• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah cool, want to play some tomorrow then? starting at about 1pm your time?
i would play fridays but i work from 6 till 2am on friday evenings (such a full day, think of the money, think of the money)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The lag isn't noticeable on the Mario Kart Servers, something they should've done with brawl.

Edit: oh yeah, you might want my friend code: 2449-5032-2999

I can get in a few races tomorrow...err... on the 12th of this month.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The lag isn't noticeable on the Mario Kart Servers, something they should've done with brawl.

Edit: oh yeah, you might want my friend code: 2449-5032-2999

I can get in a few races tomorrow...err... on the 12th of this month.
coolcool, err, do you want to meet in a skype chat or something like that?

also my friend code is: 2707-7035-2036

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Sure. Just find "MrDoom8000" on Skype. Anyone else is welcome to add me, but I don't use Skype unless it's for multiplayer games.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Just agreed to do a MM vs a Ganon, anyone here have any matchup hints? (In before matchup hints aren't needed cause Ganon is so bad).

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Nair and grabs should **** Ganon if all he's tring to do is stomp. Fair is risky, and I can normally grab/pivot grab him when he initiates Flame Choke. Idk what more to say, as I'm more confident with answering specified questions, like how to edgeguard Ganon, which is apparent, but just an example.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well im done matiokarting now. doom left after a few hours to go do something and left me with klel. hes a cool guy
however monsieur doom must hear about this:
you know when you left we were desperately trying to get to rainbow road? well eventually (and -500 points later) we got it, within about 5 seconds of starting the race, we all got disconnected. i was so very mad

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
[collapse="GGs, GP. BTW..."]
[/collapse]

And way to get Rainbow Road after I step out. >(

I'll compile the vids I recorded and put it on youtube, though I'll tell you pretty much there isn't going to be any voices.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Be wary of when Ganon 4/6b's (choke) you at low %'s, easily can be setup for a 2a (low kick) or some sort of follow-up that involves his feet.

Counter is also I nice move to use if said Ganon loves using 2b (flash/falcon kick), from short/near-mid distance.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Bthrow>dash attack him offstage, he's really easy to edgeguard. Watch him struggle with his RCO lag if he does recover. Jab cancel him like he's donkey kong.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Be wary of when Ganon 4/6b's (choke) you at low %'s, easily can be setup for a 2a (low kick) or some sort of follow-up that involves his feet.

Counter is also I nice move to use if said Ganon loves using 2b (flash/falcon kick), from short/near-mid distance.
Did you really just use conventional fighting game notation to describe Smash?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You could just shield it and punish with something much heavier, if you don't feel a grab would suffice to your demands.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So what does what he said mean? I can probably make out what buttons he means, but I wanna understand the reasoning for the use of the symbols he used.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I just space when the Ganon gets grabby and jab like a madman. Just be super wary if this guy you're playing is a really good Ganon user, and not some dude blowing it out his ***.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There are multiple good Ganon users though..

But even then, Ganon is pretty terrible so if you lose badly we'll all laugh at you.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Only one person comes to mind for this, Verm
how about fonz, the guy who actually won a tournament going ganon only. Theres also DLA who frequently places high in tournament with ganon as his main (pocket mk is about for unwinnables)

God Ussi, change your damn avatar. I don't even know why that hasn't been flagged yet for loli incest.
mods are fapping

Top Bottom