• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's only saturday and sunday.

I'm more hyped for the mid tier singles and doubles. If on the off chance I can go (it is in the summer time) I'll definably want to do double Ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm probably not gonna go. 5 hour ride from Dallas to Houston? Yeah right.

Unless I book a 50 dollar Southwest ticket ahead of time, not interesting in carpooling that far.

Also a slim chance my grad ceremony might be around that time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm probably not gonna go. 5 hour ride from Dallas to Houston? Yeah right.

Unless I book a 50 dollar Southwest ticket ahead of time, not interesting in carpooling that far.

Also a slim chance my grad ceremony might be around that time.
You're such a baby.
Last WHOBO, I drove that far by myself. WITH NO SLEEP on the way back. Granted, that all-nighter was one of my life's worst decisions- BUT take that away and the time it took to get there didn't bother me too much.
Should be easier with a carpool.
I'll probably be going with Denti. I've heard his carpools are great because there's a TV with AV hookups in the car.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm tentative about WHOBO 4 for now, since I'll be taking an accelerated calculus course over the summer on top of work and other crap. If I'm definitely going to have the time/money then I'm down, but we'll see.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're such a baby.
Last WHOBO, I drove that far by myself. WITH NO SLEEP on the way back. Granted, that all-nighter was one of my life's worst decisions- BUT take that away and the time it took to get there didn't bother me too much.
Should be easier with a carpool.
I'll probably be going with Denti. I've heard his carpools are great because there's a TV with AV hookups in the car.
Person doesn't like long car rides = baby? Okay, guess those monthly Austin to Dallas and back car rides to visit FAMILY don't count for anything in your book. My point is I don't have any reason to drive 5 hours for a video game.

And if I'm a baby for not liking long car rides, what does that make a person who isn't willing to play a sport like Football and risk getting tackled by people bigger than him?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
5 hours in a car isn't that bad. And if you drive 3 hours from Austin to Dallas monthly, it should be even less so for you.
You seem to be getting really defensive though, so I'll just drop it.
by the power of namesearch...
Oh. Fudge. Well, as long as you're here.
Kirk Kirky Kirk Kirk.
Come to WHOBO4 this August 3-5.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I found out today that the TV I use to play Brawl is messing with me. It tried to do a search for channels with a nonexistent antenna, and I can't get to the channel with Brawl.

EDIT:

Also, I just checked.. I'm taking 21 credits.

I think something has to go..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If only you knew what you were talking about, but I'll set that aside. How does that saying go? "Don't assume everything?"
Well the one I was taught was 'to assume makes an *** out of u and me' (and wordfilter is going to mess with the wordplay :( )

But hey, chances are I'll be in austin during WHOBO-time anyways, lol hi bored

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I found out today that the TV I use to play Brawl is messing with me. It tried to do a search for channels with a nonexistent antenna, and I can't get to the channel with Brawl.

EDIT:

Also, I just checked.. I'm taking 21 credits.

I think something has to go..
are any of those credits labs?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
CS 1132 - Transition to MATLAB: Coding assignments

CS 4758 - Robot Learning: Project- make robot do stuff (projects)

CS 4820 - Intro Analysis of Algorithms- problem sets/coding

ECE 3140 - Embedded Systems: Labs, tests, and final project

ECE 3150 - Intro to Microelectronics: Labs, problem sets

ECE 3530 - Intro to Systems & Synthetic Biology: Labs and Projects

So 3 labs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well the one I was taught was 'to assume makes an *** out of u and me' (and wordfilter is going to mess with the wordplay :( )

But hey, chances are I'll be in austin during WHOBO-time anyways, lol hi bored
Well as I said, I'll probably have graduated and moved on by then. Unless I decide to fail my courses right now, I don't see myself being there in the Summer lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I enjoyed the labs that I have had in college... I just... I hate scheduling them. They seem to suck away the free time I really wanted out of my week. Guess I should prepare for a lot of that since I'm planning on going to radiology school after I'm done with my music degree.
If by the off chance some of IL plans to go...I don't see why not.

:phone:
Considering spamming IL social boards...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember one of the labs I had for Physics. A brown guy, who had lived in Colombia, so he had a mix accent, and his name was Walter. To top it off, he always said "This guy." So when he is pointing to 5 different wires, and calling them all "This guy", then it doesn't leave me much to understand lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well as I said, I'll probably have graduated and moved on by then. Unless I decide to fail my courses right now, I don't see myself being there in the Summer lol.
I see, Turns out I won't be going, I never knew that being a *** was a requirement of a camp counsellor. Oh well

GP, I know I've probably already asked you this, but you seen the Ike main "Silva" around? He is from England.
Nope, He's 100% Wifike. He's one of those guys that always claims he's coming to an event, and then just doesn't :B

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang that's unfortunate on both statements. We have someone here in Austin who is sort of like that. Doesn't play wifi, but claims he's gonna show up, but makes up a john.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, We have LOADS around here, Infact the most active UK person on smashboards is a guy who's been to one tournament and now claims he has oodles of exp -__-

Also, I think I just got a job at the golf club....which means money for WHOBO, woohoo

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
So I'm going to a tournament in Germany in about 10 days. I'll meet Killian and Yoh, 2 EUIkes.

I hope this'll give my Ike motivation back cuz I kinda lost it since apex and a smashfest I had not long after. I started training with MK, even though France is having an identity crisis about whether or not we should leave him banned.
Basically I'm going through the usual "bad player plays better/broken character to compensate".

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's only compensating till you start taking top placements with said characters or if you do worse but still stick to said character. You can become a good player while using mk...

:p

Use pit blubo ;)

For me personally, i'm going all pit in florida while secretly training my mk. If the ban ever gets uplifted...i'm def maining mk. No point in maing pit with him around...unless the japanese ruleset is the national standard in which case i might stick with pit.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To be fair, I also gave my pocket MK a trial run, It's actually not that bad. But if i was going to do that, whats the point in using ike or rob? Plus mk is no fun

And UK is keeping MK unbanned, but doing the *** ruleset. and seeing how it goes

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, I just got back from my first tourney where I legitimately applied my Ike and it worked. Why, I dunno, but he covers the match-ups that I hate to play as Falco well enough to my satisfaction.

Top Bottom