• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
But not everyone had the same success as Brett. I was being as general as i could
Mine was defo a success too. that one night one with carrying the drunk girl sucked but otherwise it has been a successful past few weeks

So who's going to Apex?
As soon as i get a job. I'm confirming

Despite this, I already have a double partner XD

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
I used the tag Roan~ and i did play you in pools.I didn't want to do the ditto so i went Snake.

Me:

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Yea same here bro. Me,PEACE,Bizkit,Joe ST,Sails we went to sleep at 6am to wake up at 8am xD we were so tired xD

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Every time I go to Waffle House, I get a chicken sandwich on Texas Toast with a waffle. I eat it by buttering one side of the waffle and holding the other as an extra bun on my chickentoastwaffle sandwich.

Sorry if that one's odd. I just saw that we were starting a random post train, so I wanted to join in.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
^
^nice sample of 3 random Ike boards posts lol

I won't be going to Apex this year, I'll need to focus on my studies and I won't have enough money this time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think I'm really REALLY late here. But did anyone else realise that you can platform cancel super easy just by pressing down on the control stick before you get above the platform?
It's infinitely easier that trying to use the C-stick or anything

Also, We can Fullhop a D-air > double jump fair/bair/dair without any landing lag. another thing I'm certain I'm really late on

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think I'm really REALLY late here. But did anyone else realise that you can platform cancel super easy just by pressing down on the control stick before you get above the platform?

Also, We can Fullhop a D-air > double jump fair/bair/dair without any landing lag. another thing I'm certain I'm really late on
You're very, very late.
BUT.
Better late than pregnant.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
West/central PA is a huge farmville
Hey, don't compare my second home to a dumb Facebook app. D:

I need to actually figure out the timing on this, though when it was first discovered, people said you could just hold down instead of trying to tap it... has never worked for me. Then again, Ike platform cancels on SV at the apex of his jump so that may be why there's not much difference.

C.J.

Smash Master
To PC with the analog stick, you need to be holding the analog stick down at some point as you rise. By letting the analog stick reset to neutral, you PC. Since you PC by the stick resetting to neutral, you can just press it down right before you get to the appropriate height.

:phone:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
To PC with the analog stick, you need to be holding the analog stick down at some point as you rise. By letting the analog stick reset to neutral, you PC. Since you PC by the stick resetting to neutral, you can just press it down right before you get to the appropriate height.

:phone:
Somehow, I knew you'd be the one to explain.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dude we can combo FH dair into bair on heavies (legit true combo).. This is 2009 stuff Ryko figured out
Oh yeah I knew about that. But i never realised we could DJ fair/dair from it and have it autocancel

You're very, very late.
BUT.
Better late than pregnant.
I guess thats true
When did we get so random? it feels like the rob boards in here

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
In other news. I just saw a Facebook status saying "Prayers for my gramma would be appreciated." It took me a moment to realize that this meant "grandmother" and not "grammar." I'm glad I had not yet decided to comment saying, "It would appear so."

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nice thread title.
I believe it's from my sig. i swear

In other news. I just saw a Facebook status saying "Prayers for my gramma would be appreciated." It took me a moment to realize that this meant "grandmother" and not "grammar." I'm glad I had not yet decided to comment saying, "It would appear so."
You don't appreciate how hilarious that would be

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... Just got done typing a ton of stuff switched pages came back, hit backspace, all gone... effffffffffff... Tournament summary, Worst most joykilling tournament i been to yet. Stacked bracket, along with bracket ****. Shorter summary:

reg round 1 vs "dark" alsm (MK): no bye, game 1 take his first stock, panic nados, die, get gimped at 10%, take him to last stock, lose. Game 2, get to high %s, die, get gimped again, he has a 2 stock lead and still camps the platform on smashville, suicide Fair whether or not it would kill or not, wasn't having fun, didn't really wanna continue haha.

losers round 1 vs Sync (Oli): game 1, super close, clutch spike to even stocks, still lost. Game 2, super close, still lost, Oli is gay, at least I had some fun.

mid/low round 1 vs "dark" alsm (link) A-****ING-GAIN: Super campy, really close game 1, lots of zair, bombs, etc, lost. Game 2, delfino, supery campy yet again, really close again, still lost. Don't get me wrong his link is really good but he just makes the game not fun to play.

mid/low losers round 1 vs Disqo (ROB): Game 1, no comment played badly and lost. Game 2, battlefield, 2 stocked him, started playing better thank god. Game 3, ****Gate Orpheon, basically a game of pure crap, *stage sirents going off i QD*, land on stage with the sliding animation, still in the stopping animation and the stage flips, I go into free fall and die at like 60%. Next stock i get knocked off stage, aether to get back on and was apparently under the stage so i die again at 12%. Took his first stock then take about 60% string of Fair/Ftilt and then just suicided cause I really wasn't in a good mood after the SDs.

Overall summary: A lot of salt over that game in mid/low losers, 2/4 tournament sets were sucked dry of fun thanks to that one special player, 1/4 was sucked dry due to gay stages. Somehow my funnest game was against Olimar, never thought I would see the day when my favorite set is against Olimar. Oh well, got an hour or so of salt and then went to friendlies, time to improve. :)

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... Just got done typing a ton of stuff switched pages came back, hit backspace, all gone... effffffffffff... Tournament summary, Worst most joykilling tournament i been to yet. Stacked bracket, along with bracket ****. Shorter summary:

reg round 1 vs "dark" alsm (MK): no bye, game 1 take his first stock, panic nados, die, get gimped at 10%, take him to last stock, lose. Game 2, get to high %s, die, get gimped again, he has a 2 stock lead and still camps the platform on smashville, suicide Fair whether or not it would kill or not, wasn't having fun, didn't really wanna continue haha.

losers round 1 vs Sync (Oli): game 1, super close, clutch spike to even stocks, still lost. Game 2, super close, still lost, Oli is gay, at least I had some fun.

mid/low round 1 vs "dark" alsm (link) A-****ING-GAIN: Super campy, really close game 1, lots of zair, bombs, etc, lost. Game 2, delfino, supery campy yet again, really close again, still lost. Don't get me wrong his link is really good but he just makes the game not fun to play.

mid/low losers round 1 vs Disqo (ROB): Game 1, no comment played badly and lost. Game 2, battlefield, 2 stocked him, started playing better thank god. Game 3, ****Gate Orpheon, basically a game of pure crap, *stage sirents going off i QD*, land on stage with the sliding animation, still in the stopping animation and the stage flips, I go into free fall and die at like 60%. Next stock i get knocked off stage, aether to get back on and was apparently under the stage so i die again at 12%. Took his first stock then take about 60% string of Fair/Ftilt and then just suicided cause I really wasn't in a good mood after the SDs.

Overall summary: A lot of salt over that game in mid/low losers, 2/4 tournament sets were sucked dry of fun thanks to that one special player, 1/4 was sucked dry due to gay stages. Somehow my funnest game was against Olimar, never thought I would see the day when my favorite set is against Olimar. Oh well, got an hour or so of salt and then went to friendlies, time to improve. :)
Heh heh heh.
I have no shame.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I know it was from your sig GP. I was wondering when you will have noticed it.
Yeah, I noticed it instantly. But How egotistical would it be to see it and then straight away go 'straight out of my sig'?
Okay, so i overthink these things :B

And frigate is Ike's worst stage. It should really be the autoban against about 90% of the roster

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fsmash only hits in front of him, you should use his legendary dsmash as it hits on both sides. That back hit so strong with his superior knock growth rate and better advantage on block compared to usmash. (a whole fricken -2 better!)

Top Bottom