• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I thought I had offended you. I really don't know much about religious customs.

Roller

Smash Legend
The fact you felt you had to add a <3 to the end of that to avoid insulting him... Should insult him.

Also. I have a beard, and I shave/trim 1-2 times per day. **** grows mad fast.

Alsoalso. zFlashyStyle, I thought you weren't worried about ICs because you are good at the mu tho? If you're going to win, what's the harm? =o

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, people should talk about Pikachu for me.

Or does no one know that MU aside from Ryo?

My problems with him can be summed up in one sentence: "He's so goddamn short."

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
C.J. and I are on good terms. So joke is fine with me. I thought it was for others to get that its a joke
Pretty much this. Ussi is my favorite poster on the ike boards tbh. Has gone out of his way to give me good information about Islam and have had multiple conversations with him about the Qur'an. Super nice guy that I really enjoy talking to :)

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Pretty much this. Ussi is my favorite poster on the ike boards
HOW AM I NOT YOUR FAVORITE WHEN I PLAY MARTH OMG YOU SUCK WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

So anyway, Pikachu's a weird MU... His Tjolt gets really annoying fast, and he can play super safe with the lead. On the other hand, I don't see him killing Ike very easily outside of Thunder hijinks and gimps. I think a decent strategy is to go in and challenge whatever close combat he'll give you. If he doesn't give any, try to force him offstage and pressure that way.

I can't give too many specifics, because the Pika I play against on a regular basis does not play how anyone would in tournament >_> Except maybe if they aren't perfect on the Dthrow CG, try to footstool out of it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu MU.. Space aerials, ftilt after blocking dsmash/usmash, always space that if you get fsmash read you get hit by the tip. Then just learn to not get gimped and you're good to go.

Oh and don't get grabbed at low %

Your main damage source is jab, best killing moves are bair and fair. Fair is relevant cause pika is feather weight. Speaking of fair, fair wrecks pikachu

Heartstring

Smash Legend
My beard is for religion
You genuinely had me going for a short while XD

This quote brought to you by your local berserker swordsman.
You know you're good when you start to make people hate your characters, especially if your character is bad

My problems with him can be summed up in one sentence: "He's so goddamn short."

It's just about the only thing i dont like in the pikachu matchup. Everything else seems to be manageable. But I hate having my B-air go over someones head

Speaking of which, I was looking into it and it turns out that B-air actually can hit standing olimar, But only at close range. I'm probably just super late to the party. But it still reassured me to know this

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well my parents don't follow any school of thought so i'm on my own to figure out which hadith i choose to believe in or not (that is i wouldn't really be messing with family bonds that badly by doing something differing from a school of thought). All i know is beard = good so why not.

Truth be told i was against growing a beard at first but my friend encouraged me to grow it out. Though we ended up playing ping pong over it, and i win usually in ping pong against my friend.. But i lost that game o.o.. Only game of ping pong i lost to my friend that day. Grew out the beard, actually liked it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not about following whichever hadith you choose to believe. You should look into the authenticity and strengths of the hadith. There are a lot out there that have a weak background or history behind them, which can present another view point. It's best to be safe with the ones that are considered "authentic" by all four major schools.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pikachu is about spacing aerials and jabs. I'm surprised how annoyed pikachu players get from the stuff we can do. Unfortunately, we get CG'd, and it's a pretty nasty one. However, outside of very low % combos like utilt to grab, it's difficult for pikachu to get grabs without getting jabbed or naired.

Pikachu is better off getting in with quick uairs, hitting us before our attacks come out, and poking at us with tjolt. I think it's a pretty fair MU all around.

Anyone getting borderlands 2 anytime soon? I missed a chance to get it for $36 because I wasn't thinking that I was going to buy it, but I want it now. I will probably wait for a sale/price drop.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's not about following whichever hadith you choose to believe. You should look into the authenticity and strengths of the hadith. There are a lot out there that have a weak background or history behind them, which can present another view point. It's best to be safe with the ones that are considered "authentic" by all four major schools.
I mean when it comes to issues where there is a split in what the school of thoughts think. If all 4 school of thoughts are in agreement then that should be followed. But when each school of thought has its own idea for one circumstance, then a person has to think which is right to him.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, you don't think for your own if there is a split. You treat it like science + history. You try to understand which hadiths have the most authenticity to them and go that route.

Also, I had a client today named Scott Pilgrim.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I never played borderlands originally, but i've been told that it was amazing, I'll sample it when one of my friends gets it but untill then I'll stick to what i got

And what is it that you do anyway bored? First guess is in a bank or something

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
@Roller:
I don't mind the mu,but School is what I'm focusing on now.So that's why i don't really have money since i have books to buy.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Gangnam is just now starting to get popular there. I was in class at that time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Marketing Intern for Advanced Technical Resources. Also work a part time job at Best Buy during the weekends.
Wow, It's like two completely different careers haha. Still, All that money

WHOO chick pick-up week went well for Brett.
Well done brett :D
I went out clubbing last night and me and my friend ended up with 4 girls wanting the 2 of us, While it was awesome initially they all started to get nasty with eachother. On top of this the only one I was interested in had something slipped in her drink at some point and I spent about an half an hour carrying this husk of a human being back to her place (taxi's wouldnt let her in because she was a state) while avoiding getting hit with vomit. This being because she simply wasnt even conscious. Clearly not just drunk too much.

This is not how i imagined the night ending, It was a lot better in my head >.<

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
LOL G~P.
That sounds.. horrible unless it's someone who's already close to you.

I've had a different time. Still innocent. We just agreed last night that we're going to be together. Without a label. Just Brett and girl. Girl and Brett. Acknowledging that we like each other and living it out as such. Seeing where we go.
So yeah, taking it sort of slow... but I'll take it.

Tonight= Cajun food and live blues. Oh yes.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The first rough trial period in most relationships is between 6-10 months. And again somewhere around 15-20 months, I feel. Things just commonly get rocky around then for tons of people.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I never said I can't get past those. Current-day Brett is smart and can deal. So long as he's not with a stupid girl.

This one seems very prone to emotion, but not anger and irrational decision-making. So once we hit a patch, I think it should be fine. This is of course assuming we make it to one of those patches without changing our minds or something bad happening.

oh and

You ain't found a girl. Not even during chick pick-up week.
-I- expect better from YOU, sir.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Did you get some feeling tax for taking her home?
My good man, She had been drugged. What sort of self respecting person would take advantage of that scenario?
But sorta, Breasts against the back and all that

LOL G~P.
That sounds.. horrible unless it's someone who's already close to you.
I met her about half an hour before I ended up carrying her
Sadly It takes me WAAAAY too much to get drunk and my brain is in charge untill i get slaghtered. It appears I'm immune to the concept of 'liquid courage' :B
Taxi wouldnt take her, We were all going the same direction. And i was the only one with experienced lifting things/not stumbling out the door XD
and yes, it sucked. But i got a free kebab out of it, So i spose its not all bad

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Self respect is about caring about your own well being and body (ie not cutting yourself when you are depressed). Irrelevant to what i asked, but you answered it with the rest of your post. Respectable choice.

Top Bottom