• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This is my 2nd time going to Ohio... During this trip... My family took the same rest areas as the last time we went to ohio.. Not intentionally either. Lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've seen this a few times before. And aside from, "Damn, she's attractive," the first thing that still comes to mind is, "Being out in the cold like that could be so bad for a violin..."
The opinion of a musician, ladies and gentlemen!

It feels unfair to class it as dubstep, becuase it was actually really good

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why're you coming to Ohio, Ussi?
Visiting family (2nd cousins) its more for my parents. Also a wedding was today so my mother + sisters attended that in Indiana.

Family is like 90% of the reason i'll be going somewhere

Sad thing is my 2 cousins aren't here so i just spent my entire day watching the PAX LoL stream

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The opinion of a musician, ladies and gentlemen!

It feels unfair to class it as dubstep, becuase it was actually really good
Yeah, I really hate the "mainstream" dubstep that goes WUB WUB WUB in your face. Also the kind that shows up out of no where like Skrillex's Scary Monsters.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, I really hate the "mainstream" dubstep that goes WUB WUB WUB in your face. Also the kind that shows up out of no where like Skrillex's Scary Monsters.
I just listened to scary monsters,God that was boring.
I only really like one song that fits the traditional dubstep tag, and that's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6NDkVLNm5o
Anyone seen that new Internet explorer ad? Jesus christ the Wubs in that

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Ike's jab is better but luigi's jab1 might be better than ike's own jab1, and that alone says a lot about how good it is.
Luigi's jab1>dsmash is kinda ******** too :I

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ike's jab is better but luigi's jab1 might be better than ike's own jab1, and that alone says a lot about how good it is.
Luigi's jab1>dsmash is kinda ******** too :I
Pretty much agree with this, Luigi's jab1 is better than ikes, but for the overall jab combo ike takes the cake

I know what I'm doing next tournament.
This is my new action only method of saying 'you're so bad i can sandbag with ike and still beat you'

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the hitstun isnt an isse because of the speed and potential damage of luigi's followups. plus luigi's jab is faster.
But i agree, I would personally take ike's over luigi's, just because spacing is a way of life now XD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hitstun is what lets us combo into as many moves as we do. Or would let Luigi combo into more moves if he had Ike's jab. Really, just for that reason alone there isn't a character that wouldn't benefit from having Ike's Jab 1 instead of their own Jab 1. Trading 1-2 frame hit time (worst case scenario) for more combos with each hit? Yes please, particularly in a game with very few combos.

I'm also really doubtful that Luigi's jab has more range.

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Guyz i want to be good with Ike.I don't know how i can do that tho.I don't know what to practice with him.I don't really go to offlines and i don't really do wifi.So yea is there anyother way in getting better?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Heartstring

Smash Legend

The only thing we can combo from jab1

is

jab1.
And grab...sometimes
Luigi has so many follow-ups from his jab that it feels better. As for range, im not actually sure which one is longer. will give it a test later

Guyz i want to be good with Ike.I don't know how i can do that tho.I don't know what to practice with him.I don't really go to offlines and i don't really do wifi.So yea is there anyother way in getting better?
Read the guide. Practise spacing perfectly also jab cancelling
As for actual improvement, you can only do that by competing

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure we're talking about "true" combos, in which Ike's only "true" combo would be Jab 1 to Jab 1. All the others are DI and opponent reactionary dependent. Not sure if Luigi's are "true", though it does seem like I struggle to get out of his jab crap.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure we're talking about "true" combos, in which Ike's only "true" combo would be Jab 1 to Jab 1. All the others are DI and opponent reactionary dependent. Not sure if Luigi's are "true", though it does seem like I struggle to get out of his jab crap.
Luigi's are true combo's EXCEPT when the opponent DI's a certain way for the most part. As the thread says, some combo's only work on certain characters (like jab>Up-b)
When it comes to follow-ups luigi beats us in sheer options. However we have a guaranteed ~19% from a jab1>jab1>jab2>jab3 which is nearly true. it kinda smashes luigi for true damage options, But he can get some nifty mixups that will undoubtedly do more damage.
Either way, Both are tools which are the centre of their respective characters metagame

Top Bottom