• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
According to AiB, top 5 Ike list is...

1. San not sand bagging
2. San sand bagging
3. Red not sand bagging
4. Red sand bagging
5. Red choking.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
pony physics, they are made of dark matter http://wimp.com/physicspresentation/
This was awesome. I feel I'm going to do something like this one day.

Currently, there are two members in this thread. Yet it only shows my name. I'm worth 2 people?
I've seen this often, but I don't understand it either. Idk if it's invisible users, though. Might want to use the forum Q&A thread.

So I just got done playing this dude who looked like he just joined AiB. Name was Slinky. He used GaW and I was using Fox. He didn't seem hard at first and then he started playing different. I was geting owned lol. I don't play many GaWs and it seems frustrating getting around their defenses, even on wifi. I switched to Ike and I had even MORE trouble, showing that I don't know the match-up there at all. Any tips?

Also he used DDD, ICs, and Snake like most top-level people would play like. DDD was the typical dthrow CG and bair wall mindgaming, ICs with their CG involving blizzard walls and icicle stuns to mess me up and get grabbed, and Snake with a crazy amount of tilts and explosives. Playing someone like that helped me get better, even though I got frustrated easily at first. Someone told to keep playing people who kick my *** and I'd get better. Stuck with it, and my Ike and Fox seem better I think. Wish I had this kind of beatdown session weekly and offline. Oh well. Good connections on wifi are the best thing I have right now. Hopefully I can save some matches later for you guys to critique.
I remember when I played against a G&W in AL, I was getting so demolished in friendlies, I didn't think I stood a chance against him when I had to play him in tourney. I don't know what I did, but I was able to take the set 2:0. Can't really explain it right now since I don't play Brawl, and I suck at explaining MUs since half the stuff I do just comes from reaction or what I've read up on, but here's the set if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5FGk5oXlQ

1. San not sand bagging
2. San sand bagging
3. Red not sand bagging
4. Red sand bagging
5. Red choking.
The last one killed me.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Today's red-X birthday? Happy birthday! Next time, come to the tourney when I'm nearby lol (even if you "quit")

Anyways, A fairytale for the Demon Lord manwha is pretty dang good, can't wait for it to finish!
Thanks.
I didn't quit, I just stopped playing for now. :I

Oh neat lol okay.

Happy bday Red. I know I'm not cool enough to be talked to, but yea congrats on another year.
Thank you but why would you assume that? lol

1. San not sand bagging
2. San sand bagging
3. Red not sand bagging
4. Red sand bagging
5. Red choking.
I haven't seen any of those implied on AiB but lmfao.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP = Tom?
And is one of you guys Chris?

Got 3 recent friend requests and only Jam told me who the hell he was. You guys are dumb. Aside from Jam.
indeed, im the one with the overly common name
i was going to, but i clicked 'sent friend request' and it didnt even give me the option to leave a special message, i wasnt pleased

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
When are you arriving in KS?
Sometime as early as the old mans return in November, or a bit after Christmas. Believe the more logical thing would be after Christmas, but I do know for a fact that I am going up to KS is all I have so far, but i'll get an exact date, as his return to the states draws closer.

@Ussi: I have not touched mario party games ever since 2. would be a bit hilarious to see what would end up happening. Especially with that creepy laugh of mines.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

1. San not sand bagging
2. San sand bagging
3. Red not sand bagging
4. Red sand bagging
5. Red choking.
It should be:

1. San not sandbagging
2. San sandbagging
3. Red on Wifi
4. Red sandbagging
5. Stark

why did i forget i just posted

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett is gonna take his triple posting to the next level. And no mod will ever know :troll:

Can you say...quadruple posting?

Subconsciously of course.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Got myself to play fate/s n again after our short discussion. I'll see this through.
And since I'm in a manga phase, I also read all the scans I could find of the manhwa san (I think it was san anyway) talked about. It's nice.

Other awesome manga suggestions, fellow ikes?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Sometime as early as the old mans return in November, or a bit after Christmas. Believe the more logical thing would be after Christmas, but I do know for a fact that I am going up to KS is all I have so far, but i'll get an exact date, as his return to the states draws closer.

@Ussi: I have not touched mario party games ever since 2. would be a bit hilarious to see what would end up happening. Especially with that creepy laugh of mines.
Sounds cool. Just keep me updated. And do practice up on your Mario Party, or else we'll have to carry you.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I remember when I played against a G&W in AL, I was getting so demolished in friendlies, I didn't think I stood a chance against him when I had to play him in tourney. I don't know what I did, but I was able to take the set 2:0. Can't really explain it right now since I don't play Brawl, and I suck at explaining MUs since half the stuff I do just comes from reaction or what I've read up on, but here's the set if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5FGk5oXlQ
Yea I see how you played it. Just was very evasive with a bit of fair spacing and jabs. That's how I kinda played against this GaW, but his turtle wall was annoying. lol

btw wtf at 1:04? Everything slows down a bit for a few seconds for some reason. XD
and 2:12... and 3:13... lol

Thank you but why would you assume that? lol
Because I would always wanna brawl and you never wanted to. :(

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I sig'd it because it's a beast quote that I agree with.

What about Durango? I thought he was awesome. And doesn't Tulat use MK? Unless there's two Tulats...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That and he talked like a total nerd >_>...half the time, it felt like he was absorbed into his own fantasy world, and I was trying to understand all his references in order to communicate with him.

Me: Hey D, what's up?
D: NONE SHALL PASS
Me: Uh...lol?
D: Why art thou thee?
Me: Bye.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Why is it so fun to smack people in the face with fair?? Also are Ike's only approaches run up sheild to jab, run up nairs, retreating nairs, fairs, and retreating fairs? D:& whats the TL v Ike mu? Ike is fun lol

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
RAR bair is also an approach, dash attack is sadly a necessary get-in move, and run-up grab is useful against some players.
Ike vs Tl is fun, decently hard to approach and sandbags us pretty hard, but can't kill, whereas you kill him at 100% with a fresh bair or utilt
if you meant the ratio, I guess it's around 45:55 tl's favor.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's -1 for Ike. You rely on dash PS to jab due to how far Ike slides. Ike has the range advantage but TL has zair to range battle us but we still have ridiculous hitboxes.

Top Bottom