• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I would just like to be the first to say that if Brett and Ryo have anything else to say to each other, take it to PMs.

Anyway, I would definitely like to see Ryo's sets vs. Nick Riddle and MVD if they were recorded.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Don't think anything is gonna come out of this. Regardless, BS playing mod status and making sure nothing bad happens. It's good to know we always have a mod around on the boards in case stuff like this does happen.

Seriously though, this is why Nys has been gone.

I wouldn't be around either if I knew this was happening.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah where has nys actually gone anyway? he seems to have just dissapeared

edit: yeah bored, i actually had to edit this one. i dont think ive made a post that bad in terms of spelling in...well, ever.
i blame it on being tired and 7 out of 10 fingers being completely out of comission due to work

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dunno. He usually has these episodes of disappearing for a week or two every once in a while. Usually it's chalked up to work/school.

GP, good god. Learn to edit your posts. That was just filled with misspelling and grammar issues.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That's funny that has no impact on me words are words its whatever I do love you guys a lot I just don't have a computer its annoying typing a lot

:phone:
Well i see you have a phone, but that can be annoying to type long detailed posts in that

Huh, I coulda sworn I was the first to jump on that video. Oh well.
You prob did I didn't really read it all, i just checked the search results

Anyway, I would definitely like to see Ryo's sets vs. Nick Riddle and MVD if they were recorded.
I wanna see Ryo vs Nick Riddle too...

Don't think anything is gonna come out of this. Regardless, BS playing mod status and making sure nothing bad happens. It's good to know we always have a mod around on the boards in case stuff like this does happen.

Seriously though, this is why Nys has been gone.

I wouldn't be around either if I knew this was happening.
So that's why he's gone

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brett's a cool guy that's honest and to the point. How some interpret that is harsh, but I'm one of many that see where he's coming from.
Thank you, Zatch.

Huh, I coulda sworn I was the first to jump on that video. Oh well.
You may have been. Just a rare case when someone else had the balls to be more blunt/harsh than you.

Ryo. Sorry you've been without a computer. But I mean you cared enough to come in and post once each time. You can probably care to come in and chat and be a well-received person to go along with it.
So. Sorry I'm blunt sometimes. I'm not afraid to say things that other people are thinking. I don't think I should be disliked for it.
Here's blunt for you, but from a different angle: You beat Nick Riddle. That warrants respect, so don't think I don't have any for you.
Just come in here and treat that respect better sometimes.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I would come in a chat more but chatting via phone is really annoying.

And beating riddle was my main mission he kept saying san is bad. So I told him I would beat him

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Alrighty. It's cool, I get that using a phone sucks for this. Just don't be a stranger.

Also, Mustafa, I think we do need another (at least one) mod for the Ike boards. I nominate:
Me.
Well, and you, of course.
Let's make Texas in charge. Run this place with an iron boot.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Most character boards do have two mods (not counting Hylian) from my understanding. However, for whatever reason, despite being one of the more active boards, Ike boards only have one. Really don't understand the logic in that, but I'm not complaining. So long as another you know what invasion doesn't happen.

If we make Texas in charge, does that mean Slaps gets some input as well?

And now I"m trying to remember how Nysyarc became mod in the first place lol. Did we nominate him or something?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would come in a chat more but chatting via phone is really annoying.

And beating riddle was my main mission he kept saying san is bad. So I told him I would beat him

Good job avenging him, I consider you on san's level now cause of this.

And now I"m trying to remember how Nysyarc became mod in the first place lol. Did we nominate him or something?
Sharkie became cause someone nominated him. Not one of us though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, not sure how often San plays with people outside of Kimchi (lol), so that rust is definitely gonna be a big factor at Apex. I thought it was a decent factor at KTAR.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Bored and Brett for Ike mods? Cool, I guess.

So yeah, NYCC was great. Too lazy to stand in lines for the games though. =/ Got myself stuff, but it's all anime-related, so not all of you would be interested. For those interested: Got myself freeGuilt Crown posters (and was one of the first people to see the 2nd episode worldwide), also bought a Youmu and Alice poster and a TWEWY picture, some more free stuff like door hangers that say "Do not disturb" followed by a haiku of it being anime time, signed up for Niconico, got a free Niconico shirt, and made people over the internet stream of Niconico lose The Game, tried a rage cage but didn't have enough rage, and bought Angel Beats! DVD. Fun stuff.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, not sure how often San plays with people outside of Kimchi (lol), so that rust is definitely gonna be a big factor at Apex. I thought it was a decent factor at KTAR.
I barely play this game a few times every few months. Even at Apex 2010 which was in august, the last time I played before that was in July when I went to Texas.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ryo you should try to go to that AUSOM tourney in Phenix, AL on the 29th so we can hang.

Also, I've been watching Ouran Host Club on Netflix. I think it's pretty funny.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
What is this i hear of Slaps? Lol irony in always checking the Ike boards when Bored mentions me :D haha
Not irony. Just coincidence. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony Sometimes I get the feeling that people should just stop using the word irony if they continue to think it means a funny coincidence and use it in the most obvious wrong way.

@Ben: It is pretty funny. I was on Pandora the other day and put in some Japanese artists to listen to. It eventually gave me Sakura Kiss (the opening theme of OHSHC) and I was humming it and smiling.

@Ussi: I now feel like watching Ika Musume

theeboredone

Smash Legend
"A joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings."

Most of these fail on various levels. No way "Squidding" relates any way to "Kidding."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bored needs to shallow up instead of being a drowner.

Also its more of a japanese pun since squid = ika and ika is used in like 500,000 words in japanese in which kidding could be squiding

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
This weekend sucked... I spent most of it working and covering for other people's shifts. GP, sorry I missed you, man. Are you still up for anything today? I'm completely free.

You other noobs are more than welcome to race with Mr. Doom.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Alrighty. It's cool, I get that using a phone sucks for this. Just don't be a stranger.

Also, Mustafa, I think we do need another (at least one) mod for the Ike boards. I nominate:
Me.
Well, and you, of course.
Let's make Texas in charge. Run this place with an iron boot.
iron jab2?
iron jab1 is better, run this place with an iron fist instead

Ryo you should try to go to that AUSOM tourney in Phenix, AL on the 29th so we can hang.

Also, I've been watching Ouran Host Club on Netflix. I think it's pretty funny.
man card, hand it over to someone on here without a girly or a pony in their avatar :B
i kid, host club can be funny

This weekend sucked... I spent most of it working and covering for other people's shifts. GP, sorry I missed you, man. Are you still up for anything today? I'm completely free.

You other noobs are more than welcome to race with Mr. Doom.
yeah, i can play a bit. ill get on skype, i mean my wrist is kinda screwed thanks to a seemingly random course of events which all ended in my wrist being under intense strain or weight

Top Bottom