• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jam, Brett, and I were playing some LoL last night, was really funny. Brett and two of his friends were smurfing while jam and I are nubs so we were low levels as it is. We started off with a full AP carry team and were up against a Tryndamere that got fully farmed. He even had Sona support D: oh and there was a Shaco which was so annoying early-mid game.
we still won after an hour and 10 minutes with the camping our base for aces tactic

I think the silliest moment was top lane we took down the tower at 4:19 which was probably the dumbest thing we coulda done that game. We even destroyed the 2nd tower like.. at 10 minutes or something.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Brett, should just make it "G-P's ideas suck" cause his avi is no better.
Look at what the **** you did now ussi

Fine, ill change the damn avatar. i just liked the face that was being pulled :(

Changed, the next best thing i could find :B

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Look at what the **** you did now ussi

Fine, ill change the damn avatar. i just liked the face that was being pulled :(

Changed, the next best thing i could find :B
Lazy bum, you can always use some image editting site to erase the "Ew, gay" and replace it with whatever text you want.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lazy bum, you can always use some image editting site to erase the "Ew, gay" and replace it with whatever text you want.
yeah, but i couldnt think of anything better for the bubble
Plus, my new one is the same character, but on a segway

Oh yeah guys. I went to a mini-fest today, and i learnt one thing
Jab2 is still the most underrated thing in our arsenal. On its own, its got stupid range and i think its pretty much safe when spaced properly

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jab2 is just about as fast as jab1 with a lot more range. It just has less combo ability but that makes up for leading into jab3 anyways (and jab1 if close enough and buffered properly but unlikely when spaced).

Thing about jab 2 is that there are many variations to using it, since it comes after the first jab and there are some hit confirmations to keep track of.

Uses of Jab2:

-Punishes short hops
-trades/clanks with everything
-jab1/3 followups
-very good if well timed after hitting with jab1

Getting jab2 to come out:

Unless you hit someone, you have to time jab2 manually for it to come out faster, otherwise jab2 will come out a little later. If you don't jab cancel, you can get jab2 to come out pretty late in the animation of jab1.

Spacing with jab1 will let you know when jab2 is okay. Don't jab2 shields unless the tip of the kick would hit the shield. If you think the opponent will dash, jump, or if you can pressure shield/shieldpoke, it is okay to throw out.

Followups after jab1:

Jab1 has a lot more combo potential. Since jab1 combos into itself, you know you have much more time to choose when to throw out jab2.

Delayed jab2 after jab1 keeps them in your jab range longer. If you delay it a few frames after it really combos, you can take away an opponent's jump, which then makes them a punching bag.

If someone dodges your jab2 after you hit them with jab1, be cautious because both of you would essentially be in a neutral position at that point.

If jab1 misses:

Be on the lookout for whether you should jab1 again (spaced on shield or enemy far away), shield, dash away, or retreating aerial in addition to jab2. Jab2 is wise against opponents who like to dash, SH aerial, and jump out of shield preemptively.

If jab2 misses:

This is a little harder than the above. Jab2 has a little bit more lag. You can hold A to revert back to jab1 with a small combat walk. You can also perform any of the defensive options described above.

you're pretty slow G~P

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, i remember reading that and talking to sharkie about it at apex
I'm just reiterating that its really good is all

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh whatever, all im saying is that jab2 is really good

You guys, picking at my words so much, it feels like the ruleset thread XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Finally finished Umineko. Dread of the Grave is probably one of the coolest BGMs that I've heard in my life. Especially when it first come on. Then the different versions come on, until it reaches this version.
For those of you who read it, see what I did there with the text?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Reminds me, here's a thoughtful question. Have you guys tried to stop using "gay" when trying to state something stupid/dumb/horrible? Given the fact it offends gays a lot, I mean.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I've actually found that gay gamers use the term just as much as anyone else.

And whatever. I treat it the same way as "****." Sometimes you say it. And if people don't know what we mean when using the word, that's their problem.
Then people try arguing about the original meaning of the word. Original meaning of **** is "to take by force" and can be applied to anything. So shut up. Original meaning of gay is definitely nothing to do with homosexuality. So shut up.
Then they make the argument that the word has evolved to mean "nonconsensual sex" or "homosexual person," respectively, which is an argument that kills itself. Guess what. The word has also evolved to mean "domination" or "cheap/lame/un-fun tactic," respectively.

Get over a sequence of letters that don't even mean what you assert it does. It's childish.

Related link.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't care about either word being used.

I take more offense at "damn" being used out of correct context, and I don't blink an eye at that. >_>

Top Bottom