• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
@BS:
I dont Fairfest Vs IC's :x I use more Nair.

@Ussi:
IC's dittos are ew lol,but yea true.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I remember beating an ICs player in a MM at apex, his tag was Ikon I believe.

What makes me mad in this match-up is getting grabbed when i'm jumping or footstooling one of the climbes s:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i discovered the burger joint elevation burger. Since it serves halal meat i was pretty excited to eat an american burger once again.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay i have to ask because im clueless, Halal meat, Do you have to eat halal meat at all times or is it only during certain times of the year?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The way i use halal is when the animal the meat is from is slain the Islamic way. I only eat meat that is halal which means i don't eat meat when i go out unless its a halal resturant and those are usually middle eastern or south asian restaurants so its quite refreshing to eat american food as elevation burger just uses halal meat because they like the quality of meat they are getting and the way the slaughter house treats the animals.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The way i use halal is when the animal the meat is from is slain the Islamic way. I only eat meat that is halal which means i don't really eat out unless its a halal resturant and those are usually middle eastern or south asian restaurants so its quite refreshing to eat american food as elevation burger just uses halal meat because they like the quality of meat they are getting and the way the slaughter house treats the animals.
ah okay, so it that what islam states or is that just personal preference?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I believe thats what Islam states. Some people think as long as the meat is lawful to eat (halal means lawful) then its ok eat it regardless if its slain Islamically or not. I didn't always eat the stricter halal, i made that decision like when i was 17 or so.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fair enough, I know there was a huge commotion in the uk about an islamic protest involving halal meat in the uk. one side wanted to make it a legal requirement to stock halal meat in every shop and restaurant. The other wanted to make outlaw it from UK for various reasons

Both sides were full of ****. Ive never been so ashamed of the uk as i was then

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lol what kind of extreme conditions is that?.. Just let resturants use whatever meat they want. If someone wants to open a Halal resturant to give Muslims a place to eat or have access to halal meat to get busniess from Muslims (since halal meat is something we look out for, when we see it we are eager to eat there) that should be up to the resturant itself.

No need to make all meat halal or no halal meat at all ._. The first option would require slauther houses to only have Muslim butchers

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Dayum Blubo you beat Ikon?!! good stuff,thats Bleachigo's lil brother.

Also guys how should i approach Marth?

Roller if i do go to Apex maybe ill mm you if you want lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Approach Marth.... No..

That's a zoning war to see who makes the first mistake.

Well i guess if you are behind then you have to bait Marth to commit to an action as Marth has an option for everything but each option commits so just get him to commit to the wrong option. Err nvm thats still the same zoning game..

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
What i do is i try my best not to get grabbed and 0%,but if i do get grabbed then i start to play more aggro against him.I need to stop using Nair to approach him xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The way i use halal is when the animal the meat is from is slain the Islamic way. I only eat meat that is halal which means i don't eat meat when i go out unless its a halal resturant and those are usually middle eastern or south asian restaurants so its quite refreshing to eat american food as elevation burger just uses halal meat because they like the quality of meat they are getting and the way the slaughter house treats the animals.
One of the worst posts in terms of grammar and syntax I have read from you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
There are conjunctions which means it's actually not a run-on sentence. I will admit it's a mouthful, though.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
As a matter of fact, it IS a run-on sentence.

There are conjunctions. There are no commas or other punctuation to separate the numerous independent clauses. This indicates a run-on.

What you would have without conjunctions is a fused sentence. If you had no conjunctions, but you had a comma separating independent clauses instead of a period, semicolon, or other appropriate punctuation, the problem would then be one of comma splicing.

Don't you act like you know more than I do. NOT IN MY THREAD, SUCKAAAAAAAAAA

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well not really. My English is defs on par with a native speaker if not better.

My grammar is getting rusty!

I'm an Asian fatty who needs to shave! (picture spam anybody?)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol what kind of extreme conditions is that?.. Just let resturants use whatever meat they want. If someone wants to open a Halal resturant to give Muslims a place to eat or have access to halal meat to get busniess from Muslims (since halal meat is something we look out for, when we see it we are eager to eat there) that should be up to the resturant itself.
THANK YOU! It was a situation where there was people campaigning for the 2 extremes and then everyone was standing in the middle like 'You're all idiots'

What i do is i try my best not to get grabbed and 0%,but if i do get grabbed then i start to play more aggro against him.I need to stop using Nair to approach him xD
You should probably avoid approaching marth in general. And if He's fishing for the grab that hard then you can do a fair bit of damage just from punishing reckless grab attempts

Lol needing to shave...
It's beginning to feel that way for me too now. Why do so many ike mains have significant facial hair XD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I actually shave everyday, or if I'm lazy every two days >_>

I'll take "little asian boy" as a compliment. I'm 23.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Little refers to size not age

Also i shave every 2 days cause its not as noticable to have 1 day of no shave when you have a beard

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I get kinda self-conscious about my facial hair x_x

I also hate to make myself look any older than I already am... sucks that I'm only 5'6.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Facial hair will do that to you.

Guess it depends if your goal is to look older or younger?

Top Bottom