• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Aren't you supposed to have a "YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" at the end?
Better to letsomeone else do that while I get the witty one liner in =P

Sen it's easy. See a wall about Ike's height or more = wall infinite.

I myself try to imitate San bthrowing me before the first transformation in Frigate. I still can't get it.

Continuing from over in the Bi weekly topic; i'll keep that in mind from now on. Switched grab to the L button however because I kept shielding even after pressing/releasing Z and Fthrowing. Kinda nice to see since doing that it's become slightly easier when all setup.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Grew up playing RPG's and 2D sonic games until sonic adventure 1-2.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
my, dtk... you and i have the same videogame past. except that i also played RTS games and sonic heroes. i'm assuming you had sega in the past.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
my, dtk... you and i have the same videogame past. except that i also played RTS games and sonic heroes. i'm assuming you had sega in the past.
I played lots of RTS in my young days too like Command and conquer and heroes of might and magic kind of games.

Sega was such a good company before dreamcast died and sega just merged with nintendo, sonic heroes was one of my favorite sonic games idk just whenever i see sonic heroes i just get excited to play it again i think it was the soundtrack i was addicted to games with good music make me come back for more.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Most generations had a genre preference or more than 1.

First there were platformers, then RPGs, then action/adventure and sandbox (open worlds), and now FPS. Of course during transitional periods, there were cases for a short time multiple genres being very popular.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I liked sonic heroes because I could play my three favorites as a team (sonic, tails, knuckles). especially the super hard mode. Didn't bother much for other teams. maybe team rose a little because it had amy and cream in it. The soundtracks were pretty awesome too. As for my RTS, i played age of empires alot more.

Yeah, it was unfortunate that deamcast died for sega, sonic adventure was such a hit for it.

As for the gaming era thing, I believe arcade games are flourishing throughout. First we had street fighters and mortal kombat, then tekken and soul blade/calibur, then virtua fighters along with DoA, and then SSB. All these games have sequels and do not seem to die soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Started off with platforms in the beginning, then got huge on RPGs and adventure, now I'm all casual and action for the most part.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I never played Doom or Wolfeinstin until like, a year ago. Even then, it was just split screen demo of Doom 1 on the 360. Only one level...with that same 6 note loop...for 3 hours....*twitches*

I also didn't really play many shoots. The first FPS that I actually owned was Metroid Prime: Hunters. >_> <_<

But since then I have gotten Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, CoD3, CoD4, CoD: Wa@, CoD: MW2 (stupid terrible game that for some reason I keep playing...must...reflect...20000 bullets with Riot Shield...).

For TPS...does Star Fox: Assault count? lol I was too busy being obsessed with the MegaMan Battle Network series. First I got MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge. And then MMBN3 Blue. Then MMBN1, MMBN2, MMBN4 Blue Moon, MMBN4 Red Sun, MMBN3 White, MegaMan Network Transmission or w/e that Gamecube game was, MMBN5 Team Protoan, MMBN5 Team Colonel, MMBN5 Double Team: DS, MMBN6 Gregar, and finally MMBN6 Falzar.

Yes, I had a mild obsession. Last time I did the math, I've spent over 3 months of my life play MMBN if you were to add all of the time together, non-stop. I tried MegaMan Starforce...so boring...so whimpy...so easy...so terrible...

EDIT: SEGA never merged with Nintendo BTW.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
no, sega and nintendo never merged (lol nintenga) but they were rivals before. Now sega is partly dependant on nintendo to get its games going.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Er, no it's not. SEGA still publishes other people's games, like they did for Madworld. They are just fine without Nintendo, it's just that they often put their Sonic games on Nintendo systems because they sell better there.

SA2:B was the best BTW.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
People actually getting nostalgia trips of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? *Shivers*

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Sonic 3 was my favorite. I don't need the adventures to survive.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Er, no it's not. SEGA still publishes other people's games, like they did for Madworld. They are just fine without Nintendo, it's just that they often put their Sonic games on Nintendo systems because they sell better there.

SA2:B was the best BTW.
It could be so, but Sonic games went down the drain after sonic heroes, so Sega had to do something to keep their mascot running; and putting sonic side by side with mario did help them. so I would say this being partly dependant on nintendo. Not that sega can't survive without them, but they needed a boost for Sonic.

Crush 40 and Jun Senuou sure made the best songs and sound tracks for sonic that's for sure. Man, I wish we get something really good (gameplay, songs and otherwise) from Sonic 4. It's like Sonic's carrier depends on that game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
First one was it. Thanks Mr. Doom. I award you 10internets.

Edit: Brett got 17/50 in singles, and 4th in LT singles. Don't know about crew battle.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
-Gasp-. Not Live and Learn?
LIVE AND LEAAAARRRRRNNNNNN!

People actually getting nostalgia trips of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? *Shivers*
The Sonic series has been dead for me past Sonic 3 (& Knuckles, I guess). I tried out SA2:B, Secret Ring, Dark Brotherhood, Rush, Rush Adventure and like 5 more but I've come to terms with it; Sonic is no longer good.

And, on a side note, my friend came over and we spent 5 hours playing Muramasa: The Demon Blade. This game is sooooo gooooood. Like I would have been totally pissed off if I payed 50 dollars for it since it has a couple of flaws but it looks so beautiful and has solid gameplay to boot. The story is pretty Japanese though, so if you don't like that stay away.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Never played, Im gonna look up some images of what it looks like.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Muramasa is definitely legit, but not meant for everyone.
Yeah, I totally agree with this. Most people will love it but some of the flaws just doom it to mediocrity in the eyes of others. The key one being that every time you beat a boss you pretty much are in for the backtracking spree of your life. I'm okay with backtracking but this just really seems like it was added as if to say "Hey aren't these areas beautiful? Aren't they? Go through them again!" and just seems pointless.

I haven't beat it yet but I'll post what I think about the game when I do.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well that Light, and just how the game plays. I can't see every gamer playing it. It's just...out there I suppose. It's not american action like Mad World or Red Dead. It goes back to some old school roots and adds flare to it.

Top Bottom