do, havent played it in a long time though. why?
I figured we could race sometime. Let's see... there's a 6 hour difference between London and Wichita. I presume between 1600 and 2200 BST (that would be your time, right?) would suffice? That is, if you're up for long-distance racing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah sounds good. i can race from anytime between 6pm and 12pm (work till 5;45pm, sucks) in GMT, so in your timezone that equates from noon till 6pm
weekends are different entirely, can play just about anytime, what about you?

Top Bottom