• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Touché.

Anyone catch the opening ceremony? How was it? I didn't catch it.
I only Saw the second half of it (from when the teams walked into the stadium) because i was at work before that. But from what i caught it was pretty amazing. The torch was ingenious in its design and was by far the best thing about it, Had the arctic monkeys (top UK band) playing during parts of it.
The only gripe i had during the parts I saw was that paul mccartney played the ending of it, And he was really too old to do it sadly
Apparently the bits i missed were very solid, had people like mr bean up there...and 'The queen' parachuted into the stadium

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Match-up overview request: Ike vs. DK.

:phone:
I'd like to see some ideas for this as well, I can't seem to maintain stage control against DK and the fact that his Fair and FSmash can still connect through Aether bugs me.

If possible I'd also like to talk more about strategies pertaining to the Ike/Peach MU, I play Silly Kyle in Bracket in almost every tourney and I'm at a loss on how to approach this MU.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'd like to see some ideas for this as well, I can't seem to maintain stage control against DK and the fact that his Fair and FSmash can still connect through Aether bugs me.
You're using Aether way too high, or are playing on a bad stage for Aether gimmicks (hitting with the sword before grabbing the ledge). He should never get either on you if you do it at the correct height.

If possible I'd also like to talk more about strategies pertaining to the Ike/Peach MU, I play Silly Kyle in Bracket in almost every tourney and I'm at a loss on how to approach this MU.
You don't. You'll want to wait for an opening (either by a powershield or an obvious float are your best openings), and either jab if in range, or wall out with a Fair. In the case of an obvious float, a Bair against any of her attempts to hit you out of it usually suffices. Also, jab->Utilt is a great way to catch kills in this MU.

Edit: I misread the last part lol, thought it said "how to approach in this MU." Hence my response. Still applies, though.

I'll leave an actual overview to the old man or someone else >_>

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
You're using Aether way too high, or are playing on a bad stage for Aether gimmicks (hitting with the sword before grabbing the ledge). He should never get either on you if you do it at the correct height.
It's Smashville that I'm having this problem on, with the other Neutrals and Counterpicks I don't seem to have trouble using Aether low enough to prevent DK from attacking during my recovery, but with SV it just seems too difficult. I suppose it's more of a personal problem if what you say is true and that I'm just bad at judging the correct distance needed to recover safely.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I figure One Direction would be the top "band" :troll:
Get out, Now
I don't care if you're trolling, That's too far >:|
but seriously, Theyre technically a band, But im not classing them as one

Also forgot to say, But i came 4th at a tournament on sunday, Seeing as the 3 above me and leagues ahead of everyone else who attends and that i gave the 3rd place finishers a REALLY close battle for his money, I'm pretty happy with myself

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Great job G~P ! Who was in the top3 then ?

I myself got 9th at the tournament I attended in germany. Result thread here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325903

I went only Ike except for one set against a marth in pools.
My pool was really hard for an Ike main... QuiKsilver, a top german player, ZSS/Samus, who knows the match-up from playing Yoh; Gregs, a good falco main from holland, Vyq, another falco main... In the end I 2-0'd everyone except for QuiK and Serudos, another ZSS, who both 0-2'd me. I got 3rd seed.
In brackets I won against Sodrek, a snake/samus whose samus made things really difficult, and Snopy, one of the best Pit in europe.
I then lost to QuiKsilver again, taking a game off of his ZSS but then nearly getting 2 stocked by his Samus last game. Then got destroyed by Purple~H, a snake main who also knows the match-up really well. I got a smexy Bthrow chain-grab on delfino but he outplayed and 2-0'd me.

This tournament was a great experience. Plus I'm kinda glad of this placing.

My set vs QuiK (brackets) should be uploaded, so I'll post it in the video critique thread at that time. We can elaborate on the ZSS-Ike match-up and laugh at samus ****** me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Great job G~P ! Who was in the top3 then ?

I myself got 9th at the tournament I attended in germany. Result thread here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325903
umm, J.miller 1st (lost in winners to him), C.R.Z 2nd, Siri 3rd (lost to him in losers)
Seeing as all 3 of them have been about and at the top for forever, I cant complain about 4th

...wait...
You got 9th at BIB3?
oh my god you king, Well played man!

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Whobo this weekend? If so, good luck guys!

Very nicely done, Blubo! I'm gonna need to step my game up D: Unfortunately, I wasn't going to make it to Hope5, though it has been canceled @.@ My next Smash tourney may have to be Apex lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What kind of smasher are you?

Jokes, Fair play to you for keeping to your schoolwork. I know i couldnt be that dedicated

Speaking of which, I start university in a few months and move into my new housing in about 6 weeks, It's not a student let, rather everyone else staying there is a professional. Anyone know what i should expect from this?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi guys! This social seems more dead than the Zelda social! How did this happen?

Considering picking this guy up as a secondary/for fun char for Peach (along with Zelda, lol). Good idea, bad?

G~P, what kind of housing is it? It's different depending on whether you live alone or not and whatnot.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Ussi, our post count buffer, is on hiatus. *points at topic title*

Uhh, what MUs do you want to pick him up for? I think Peach covers most of/does better in most MUs Ike is good at.

Top Bottom