• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Had a Smashfest tonight with T-block :) Definitely learned a bit with Ike and found some bad habits throughout!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Happy birthday San.

Fun facts: brinstar and me, a love story. When getting CPed here (mk, wario, g&w...) I always win.
When CPing, I always lose, and in the most dumb and undeserved way.

Yesterday at a smashfest, I got Dthrow-ed by a metaknight on the little balls close to the right side. The balls broke and I buffered an airdodge... The lava wasn't around and I died.
Later in brackets, I CPed a pokemon trainer main there. He DownTilt-ed the balls (with squirtle) and I Naired to my death.

I hate this stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKN6NgQmg4&feature=relmfu#t=2m24s

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Brinstar, where dreams die. I dislike that place in a set but in friendlies I always **** around there, not sure why,

Also, Happy Birthday San.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm from Texas and I shot my own dinner last night.
While riding side seat in a tractor.
With a just-finished beer bottle sitting next to me.

Yeah, I just had the best weekend I've had in a while. I'm going outdoors with my cousin more often. And buying my own gun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ah thanks guys. Was sick this morning, but ended up feeling better and had a pretty nice day overall.

@Brett only in Texas

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Yeah, I just had the best weekend I've had in a while. I'm going outdoors with my cousin more often. And buying my own gun.
I love you more now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Everyone hates on this font color, lol. The original purpose was to make a friend of mine mad at it. Probably get to it later today.

As for WHOBO, dude, those pools were stacked. I ended up not getting out because I lost to PJ 2-1. I really thought I'd make it out, but then I saw all the pool sheets and was thinking "****ing hell, are you serious?"

Shoutouts to the Ike and dropped grabs making me look somewhat respectable against ESAM.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol yeah. I 2-stocked Dojo's ICs at 20% in pools. Still lost to him overall after he switched characters. He just didn't know the chain grab timing for Ike (or I guess the match-up itself) very well. Of the few times he grabbed me, he only REALLY capitalized by taking my first stock.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Asking Chibo was the first thing you did wrong.
Yes, But you werent looking at the stream :(

I don't think you're stereotyping hard enough

Lol yeah. I 2-stocked Dojo's ICs at 20% in pools. Still lost to him overall after he switched characters. He just didn't know the chain grab timing for Ike (or I guess the match-up itself) very well. Of the few times he grabbed me, he only REALLY capitalized by taking my first stock.
According to the IC's main down the road, Ike is unusually difficult to chaingrab due to his inbetweeny weight and very thin build
Sadly, He can chaingrab ike perfectly because he practices it solely to beat me :L

I watch them when you link them, because keeping up with stuff is hard

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ike isn't hard to cg :p The only problem with him is that you can't continually Hobble lock him if he sdi's it right.(on most characters u can hobble lock--->pivot grab to change stage positioning but ike goes too far to do anything but dash grab or dash shield grab). So you have to do a combination of fthrow-dthrow--->hobble or dthrow dthrow hobble. His weight is also a factor for why some find him annoying cuz u have to cg for longer periods which leads to more opportunities for mistakes.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Leaving for ReveLAtions tomorrow morning, feels good to start going OoS again. Need to make some more noise for Ike.

Thinking about entering Doubles as well, not sure.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That actually sounds like a good idea, but we already have salt shakers. We were given them by the Masters of Catastrophe. :troll:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, I'm still going to hope for an image of the loser with a salt shaker the size of his head or something silly like that at the end of the last video. :awesome:

Top Bottom