• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
counter is jsut high risk high reward to the most extreme scale, although i had spent time trying to find a decent use for it...nah its jsut a fairly poor move, onyl for use if you know its going to hit, and with most characters having fast moves, its not gonig to be much good

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, I'm slightly confident that the BBR might not be idiots when discussing Ike this time. So far, I've seen a small number of them say in other character topics that he should be mid tier. :bee:

I'll still flame the stupid ones though. :mad088:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah that just about settles it, theres also the olimar gimmick but that really isnt going to work against someone with a brain cell

also i think ike should be mid tier, similar sort of placement to where he was in tier list 1.0, he could be higher for power but is just kept down by his lack of speed in most areas and generally being camp-fodder

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
@niddo: you mean stab them with a rusty butter knife...

so is there a fixed time for updating tierlist? tier list2 and 3 came out in the same year so i'm guessing it depends on the appropriateness of the list.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Penknife it was. Though there won't be much left to stab once I put away the flamethower...might find a chunk of ash large enough to poke.

And current prediction is Sept. 20th.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think the fact that Crow!'s E Tier ranking chart has Ike included in it is proof that Ike is obviously going to get into mid tier next tier list

He's doing better than Ness, Shiek, Bowser (LOL) and PT's that aren't Reflex
The first time I saw PT's curve I honestly thought it was Ike's

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope, though apparently M2K is not bad with Ike. Haven't seen videos of him with Ike forever though, last ones I saw he was still using lol Quickdraw.

And Rickery, that's just the data he has collected from the tournament results topic. While Inui is gone and thus part of the "Ike is bottom tier" crowd is diminished, I believe there are still those stupid people in the BBR. Thus needing my ACME Flamethrower 9001, and Rusty Pen Knife 2.0. :bee:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Indeed.

Also: Dang San, I think you've been mentioned in quite a number of MLG interviews, lol. I think it has been 4/5 interviews or something like that. I thought you weren't going to the next one though due to college johns.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
c'mon, all characters in the brawl roster need to have atleast one notable fair-minded tourney player representing each of them in BBR, how else do you expect an accurate tier list?

btw, really looking forward for the new list.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
After playing M2K in LT teams at Whobo2 I would have to say his Ike is pretty decent. Nothing out of the ordinary special, pretty much the basics but he does play smart a lot and although he uses QD he hits it a lot to punish air dodge to ground from what i remember...

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
c'mon, all characters in the brawl roster need to have atleast one notable fair-minded tourney player representing each of them in BBR, how else do you expect an accurate tier list?

btw, really looking forward for the new list.
I have...connections.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Consider this: Every tier list people mention that Ike has solid mid and low tier match-ups and is doing well representation-wise.

Consider this: Every tier list Ike has gone down by 1 or 2 spots without fail.

To be honest I would just prefer it if at this point they made bottom 3: Ike, Bowser and Ganondorf because then I would smile whenever I saw the tier list. We should get A2ZOMG into the BBR.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Beat Arc Rise Fantasia last night. Overall good game. Logged in 60 hours while doing a few additional quests. Still have to do the post dungeon though. I wish they had explored each character's background a bit more...it was kinda lacking.

In any case, here are some songs I liked from the game...I already put them on some stages for Brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxBginAJtBE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBK7c88BDM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH3tHU2fIlo&feature=related
D; I expected this song to be a favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3jeQgR9Sg&feature=related

And there was a part where Ignacy mentioned L'arc being half common race and divine race. But after that, it wasn't even brought up again. lol

Lmao @ Light.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
as for ikes in BBR they want more europeans in the BBR after the shock loss of ally in france so in september-when they sign us up-i shall be signing up to see if i make it in, i probably wont but might as well try. i jsut hope to god good typing is not a requirment

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Near the edge is fine to do it when the opponent is near the edge too.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
You talking about Soren?
'Cauuse Soren's a dude..
lol, anime males sure get mistaken for females :laugh:. i mean what would be the only difference between them? the eyebrows and the voice...and then some difference in body structure.

...and i'll never understand the urge to have funky hairstyles.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
They both look creepy. Actually, I find dolls to be creepy in general. :/

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
They both look like women except that Ike sort of looks like a Russian prostitute who went to the wrong booth at a Renaissance fair.

Not that I would know anything about Russian prostitutes and / or Renaissance fairs, though.

Top Bottom