• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Happy Birthday Brett!! Also another comment about the Falco matchup.. What Dark Falco told me is when Falco is off stage, just grab the ledge for no reason and just try to mind game the falco as to whether or not you will be grabbing the edge or not. He said it really messes with a lot of falco's recoveries.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I couldnt find the GF's, but thats cause its 1am and I'm tired
I feel like that compared to Ryo's, I don't nearly use as many SHAD's to get in as i should, This would probably explain why i have an issue with shieldgrabs

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Dang I missed Brett's birthday. Happy belated!

So calculus plus full time work has limited me to checking here on a less-than-daily basis for awhile... although for a few days last week I actually forgot that SWF existed for the first time in three years. That was scary.

:248:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dang I missed Brett's birthday. Happy belated!

So calculus plus full time work has limited me to checking here on a less-than-daily basis for awhile... although for a few days last week I actually forgot that SWF existed for the first time in three years. That was scary.

I heard it was Diablo III.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So yeah, RAGE. The first tournament I was feeling on point throughout most of my matches. I need to make it a note to ban Smashville, because I did not win a single match on that stage in tournament. I don't even know why, the stage already irked me. Strangely enough, my two Delfino CPs were both wins, and I hate the stage (just wound up being a comfortable pick against the two characters I used it on, Snake and I think KB's MK).

[collapse=Pools]My pool was KSev (Snake), The Green ******* (G&W), VanZ (Puff/Peach), Sammy (Luigi IIRC), Zinoto (Diddy), and KB (Peach/MK). Zinoto got 1st seed, came down to me vs. KB for 2nd seed. I lost to his Peach Games 1 and 3 (I think I got hit by way too many Fairs... Probably the most impatient I played all tourney), beat his MK Game 2. So I got out as what I thought would be 3rd seed, but the results thread has me as a second seed...*shrug*[/collapse]

[collapse=Bracket]1st round in bracket I faced Rabbi, an MK. Felt pretty comfortable against his MK, I managed to 2-0 him. I think he might not have been as aggressive offstage as he should have been, I recovered more times than Ike probably should have against MK.

2nd round, I had the joy and fortune to face Lain. Did TONS better than last time (3-stocked and 2-stocked last year at Hope4), got him to last stock Game 1. Unfortunately, I'm still terribly green at this MU, could not build too well on keeping Nana away after separating the two. I did get a lucky fully charged FSmash though =D Got 2-stocked Game 2, I don't even remember much of it =/

In losers, I faced Thugz, an MK. Game 1 was the only time I had a blatant miscue all tourney: last stock at about 80% with Thugz at about 100%, I was floating back to the ground on the right side of BF, and thought I had grabbed the ledge. Instead, I landed at the very edge and was not prepared for a DSmash, and died with beautiful 3 o'clock DI. I was pretty much in control the entire game too, since Game 2 I went back to BF and got a 2-stock on him. Game 3, I went down from his 2 fresh stocks to my 1, brought it back to last hit, but couldn't pull it out.[/collapse]

Overall, I'm more disappointed that I couldn't get many matches recorded, mostly because of no infinite replay on a lot of the Wiis. Would've loved to get those Lain matches especially. But oh well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, if MK knows how to handle Ike off stage, the MU turns into 100:0 lol. Really, the only chance we have is when MK decides to be passive when Ike is offstage.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Damn that was a tough bracket... Props for going all Ike. How did you do vs Zinoto ?

Peach's fair is kinda like ours in terms of speed and use, except she makes up the range with her mobility. I feel Bair is our best option vs this one aerial.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Damn that was a tough bracket... Props for going all Ike. How did you do vs Zinoto ?

Peach's fair is kinda like ours in terms of speed and use, except she makes up the range with her mobility. I feel Bair is our best option vs this one aerial.
That was actually the only match where I switched off of Ike lol. He 2-stocked me Game 1, so I went Falco and got him to last stock. I just wasn't feeling it against him, I must have gotten grabbed by his SideB at least 5 times @.@

Yeah, I totally drew on a blank on using Bair a lot more against Peach's Fair. Either that or powershielding a bit more effectively.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I heard it was Diablo III.
For about a month after it was released that was pretty much all I did, but now I've stopped playing that game until they patch a ton of crap. Wasn't as good as expected.

[collapse=Pools]My pool was KSev (Snake), The Green ******* (G&W), VanZ (Puff/Peach), Sammy (Luigi IIRC), Zinoto (Diddy), and KB (Peach/MK). Zinoto got 1st seed, came down to me vs. KB for 2nd seed. I lost to his Peach Games 1 and 3 (I think I got hit by way too many Fairs... Probably the most impatient I played all tourney), beat his MK Game 2. So I got out as what I thought would be 3rd seed, but the results thread has me as a second seed...*shrug*[/collapse]

[collapse=Bracket]1st round in bracket I faced Rabbi, an MK. Felt pretty comfortable against his MK, I managed to 2-0 him. I think he might not have been as aggressive offstage as he should have been, I recovered more times than Ike probably should have against MK.

2nd round, I had the joy and fortune to face Lain. Did TONS better than last time (3-stocked and 2-stocked last year at Hope4), got him to last stock Game 1. Unfortunately, I'm still terribly green at this MU, could not build too well on keeping Nana away after separating the two. I did get a lucky fully charged FSmash though =D Got 2-stocked Game 2, I don't even remember much of it =/

In losers, I faced Thugz, an MK. Game 1 was the only time I had a blatant miscue all tourney: last stock at about 80% with Thugz at about 100%, I was floating back to the ground on the right side of BF, and thought I had grabbed the ledge. Instead, I landed at the very edge and was not prepared for a DSmash, and died with beautiful 3 o'clock DI. I was pretty much in control the entire game too, since Game 2 I went back to BF and got a 2-stock on him. Game 3, I went down from his 2 fresh stocks to my 1, brought it back to last hit, but couldn't pull it out.[/collapse]
Good stuff! That really sucks about game 1 against Thugz, sounds like you definitely could have taken that set. I have to start playing this game more... big tourney coming up in a month and I haven't played smash in weeks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For about a month after it was released that was pretty much all I did, but now I've stopped playing that game until they patch a ton of crap. Wasn't as good as expected.
So...you played a game that "wasn't as good as expected" for a month? I would have quit after a few days.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah i Pretty much agree here. I've had a small amount of quality peach exp vs. siri, And the one thing i try to think about is 'dont shield her aerial approach, it's not going to work out well for you'
Sadly, you can't just 'step back' for forever, because eventually you run out of stage. so retreating B-air seems like the most solid option for an offensive peach manoeuvre.

And yeah, I need to get ahold of my working copy of brawl, I'm suffering too much by being totally unable to practise

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Was thinking of going to Rage too, forgot there was a local though, decided to go to that instead.

Wish I could watch your matches. I bet you'll get Thugz if you see him in bracket or pools next time though. =)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, I'm hyped to play in WHOBO mid tiers and mid tier doubles. Gonna in before I get stuck playing Reflx or Lou after traveling to Texas.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Was thinking of going to Rage too, forgot there was a local though, decided to go to that instead.

Wish I could watch your matches. I bet you'll get Thugz if you see him in bracket or pools next time though. =)
Yeah, I was wondering if you'd still go haha. I'll make sure to get him, I'm done losing to Meta Knight.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well...****
Today guys, my desktop computer died at a ripe old age of 9 and a half years old. rip windows 98 desktop

Also, why am i on the computer at 4am, I have work in 2 hours

Top Bottom