• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I said holy **** when I saw it, but I was more surprised that it did something like that than the actual scare.

I guess having to turn flashblock on the first panel might have made it less scary and clued me into something, haha.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm curious but I hate horror so much as its usually trying to scare you too hard.

EDIT: GOD DAMN! That's quite cute how they
added animation to the scary parts
. Was wondering how horror was supposed to work but
seeing her rush up all fours upside down was pretty scary

i'm with san, i'm was more
OH **** IT MOVES!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ok brett, i got gragas finally.. Things i need help with..

1. Early game - what item to start with and how to not run out of mana while farming
2. Order to buy items/upgrade skills

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ok brett, i got gragas finally.. Things i need help with..

1. Early game - what item to start with and how to not run out of mana while farming
2. Order to buy items/upgrade skills
Doran's ring. Drink drink drink.

Max barrel first, drunken rage second, but do get a point in body slam at lvl 3.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
No clue what grags is..

But I do actually go to naver occasionally but never knew there were already english translated things to read.

Been playing Mass Effect. There are some things I like (abilities, item collecting) and some I don't (mostly fighting generic enemies, copy-paste buildings for side-quests, terrible vehicle controls). I finished with all the sidequests I can do before moving to the 2nd main area (Noveria).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Playing type wild. After fixing a few hiccups which i came across (trying to use keyboard, SRK motion...halp) It's quite fun. Shame my favourite among the lot (gengar) is REALLY technical :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Gragas is a champion in league of legends. I mentioned before in the thread i was aimming to buy him, and just was asking brett some pointers as he also likes gragas.

My type wild main is Gardevoir

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
@San: I recognized the page those sent me, but only saw the second one.

@GP: SRK/DP is actually easier to do on a keyboard/hitbox. Press right, down, then down right. WHen you get used to it, it becomes such a fluid motion.

@Ussi: I know Solomid has some pretty good guides and stuff.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No clue what grags is..

But I do actually go to naver occasionally but never knew there were already english translated things to read.

Been playing Mass Effect. There are some things I like (abilities, item collecting) and some I don't (mostly fighting generic enemies, copy-paste buildings for side-quests, terrible vehicle controls). I finished with all the sidequests I can do before moving to the 2nd main area (Noveria).
It's a good series. 2 definitely improves over the first one, but takes out a lot of the RPG elements. With that being said, I never got to play 1, because I played 2 on the PS3 and got some bull**** comic book to explain to me the events of ME1.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@San: I recognized the page those sent me, but only saw the second one.

@GP: SRK/DP is actually easier to do on a keyboard/hitbox. Press right, down, then down right. WHen you get used to it, it becomes such a fluid motion.

@Ussi: I know Solomid has some pretty good guides and stuff.
I read a lot of them, but i like to get as much different opinions as i can.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
SRK motion is basically forward, down, forward on keyboard. Really easy to do when you get used to it.
Oh really? I've been doing forward down downforward. Which im finding real hard. because anything that doesnt involves jsut rolling my fingers across is damn well difficult.

Also, charge moved with walking backwards...ffuuuu

But yeah, gardevoir for me> keepaway and no charge moves. I would use swalot but grapple moves are *** in the beta version

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Well, that's the actual SRK motion, but forward->down->forward gets the job done. down-forward is definitely harder to do on a keyboard, but pressing forward immediately after down produces the same effect.

I usually think of SRK on keyboard as holding forward and then doing a DP motion.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Mages (Karthus, Gragas, Ahri, Brand, or those with good ability power): Start with Doran's ring if you feel like you need extra survivability against your lane or go boots + 3 hp pots with boots if you feel you need that extra movement speed to dodge your opponent's skill shots/you're afraid of early ganks. Never build a Mejais, build Rod of Ages if you can rush it. Standard items on all AP carries are Rabaddon's Deathcap, an Abyssal Sceptor (for Magic resist), Rylai's Crystal Sceptor, Zhonya's Hourglass, or maybe a Will of the Ancients (if you want Spell vamp). Oh, and Flash + Ignite is usually the standard combo for summoner spells. As for runes, they can vary depending on your hero's weaknesses/strengths.

