• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We have another SA Ike?

Great, now I have to actually drag myself to a tournament one of these days before I move back to Canada. >_> I don't earn enough money to go to many. ;_;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
We have another SA Ike?

Great, now I have to actually drag myself to a tournament one of these days before I move back to Canada. >_> I don't earn enough money to go to many. ;_;
You can spend as little as like $10 if you're trying to spend as little as possible.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
But we will soon realize how much you can make.

:phone:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't think a lot of people notice my Tyranitar anymore, been posting with him for so long and Nidoking before that.

Lmao, Falcon Punch. Definitely let me know if you ever get this finished and it needs testing, looks awesome. BTW haven't had much of a chance this week to continue your levels but I've got plenty of free time today so I'll continue. Just started MAP21 at my last save.

Oh and my brother and I got multiplayer to work fine, played through MAP01 to MAP08 no problems but then he had go.

:248:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

Of you liking Falcon Punch. I should've gone ahead and put that on my first set of levels; I will edit it again, because there were levels that looked bland coughmapcoughtwentycoughfourcough. I kind of surprised myself when I changed a few different textures here and there. You should idclev14 to see what I'm talking about. Or, you could just play it through with your bro when you get there.

For Mr. Doom 2, I just need to remake levels 15, 22, and 32. And then I need to design a map for level 20. The theme is castles and dungeons. (Oh yeah, need to change the Decorate script and add monsters accordingly.)

So you're on MAP21, now? Maze B. Good luck there. Stages are getting longer, so don't grow too weary when doing the final stretch. Also, I'm glad you got multiplayer to work fine.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, talking of perperior, i got one at the anime convention this weekend...along with a gengar ^.^

oh, i won a tournament this weekend too, it was full of casual players at the anime convention, all the actual brawlers had gone on the other day, so i was the only tournament attneding brawler there (bar one). still felt i should mention it XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, i tried out that game at the anime expo literally this morning XD
and my serperior?
its exactly like that XD, i would take a picture, but it would take too long right now, plus i look like im wearing eyeliner because the makeup hasnt come off around my eyes yet XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's a gambling flash game. Fun for 2 minutes and done, like QWOP.

Glad you had fun GP

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The overreaction of people looking at this on other sites makes me regret posting it, though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay, so i thought thats what i saw at the expo...no that was a serious horse racing thing for the ps3...what the hell japan

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Guys, I have a question for you about aether.

As we all know, when Ike starts aether, he can move in 2 instances, depending on if we hold forward or back.

The first is when we start aether. Ike displaces forward or backward at the beginning before the sword is thrown.

The second is when we grab the sword and start spinning, we have some control over our horizontal movement.

We all know we can use this to get a decent horizontal distance for our recovery.

But the thing is, can we use these two pieces of information to make aether hard to get out by utilizing these horizontal movement variances?

The first instance affects where the sword is thrown. It is thrown out farther if we hold forward, or more vertical when holding backwards. We can also slightly move while the opponent is caught in the spinning Ike+sword.

This would be useful to know for reverse aether and aether from offstage against an opponent onstage.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Well, like you showed me on PS1, we can also recover at the ledge's height on Frigate's first part, right? I remember getting caught under that ledge, but still being able to grab it. That way, you can do some Aether shenanigans like on BF. Not sure if this is new, but I rarely see people do it.

Gah, I feel really dumb for not bringing my Wii now ._.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, i havent seen the hitbox data for all instances of ikes aether so i cant say much on it, but if someone is trying to hit me out of aether i will time my holding forward/back in tune with their attemopt at hitting me

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Well, like you showed me on PS1, we can also recover at the ledge's height on Frigate's first part, right? I remember getting caught under that ledge, but still being able to grab it. That way, you can do some Aether shenanigans like on BF. Not sure if this is new, but I rarely see people do it.

Gah, I feel really dumb for not bringing my Wii now ._.
Yeah it's like that on the left edge of Frigate too. Makes it a lot easier. Other stages you need to reverse aether if you get stuck underneath.

We should play again soon =)

Top Bottom