• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Too bad there's an ocean between me and this. Found out I love Tales as a whole, at least the 3 I played, which means I'll have a look at the others, including the oldest ones.

I'm playing Abyss at the moment. I like it more than vesperia and perhaps even symphonia.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Too bad there's an ocean between me and this. Found out I love Tales as a whole, at least the 3 I played, which means I'll have a look at the others, including the oldest ones.

I'm playing Abyss at the moment. I like it more than vesperia and perhaps even symphonia.
Broooo u gotta download tales of phantasia for the snes xD

<3 tales~

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All the new tales for ps3 :( so i just played 3.. Symphonia 1/2 and Vesperia

My sisters like tales of symphonia more than I do

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Guys is there like a MU discussion thing on here?

And i only played one tales but i don't remember the name.I think it was for the psp.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Discuss MUs here

Otherwise its been settled really. We could always do an update on the MU ratios but i don't think anyone cares

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Oh,well i need MU info on this characters:

Marth-Snake-Falco-DiddyKong-Peach-Meta-Pikachu-Mr.G&W-Samus-Ike-

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh, I should be able to pitch in-

Ussi will handle th-

*facepalm*
fine

Oh,well i need MU info on this characters:

Marth-Snake-Falco-DiddyKong-Peach-Meta-Pikachu-Mr.G&W-Samus-Ike-
Marth - zoning battle. You want to either stay out of Marth's range or be inside boxing Marth as Marth can't box with Ike. The key to beating Marth is getting him to commit to the wrong option as while he can cover pretty much anything besides getting juggled, he commits hard to what he does. Baiting DS is so nice as its a free follow if you bait correctly, you bait by getting him to DS your jab cancels. When recovering you always want to DI up when you get countered otherwise you'll never make it back.

Snake - get Snake in air, juggle him. Fair > dair true combo too

Falco - Don't get grabbed, don't die before 140%

Diddy Kong - Have pretty good banana (item) control. Don't get caught up in Diddy's momentum and just jab and nair a lot.

Peach - space aerials, Peach is an aerial pinata if she decides to float against you

Metaknight - you don't

Pikachu - jab space nair, use fair. Don't get grabbed and Pikachu has some gimping gimmicks so care for those.

Mr. G&W - space, walk a lot, G&W isn't really mobile horizontally so spacing fair/nair is pretty simple.

Samus - don't get spiked and learn his spam pattern.

Ike - bthrow > dair at the ledge is a true combo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
added to:
snake: U-air makes snake cry
falco: If he's ultra defensive, looks for Side-B patterns and get them for it
peach: Don't let her get on your shield, It wont end well
G&W: If they fall into you with B-air, Wait for the final landing hit before punishing them

Heartstring

Smash Legend
whats easier to remember: something mean said to you or something nice said to you?
Depends entirely on how you are as a person. Personally, I find it difficult to remember specifics but I can remember if someone has said something of a negative/positive nature to me. The only exceptions are when it comes to romantically involved scenario. I can remember the exact words of the first time a girl confessed to me and i can also remember the exact words used the first time i was turned down

Although I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the fact that romantically involved encounters are pretty damn rare for me

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Very first run through of Graces f on Chaos mode sucks. My friends and I are currently stuck vs. Proserpina... And we just got through beating those demon tree bosses, too.

C.J.

Smash Master
whats easier to remember: something mean said to you or something nice said to you?
I can't seem to find the journal article(s) atm, but I definitely recall reading, from multiple sources, that humans in general are much more likely to remember a negative comment or situation than they are willing to a positive one.

That's not to say that it holds universally true, of course. I believe the studies were only done on American and European citizens so eastern culture may throw that for a loop. And then there are of course the exceptions to the rule as with everything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whatever comes to mind, no real barrier on what we can talk about

last thing we were talking about is what do people remember more: something nice said to them or something mean said to them

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Whatever comes to mind, no real barrier on what we can talk about

last thing we were talking about is what do people remember more: something nice said to them or something mean said to them
And before that we had chick pick-up week....how many success stories did we have with that? i forget

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
We just had people talking about these girls and how they looked interested in us because we guys have inflated ego and think whenever a girl talks to us they have some interest in us.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We just had people talking about these girls and how they looked interested in us because we guys have inflated ego and think whenever a girl talks to us they have some interest in us.
just talking doesnt mean interest
stuff on a further level than that though, thats when you know

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
And before that we had chick pick-up week....how many success stories did we have with that? i forget
Mine.
Lol.
Gtfo!
Real!
She went out on a date with me on Thursday night and then back to my place, where we spent 4 hours talking, laughing... kissing...

If I was lying when I said she was interested, I don't know how to tell the truth.
You're just jealous because of her name.

Top Bottom