• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can't imagine it being easy or reliable given the position you would have to get to in the time it takes for you to grab the ledge from Aether. If he was already holding a bomb, he can hit you with it into a move if he's close enough to follow it up, but if he doesn't have it out before you are using UpB, he'd have to Dair raw and I don't think he can reliably reach a position to do it before you've got the ledge unless you were knocked far enough away that he could've ledge hogged you anyway. Bomb throw -> Fair read (maybe combo) seems more reliable.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
IMO Tink isnt that difficult, its just annoying. The spam game is okay but the thing that always gets me is Zair, You can usually predict it when you see them airdodging in your face, but its still irritating

Tink has such a time trying to kill us though, its almost funny

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, it was essentially my Eid money converted into that. So tomato, tomotto.

Lol, not exactly the lightest shoes on the market. I don't stand a chance. These are more geared towards comfort and traction on the court. I had to wait for the perfect opportunity to buy them. 25 dollar coupon, made it a total of 85.

Definitely an upgrade over my 4 year old "Spiderman" shoes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow you wore a pair of shoes for four years? o.o
I had two pairs of bball shoes. I've owned one pair since 2006, which I used for street ball and practice these days. They are super beat up. The shoes I had that were 4 years old I only used for tournaments and pick up gym games. They are finally showing some wear and tear, but still playable. These new ones I got are meant to replace them in that sort of aspect.

Also have some running shoes from 2007 that are a bit torn and beat up. Use them daily, football, running, gym...I could use a new pair lol. The Nike Free look cool, but they are expensive.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ah I see.

Shoes are 50% more expensive in Canada and Nike Frees are no exception :(

I replace shoes every year at most... I need to cut down though I think I have 6 pairs right now.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Longest for me was a pair of sneakers I had for 3-4 years, since the latter years of high school. A few months ago I stopped using them. I also have a pair of dress shoes that I've worn since high school, like 6 years ago.

Once my shoe size stabalized, I was able to wear the same pair of shoes for much longer.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, if I were teaching someone to use Ike, the first thing I'd tell them to get down would be jab cancelling. Definitely something you can do in training mode.

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Oh Ok i have done some of that. How do i know when i have mastered that? Should i try and Jab cancel all the way across FD,then back to the other side?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, you can try to manually combo walk across FD as one method. Also, try to get as fast as possible, while also learning all the mix ups.

Jab, jab
Jab, kick, jab
Jab, grab
Jab, b-air
Jab, up-tilt

These will be your primary mix ups with only "jab, jab" being a guarantee for sure. The others are dependent on your opponent's skill in DI'in away and how much damage they have in general.

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Yea i so need to practice doing those Jab combos.Do you think you can link me to some good Ike videos? Because since san quit [I Think] i don't see much Ike videos besides Ryo :'(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Very important thing Bored forgot:

Jab, turnaround, jab

you should basically look like you got flipped when jabbing, should see no turnaround animation.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Finished my second and last tournament of this summer, LSC, formerly known as Bushido Brawl Impact 2. The european attendance wasn't as great as it was for BBI 1, but it was still like a fifth of the brawlers there. I was able to meet new faces and see people I hadn't seen in a long time. Including G~P !

I got 9th out of ~64. I went only Ike in brackets and MK/falco vs an MK in my pool.
I beat Dany's Marth and MK in first round brackets (the marth I ALWAYS face in tournies...), then Desti's Luigi and Kirby.
I had to play Leon after that. I managed to take game 1 ("YES!!!"), he won game 2.

I cp'd him to delfino. We got one spike each, I got a bthrow>dash attack at low %. He came back to the place where I just did bthrow>da, I rolled behind his dancing blade 3, which left him wide open really close to the blastzone. I did a jab123 hoping it would kill him, as the stage was going up at that point.. But I should've ftilted or fthrow. Anyway he survived that. Then I did a second awful mistake, I tried to get a bthrow chain-grab, but just got DownTilted to death...
I got real close to my objective which is beating Leon's Marth with ike in a tournament set. Good ting is, I don't think he can learn the Ike match-up any better than he knows it now.

After that, I lost 2-0 to neath, a good diddy from the south of france and a friend of mine. It was doable but I wasn't adapting fast enough.

I also got 7th in doubles with Myollnir, Ike/MK.

Overall it was a great tournament. I hope I'll be able to keep playing, even if I'll start studying again in october.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nicely done Blubo, i wonder how hyped it was when you took game 1 against Leon
Not nearly as hype as game 3 when he nearly took the set

So yeah, Blubo is godly at patience and punishing, People in EU are so aggro like i had no idea untill 2 days ago
Anyway, I still have no idea how to play this game in reality, so i need to go do that and then i can come back and not be free
but it was good to meet people again, blubo is cool and i forgot how much of a troll duelerX was (really, the first thing he said to me was 'Ah G~P! you are less fat than the last time i met you')
Although im kinda convinced my pool was hard, i had no excuse for not making it out

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Always wanted to attend a major Tennis event. Actually, these are the events I'd like to attend in my lifetime...

Wimbledon
Summer Olympics
FIFA World Cup

Top Bottom