• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When someone says "He got wrecked/destroyed/beaten," a person whose loved one died in a car crash would take offense or a husband/wife in an abusive relationship.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So a drunk girl just knocked on my door. She had lost her phone and asked to use mine...which she couldn't even use so I had to dial it for her.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So a drunk girl just knocked on my door. She had lost her phone and asked to use mine...which she couldn't even use so I had to dial it for her.
cool story bro...no seriously that sounds hilarious
Also, i made us a new ike. what do you think?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Honestly, I would close the door since I wouldn't want someone to steal my iphone like that.

cool story bro...no seriously that sounds hilarious
Also, i made us a new ike. what do you think?
The nose looks real

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
About Ike's spacing...is Nair the best way to put some distance between Ike and his opponent?
What are some jab cancel combos?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
IIRC, a well-spaced Nair keeps us out of some grab ranges. As for jab combos, best one is jab1 > jab1. You could also try for jab1 > utilt/grab,/bair(?). Dunno much after that.

By your name, are you a girl?

@GP: Snowman Ike doing Eruption... Snowmanception.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
About Ike's spacing...is Nair the best way to put some distance between Ike and his opponent?
What are some jab cancel combos?
Anything BUT nair (and jab) is good for putting distance between you and your opponent. Nair is good for setting up for combos and juggles

and jam, obv strawberrygoddess loves strawberry panties and just dedicated their name to the panty goddess.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
^^^^
Well I always have a load of trouble spacing against Marth. He is always in my face ...well I guess that's how hes supposed to be though...

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Aww..now I don't like my name:( srry I'm a sensitive person :\
@jamlosingthegame: thnx I'll try those out

I honestly was trying to say the most ridiculous thing i could thing about, and i just so happened to watch anime.. Anyone's name can get some crazy made up back story to it, just depends on your imagination.

Like jamlosingthegame has his name cause he lost the game cause he had no jam in his peanut butter sandwich and has forever been in spite since then.

Berserker swordsman likes yu-gi-oh but didn't want people to know, so he changed flamed swordsman to berserker swordsman.

Obvious both those scenerios are false

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
^^^^
Well I always have a load of trouble spacing against Marth. He is always in my face ...well I guess that's how hes supposed to be though...

A good marth will always keep a proper spacing, so that nothing but the tip of his sword, is all you will get. Also UAir juggles and off stage game is <3

If they are getting up in your face, shield and grab, then punish the weakling

Heartstring

Smash Legend
She wouldn't even make it a few feet from your door, before either
A) Blowing Chunks
B) Tripping over herself
C) Ends up running the wrong way, into yer residence

Take yer pick, but every single one still screams, take advantage *eyerolls*

how does option A scream 'take advantage'?!
good lord

Lets do it like we practiced! Lolicon triangle attack!
wtfamireading.jpg

Yeah, marth is a bit of a pain. if he's just sorta jumping at you and fair/nairing then do a retreating Fair for a free ~12%, or shield and grab if he's spacing badly

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When it comes to Marth vs Ike.. On ground, close up its Ike's zone, the outside jab range is Marths. In the air, close up is Marth's, and outside his aeril range is Ike's zone.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^^^^

Supposed to be? NAW. Marth is supposed to be RIDING YOUR ****.

But yah, Marth is a butt. If he plays defensively, there's hardly anything we can do. If he plays offensively, you just have to read his movement and smack him, which can be difficult at times.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Thank You

Also, you know how Link uses DownB and Zair to stop himself from hitting the death border? Does Ike have any method of stopping himself. I usually do a Bair, but I doubt that does anything...I just got into the mechanics of Brawl and Melee so that's why I'm so lame with this stuff :embarrass: Maybe someday I might be able to compete at a tournament without being put to shame xD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When sent to the side:

AD > jump
AD > QD

Only do that if you are gonna die otherwise.. cause it'll be hard to recover without a jump. Otherwise you just AD or aerial to get out of tumble.

If you getting sent up, then aerial + FF is the best choice.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Marth MU is a little weird to learn since you have to use some moves a lot more. There are also a few spots to position aether to screw up Marth's upB if you both happen to be offstage.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
I play online most of the time and find a lot of really good Links...any advice? And let's not forget the trolling son of a hedgehog Sonic

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
bthrow > dash attack > spike/hit him out of his recovery

and learn the timing to powershield because that'll help you in all MUs

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just to note, if you can't powershield, you won't get far against anyone with projectiles. So really, get the muscle memory down for PSing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Since you play wifi often, I would not be too concerned about power shielding, because the timing is so sensitive, it can throw off your timing depending on the connection or if you plan to eventually go offline.

Top Bottom