• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It has been like this since fall '09. Everybody should know San isn't retiring soon. You just have to be patient to see him do something. =P
(Kinda like me but I don't have as much an excuse, except I didn't have money to throw around. Now I do, so I'm looking for tourneys.)
Lol yeah, pretty much. I attend almost every tournament in my region but that's like every 3-4 months.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He has said on facebook that he still plans to come out to see all us.

Even if he didn't i'd drive up there just to chill w/my nignog :(

And we'd smash :awesome:

And i'd win :troll:
<3 ryo all bromo

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Most of the people who said i'm retiring from competitive smash really mean

i'm not giving 2 cents about practicing/studying but i'll still play.

Smash4lyfe

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Ryo retiring? I haven't even got to use my
pathetic
ike against him yet. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.. ._. I would like to show off my ike for critiques but don't get much transportation to tourneys so i'll stay unheard. :/

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would become a god at capturing and then sign a contract with a demon that has me use what I've learned in VNs to conquer real girls.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Loli has lost its original meaning now that i think about it...

Its supposed to represent girls before puberty but nowadays its just to represent those who looks too young.

Also real life "lolis" are not moe :|

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Loli has lost its original meaning now that i think about it...

Its supposed to represent girls before puberty but nowadays its just to represent those who looks too young.

Also real life "lolis" are not moe :|
pretty much this, yet people still try to place it under pedophillia <_< I blame America and it's low level adaptation skill (yeah RIAA/MPAA/Congress joke, get@me) *eyerolls*
Also lol @BS's quote fix, if that were to happen, hell had best of frozen over by then.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, Wiki has this statement for its second sentence.

"In Japan, the term (lolicon) describes an attraction to underage girls (whether prepubescent, pubescent, or post-pubescent)[2][3] or an individual with such an attraction."

So if Wiki is right, then it's pretty much anyone under 18, assuming you are 18 and up. If you admit to romantic of sexual thoughts, then that is pedophilia. What more do you want?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Here's one viewpoint I have that a LOT of people don't like because they have one point of view SUPER INGRAINED into their minds:

The under 18 part doesn't necessarily bother me (at least in physical principle... stupidity always sucks.)
It's the prepubescent part that disgusts me.

(Actually legal age in TX as well as several other states is 17.)
But even if I saw a girl who was obviously post-puberty and acted mature, and then found out she was 16, I'd probably still think she's attractive.

I sort of think the age 18 (or whichever applies) rule is in place for mental maturity (LOT OF GOOD THAT DOES).
Literally, nature says a girl is ready for action when she undergoes puberty... which is much earlier than 18. Problem is preteens and most teens are ********, and there's an obvious mental/stage-of-life gap between that and older ages... but if that weren't the case, I'd think nothing fundamentally wrong with attraction to anyone post-puberty.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It just becomes a problem if your inclined to like girls who are young, because they look young. That's how I see pedophiles, and sadly those who are obsessed with lolis in real life. I dunno Brett, for the most part, there is quite a bit of difference between a 16 year old, 18, and 21. You're right it's used to protect girls, because they aren't mentally ready. However, the body is still developing for both genders until about 21, and it's easy to tell even from just looking at it. I mean, just look at a guy or girl's "physique" in college compared to one who is 16 years old. And no, this is not attributed to because people are weight lifting or eating fast food on campus everyday.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, Wiki has this statement for its second sentence.

"In Japan, the term (lolicon) describes an attraction to underage girls (whether prepubescent, pubescent, or post-pubescent)[2][3] or an individual with such an attraction."

So if Wiki is right, then it's pretty much anyone under 18, assuming you are 18 and up. If you admit to romantic of sexual thoughts, then that is pedophilia. What more do you want?
Of course it's dependent on the country, In the uk. the legal age is 16 rather than 18 so yeah :L

And as Ussi said, the sheer stupidity of about 95% of girls under the age is what stops them being attractive outside of physical traits

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is it fine to look at little girls and wish you were their older brother? (mainly me missing the days when my little sisters were cute :|)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Don't you get me mixed up with that dirty, shameful pedophile!
...oh yeah, i kinda mixed what the pair of you said together :L

