• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Happy birthday, Red.

For my 17th birthday, I want to cut my cake with Ragnell.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It's because I'm white, isn't it?
i laughed hard at this
i want all of you to know right now, than any time you buy a big sofa with a motor for electronic reclining, that some poor ******* had to carry said sofa through a warehouse and put it on the top rung of a shelf in a truck cabin. i learnt this persons plight today
im knackered, im going to be so sexy by the time apex comes about

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You've added me, GP.

As for ponies vs. trains, I come from a world you may not understand. Trains have wings and horns on my planet.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
laws of convervasion state that if a train was to hit a pony, assuming the train is going a standard speed of 80mph and the pony is not moving, after impact the pony would be moving at an incredibly fast speed

oh jesus this is the side effect of spending my time on yahoo answers helping people with math homework.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Today's red-X birthday? Happy birthday! Next time, come to the tourney when I'm nearby lol (even if you "quit")

Anyways, A fairytale for the Demon Lord manwha is pretty dang good, can't wait for it to finish!

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Happy nearly end of the day on the east coast bday, Red

Also, seems my old man confirmed that i'll be moving to Fort Riley KS, upon his return next month..... Seems it was planned from the get go that i'd be going. Might be almost semi-permanent this time.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Wait... You're moving to Kansas? Am I reading that correctly?
Junction City to be more precise, just be living off post is all. Same thing while I was in El Paso, just different situation this time (he has been relocated for the time being to up there, perhaps till retirement, which should be in two or three more years).

But yeah, you're reading that correctly. Would be a nice start once again, seeing how trying to land a job anywhere here atm is just a pain. Think I've applied at 6 different locations in the past two or so months. All with no luck, so hopefully going north for a while will be the charm.

Just hope the scene is not as widespread or in sporadic chunks up there, as it is here.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
So I just got done playing this dude who looked like he just joined AiB. Name was Slinky. He used GaW and I was using Fox. He didn't seem hard at first and then he started playing different. I was geting owned lol. I don't play many GaWs and it seems frustrating getting around their defenses, even on wifi. I switched to Ike and I had even MORE trouble, showing that I don't know the match-up there at all. Any tips?

Also he used DDD, ICs, and Snake like most top-level people would play like. DDD was the typical dthrow CG and bair wall mindgaming, ICs with their CG involving blizzard walls and icicle stuns to mess me up and get grabbed, and Snake with a crazy amount of tilts and explosives. Playing someone like that helped me get better, even though I got frustrated easily at first. Someone told to keep playing people who kick my *** and I'd get better. Stuck with it, and my Ike and Fox seem better I think. Wish I had this kind of beatdown session weekly and offline. Oh well. Good connections on wifi are the best thing I have right now. Hopefully I can save some matches later for you guys to critique.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Just hope the scene is not as widespread or in sporadic chunks up there, as it is here.
The only notable scene is in KC, but I think they're about to quit altogether since the banning of MK (not because we're a batty state, but because a lot of people worked on the match-up for a long time). Wichita dropped off the map sometime during the summer. Unfortunately, it's a 2-hour drive from Junction City to Wichita or KC. Every Sunday in Wichita, we play a whole assortment of fighting and party games, including, but not limited to, MvC3, SSIVAE, the Smash Bros. Series, and the main attraction: Mario Party.

>_> I remember when we used to be mild-mannered, until this happened.

Whenever you arrive in KS, be sure to drop a post in the KC Thread and/or the Wichita Thread if you wish, but the Wichita thread has been dry as of late. Umm... When are you arriving in KS?

Sentilen for new Mario Party TV guest?
Jalorda would approve.

Edit: Oh, yes. Before I forget, you guys should come up with a top 5 Ike players list.

Top Bottom