• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No its really like i'm her older brother, i only give her advice or insight every now and then. Socializing doesn't really happen often. Its why i find it surprising she still calls me "nii-chan"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This last page has had me in sitches.
That said. I have no idea who my favourite female smasher is. When it comes to the hobby i dont actually view them any different other than '90% chance of peach/pikachu'

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But yeah, I've given him a ride to both of the events he's attended in the state. He's not bad. He was put out of Loser's at those two tourneys by two different G&Ws.

For the record, he also got third place in Salty Mario 64 Random Star races, losing to me in Loser's Finals. Bowser in the Fire Sea is my level.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This last page has had me in sitches.
That said. I have no idea who my favourite female smasher is. When it comes to the hobby i dont actually view them any different other than '90% chance of peach/pikachu/shiek/zelda/marth'
Laughed.

Than fix'd.

And laughed more at how true it is.

My wife uses Sheik/Snake in P:M, though she only picked up shiek because I told her she's easy.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Marrying someone cause they play smash is dumb unless you both make a living out of it

Its a nice factor for having a hobby you both like but there are more important factors to think about

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Factors that generally line up given that common interest and the factors that lead to having that interest in the first place.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
she was a casual before me. she's trying to play on a competitive level for me, so we have more things that we do together, since Smash is pretty much my biggest passion atm.
Fair enough, More proof of a good relationship, wanting to do things together :D

also neko, in smashUK please completely ignore adam barker. He's an *** XD

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Are you saying people who do something like it for the same reasons?
In every case no. I won't even make a sweeping statement with "most" cases. However, in the specific case of smash in a broader sense, yes. You stay for various reasons, but you played Smash because it's a zany Nintendo crossover which almost guarantees a fairly large swath of overlapping interests for everything from generally cartoony silliness (a fondness of memory for old Disney Movies or Looney Toons for example), various Nintendo games, possibly competition, different other unrealistic distractions (video games that don't take the CoD realism route, movies, some TV series or anime, BOOKS, etc). Even in the case of a smaller overlap, it would generally signify you being okay with and understanding the attraction of such things even if you don't personally enjoy them.

I'm not saying that you necessarily are going to run into the same political and religious views, but, yes, I would say that we all initially played Smash for very similar reasons.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
duncha know the only thing that matters is the expensive brand name?

Still rocking an old nokia, Im not changing it untill it breaks

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I've been using my Sanyo Katana for a decade.

Get on my level.

I'm totally not waiting for my charger to break before getting a new phone, I swear. I don't need no advanced phones.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'll use any Android Phone with a hard keyboard. I don't have any particular brand or server loyalty...yet.

but I am partial to T-Mobile and their 3G+

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You'll never have to change.
thats the plan. I'm a student now who-somehow-gets almost nothing in the way of studeny maintainence loans. So i have to cover all my costs with savings/part time job which im desperately hoping to get
I just cant be affording to spend money on a phone which i wont even like
i swear, I am the only person in the world who hates touchscreen stuff

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have a vehement hate for Apple atm.

big part of it is because of their patent trolling.
You talking about the Samsung thing?

Kinda hard to be trolling when one of the top guys at Samsung is saying "copy this thing from Apple and put it in our phones so they'll stop beating us" in emails. More than just a little bit incriminating there, and rather stupid to do to boot. They should have known better, now they're paying the price.

Right now I have some kind of Android phone of some kind with a touchscreen and keyboard. I just use prepaid cards on it, don't bother with any phone plans. I'm lucky if I make a call every three months on a cell phone.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well it's not just Samsung. Though it is the biggest, loudest thing.

But Apple has tried sueing goggle/moto before and is just hell bent on taking down Android through sketchy legal battles, instead of out innovating and outselling in the market.

Their buisness practices is just really silly. Not to mention how they put on the most fake persona for customers that I've ever seen.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
People care about their wallets not about advancing society. So much so this is why patents exist so people can't copy their ideas right away so they can mooch as much as they can from their ideas.

I was disgusted reading about doctors trying to patent medical procedures so that other hospitals couldn't use them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
People care about their wallets not about advancing society. So much so this is why patents exist so people can't copy their ideas right away so they can mooch as much as they can from their ideas.
Can you blame them? There are certain places where they need to be shut down (such as the aforementioned medical example), but there is such a huge turn away if you take the profit from innovation and we stagnate.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If that becomes a thing, I will hate life forever.

Seriously. Patents are one of the worst things ever.

The whole patent system needs to be reworked severely. Innovation is CHOKING.

Like wtf. In order to avoid patent issues, dpads on various console controllers and portable consoles have to function differently. I can name like 7 different dpad designs off the top of my head.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Note: I'm not defending Apple, they're a bunch of a**hats and push legal battles where there really isn't copyright issue.

Top Bottom