Will be willing to give other tips for other roles or for a specific champion in general if you need help.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike boards LoL group:

Brett, jam, kimchi, and me. One more and we can be a legit ike board team. Though jam and I aren't level 30.. I just hit level 12 so i'm learning how to use flash now.

Still should be fun to try.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Ike boards LoL group:

Brett, jam, kimchi, and me. One more and we can be a legit ike board team. Though jam and I aren't level 30.. I just hit level 12 so i'm learning how to use flash now.

Still should be fun to try.
trying to get to 30 so I can do ranked matches
because my friends suck *** and such and play the game all day every day without me.
also, I can never pvp without at least 1 person I know joining me because 9 out of 10 times I get terrible teammates

idk about you guys, but I only pick my champs based on boob size:awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh thats her teddie bear silly, its make her even cuter.

and with Abdul now we can do a legit Ike board LoL normal game xD, how about we go for it on sunday? Yall just have to add my skype so we can have a voice chat while playin.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Jesus, I had forgotten you existed. How you been?
I'm like a ghost, don't know I am around until you hear that creepy laugh of mine XD queskypecallsfrombackintheGSday

Eh could be better, last week of driving an idiot on drug possession charges (again), seeing my old man will be back this Saturday for a weeks leave (he gets to deal with the sister now XD). Also yeah, never did go to Kansas because of this, seeing how I had to end up driving someone to rehab and work M-F <_<.

When the next ASL begins, i'll have an Ike and Marth ready more than ever.

@AllthisLoLtalk: meh, why do I have a feeling I should go ahead, abandon S4, and just jump on the Ike to LoL bandwagon. *eyerolls* Had an account made ages ago, just never touched it heh.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just did a game in LoL were we were Annie (me), Tristana, Poppy, croki, and fiddlesticks.

4 of us were basically chibis looooool..

Sen working to become the bess Ike like BS predicted?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@AllthisLoLtalk: meh, why do I have a feeling I should go ahead, abandon S4, and just jump on the Ike to LoL bandwagon. *eyerolls* Had an account made ages ago, just never touched it heh.
S4? As in S4 League? Because if so, NEVER ABANDON S4. I did it, and I've regretted it ever since.

@Ussi, I'm always right, no worries ;)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sigh...

Gentlemen. I present to you the champ that Ussi plays: Annie. It's no problem to play this champ because she's good. But keep in mind the last two posts.
god

****ing

dammit

Also, that makes me think of Bioshock for whatever reason. Probably the art style.
I knew for sure this would be the reaction as soon as i saw the artwork
And its probably a case of small vulnerable looking girl accompanied by a horrifying force of nature

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
S4? As in S4 League? Because if so, NEVER ABANDON S4. I did it, and I've regretted it ever since.

@Ussi, I'm always right, no worries ;)
Kinda hard to just abandon my plasma rifle anyways, show these scrubs how long distance shootin is done XD

Use of terrian: Check
Zoom and hold a charge: Check
Find the opportune moment for a headshot: Check
???
Get TS from behind <_<
Really though, TS and Dagger are like still frigging a pita to deal with

Sen working to become the bess Ike like BS predicted?
Aint no prediction, just doin the impossible........
inb4fightdapowa

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lux has breasts. You sometimes just miss them because they aren't 48 DDDD

[collapse=Only B cup in game?]
[/collapse]
Oh thats her teddie bear silly, its make her even cuter.

and with Abdul now we can do a legit Ike board LoL normal game xD, how about we go for it on sunday? Yall just have to add my skype so we can have a voice chat while playin.
Nope. You add me on Skype. teh_brettster. Gogogo.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
She actually does have a decently high skill cap. It may not seem like she does much, but if you want to get the most out of her game with power chord, it isn't really easy.

I mean I think she's harder than Soraka at least.

Top Bottom