• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i did have it set to a-stick for a while, but it was then i noticed that i actually press the cstick diagonally to do attack as thats how my hand fits it XD
so i nair'd every time i tried to do another aerial, was irritating to say the least XD
i jsut dash and then press a, the ampunt of time ive had someone come back and try to hit me right after the bthrow and then gets caught by my messed up ftilt is insane
perhaps a good mixup when theyre too high/low percent for the dash attack?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Did any of you see how people hate Ike ? man that ****ing irritates me it's like I want to Aether them off the planet....I just suggested that Ike would make a good character for Soul Calibur series than I got flamed like Mario when he fall in magma (SM 64) any obvious reason for the hate?

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
Did any of you see how people hate Ike ? man that ****ing irritates me it's like I want to Aether them off the planet....I just suggested that Ike would make a good character for Soul Calibur series than I got flamed like Mario when he fall in magma (SM 64) any obvious reason for the hate?
Jealousy that their character can't make snake think twice about efing with us.

(I love that codec)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
a lot of people in gaming communities dislike super smash bros. and from that, a lot of them view ike as 'the fanboy character' which is obviously not a good thing

sadly, i also agree with him being a bad choice for soul calibur, if someone was to be using for nintendo it would most certainly be mario or link (i think link would fit well into soul calibur, actually) and even if it was for fire emblem, marth is by far the most popular character from tha series of games

not to say i wouldnt enjoy the sight of ike in a proper fighter, im jsut giving my reasons as to why these guys dislike ike

links24

Smash Ace
In this world you've got to be strong
You've got to fight to keep your spirit alive
And you might feel like there is
nothing left to go for and fight for
But it's the fight that keeps us ready and on guard

Even I can feel feel the power
When I think of him
I see no fear, feel no pain

Forever he will be my hero
(Better believe he knows the way)
And not just only for tonight

And now that I'm not just a dreamer
(And I know I got what he's got)
And not just only for tonight

heh

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Guess you guys are right. Ike is for the perfect character it's like it was created just to satisfy my anguish for a character that represent a proper look at men (most of the popular male characters look damn gay and which is not true.) and Ike in RD have a similar shape to Guts (berserk character) best character ever made.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If I'm not mistaken, those lyrics go to the theme of Captain Falcon from F-Zero GX.

Nysyarc, any word from Raziek about Brainshock Beta?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Guess you guys are right. Ike is for the perfect character it's like it was created just to satisfy my anguish for a character that represent a proper look at men (most of the popular male characters look damn gay and which is not true.) and Ike in RD have a similar shape to Guts (berserk character) best character ever made.
errr...what? christ its like i typed that XD

but i got one bit of it, i hate to admit it, but as far as manly goes, the cake goes to ganon or snake

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You don't need to set C stick to attack it can be on smash.
Not to input a Jab with it. You'll always get a Dsmash if you mess up buffering it with C-down on Smash stick. Input a diagonal direction on Attack stick and it has the same effect except if you screw up you Jab. Way less dangerous.

Edit: Also, San almost timed me out in an Ike ditto on BF a while ago. Timer got to 34 seconds and I was at 280%. Then he SD'd
Mr. Doom you know what to do

:248:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hey it was hard to time out 1 stock with 6 minutes left. I was bored, lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Edit: Also, San almost timed me out in an Ike ditto on BF a while ago. Timer got to 34 seconds and I was at 280%. Then he SD'd
Mr. Doom you know what to do

It's about time.

BTW, I'm going to upload to YouTube my way of doing MAP 08 on my modded doom levels. I'm pretty sure everyone who plays them will die at least five times before they complete that level.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The bair thing is somewhat situational. I recommend you do it if you hogged the edge too early or something or some other type of mixup. It's pretty easy to do. You don't have to immediately bair, as long as the Ike misses the initial hit of aether, bair him while rising.

You need to finish the fsmash Nys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdkJHXCOBRs&t=1m28s

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jeez guys, catch up on old news. Set C-stick to Attack and flick it in a diagonal direction instead of down to input the DA. If you mess up all you get is a Jab, but like San said it's pretty easy to get consistent at it so you don't mess up at all.

This is much easier said than done for me. If I can implement this, I should also have no trouble using diagonal on C-stick to Nair appropriately. I've been using Ike in 90-95% of my matches, and the practice is really helping. Just need to find a way to practice it since whenever I try, I normally get an Fair or Bair, depending on what direction I use.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I am assuming this. I saw/listened to the Youmu one before this even became popular. And I mean the whole thing.
Likewise, however being faithful to the waifu meant having the 1 hour version on insta replay for almost a whole day XD
Soon after, sleeping pills with advil mixed were used to get rid of a killer headache from it.... Now I know what a guy feels when he hears his woman nag all day XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
No clue what you guys are talking about. Probably little girls, whatever.

Met and played with Berserker Swordsman today. Fun matches overall. Avoided Ike dittos but we did play a few.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
To update people on the bthrow CG, I conclude that it's viable against actual opponents. I pulled it off against nearly everyone I played offline in friendlies, without really messing up, too.

Top Bottom