The point still stands...Infact my brother has taken to stating '*****es be crazy' out loud whenever one of the girls in his class do anything stupid...It's earnt him his fair share of slaps and scratches XD

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Semi-related, but not in the sense you just mentioned: I've always wished I had a little sister. Sometimes I don't like being the youngest.
And I sometimes don't like being the eldest <_<, but wished I was an only child. lol
Least I can say I am perhaps the only one in this household, whom has no criminal record on them *cough*cheapshot*cough*toothers*cough*inthefamily*cough*
And guess what we have to thank for that *eyerolls*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I wish i had a brother at times to have someone to play games with :/ mainly fighting games
Would need to be an older brothers, My little ponybrother despises fighting games and finds every reason possible to not play them with me :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well.. If i consider how i was before (like 10-14), i was a really saltly sore loser in fighting games. (always turned off the game if i would lose in smash)

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
The point still stands...Infact my brother has taken to stating '*****es be crazy' out loud whenever one of the girls in his class do anything stupid...It's earnt him his fair share of slaps and scratches XD
He is a true man for realizing this so early, obviously. I still have college classmates that think all girls are cute angels.

Also, I was one of those people that was usually better than those around me in most games, so I never got the chance to experience losing too often... never became cocky though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well.. If i consider how i was before (like 10-14), i was a really saltly sore loser in fighting games. (always turned off the game if i would lose in smash)
Fair enough, I always loves fighting games since i was like...4, when i got tekken 3. Looking back on it it was also the only time i did things with dad, paul vs. hwoarang, all day XD

He is a true man for realizing this so early, obviously. I still have college classmates that think all girls are cute angels.

Also, I was one of those people that was usually better than those around me in most games, so I never got the chance to experience losing too often... never became cocky though.
Maybe so, Doesn't mean it's the clever thing to do though. Particularly if he goes to school with my bosses daughter -__-
And i was used to being crap at all games, so when i found i was naturally less bad than anyone else around me at smash, i started playing it all the time XD

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Hey Ike boards, how do you force an approach against a marth and not get punished for it. I mean i force a marth, and he does the typical fair->uair then he jumps behind me and does dancing blade, pressuring my shield. If i hold it, he fthrows me and does his crazy frame trap stuff. If i try to do an OoS buffered turnaround jab or bair, i get hit by DB. What should i do? Anyway a new Ike tech.
Seems to make QD less useless though i use it as a killing move at 140% fully charged.
Also how do you guys deal with campy players especially Pit? How do you get past the arrows, running shield, jump or jab(it works well but is hard to time)?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol, we had that appear about 2 pages ago XD

As for your marth question, It's really difficult do do anything to make him approach. But you should wait in your shield if he does. jump out of it and retreating F-air or B-air if youre facing away

And powershield projectiles likes pits is probably the most reliable way of going about it, safest too. but if you're a long distance away, short hop airdodging could be jsut as easy to do

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Depends on the distance. Powershielding pits arrows is inconsistent. I'll just charge it and make you waste shield health so i can shield poke you. Rapid jab is bad cuz i can just aim at your feat.

So like i said. It all depends on where you are in comparison to the pit. Fair and fallilng nair are great at certain ranges. Spotdodge is better than shield. Jumping and mixing up double jumps and FF airdodges-->buffer shield works rather well at different ranges as well. What you want to do is get close enough to where he's scared to arrow and then keep the pressure on

@GP ya when i was young my dad played the original smash with me XD he was dk and i was link :D

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, Marth is pretty fun to fight against nowadays.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Hey Ike boards, how do you force an approach against a marth and not get punished for it. I mean i force a marth, and he does the typical fair->uair then he jumps behind me and does dancing blade, pressuring my shield. If i hold it, he fthrows me and does his crazy frame trap stuff. If i try to do an OoS buffered turnaround jab or bair, i get hit by DB. What should i do? Anyway a new Ike tech.
Seems to make QD less useless though i use it as a killing move at 140% fully charged.
Also how do you guys deal with campy players especially Pit? How do you get past the arrows, running shield, jump or jab(it works well but is hard to time)?
If a marth does a cross-up rising Fair you should be able to punish him with a Bair oos. In fact it's like he's aking for it.

Top Bottom