• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
And don't forget the counters every so often if you think they will spin dash right into you, which they will at times
i'd probably still nair it, or bair on reaction. but make sure to note what spin dash they do, as side-b can be cancelled by shield jsut after they release b, and aerial down-b spindash cancels by shield as soon as they touch the ground, both of these are used to get a grab and u-throw you, for 13%, its like sonics main form of damage

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Noooo...don't use counter against Sonic.

Jab, Nair, Bair, Grab, Dash Attack. Fair for hitting him while he's recovering.

That about sums it up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He can stop charging a spin charge and shield the charge of a spin dash unless its fully charged. QD can handle one in motion.. but other than that it's a stupid idea. Better off using jab

oh and its fun hitting Sonic with eruption/Sour dair killing him off the top if he tries the 08 combo xD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
when sonic starts spindashing, run to the other side of the stage to get some distance. It's easy to jab, grab, or pivot grab sonic's spindash. Remember that jabbing spindash basically puts you both at a neutral state.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yeah i usually try and pivot grab it because it works, i wouldn't recommend shield grab since he will either hit you or jump up and get away. Jab, either get your timing right to jab sonic before he hits you to cancel it or hold it down and hope sonics timing is bad XD. I just try and do something that is semi safe :p haha not really much you can do if he is just holding it.. especially on picto/yoshi's

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Jab still cancels the high priority spindash on picto/yoshis and it's really easy to do.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It is not easy to grab. Pivot grab if anything. QD negates it without all the ending lag, which is nice, but for some reason, I almost never do it.

Jabbing works. Bair works too. If you're inconfident about hitting it at that moment, air dodge past him.

Picto and YI? They can get invincibility by using side B on the edge. It's not a threat to Ike. We can still jab him and stop him in his tracks. I bet QD still works too.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
some characters like DK and Sonic gets some invincible (or rather, high priority) B moves from the edges of YI, Picto, and the ship on Rainbow Cruise. Ike can jab them to cancel them out. Not much of a big deal for us.

@Brett: It's easy to grab if you run to the opposite side of the stage. Sometimes, sonics will think you'll jab, and try to shield it too.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
lol Sonic. I remember back at '08, my school held a Brawl tourney. There was a Sonic player I was up against, and when I chose Ike everyone was like: "No! He beat like 5 other Ikes before." I went: "Meh, I just want to have fun." I ended up surprising the whole room at the end with a win.

This discussion just screams to me that I need MU experience some time in my life. >_>

@Sen: I noticed your location and lol'd. My friend told me that he read some guy calculating her sword swing speed and it ended up being some ridiculous speed. Forgot what. Her spell cards are also very interesting with the whole slowing down thing. I need to go an finally beat one of those games on Normal.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Finished Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Game isn't all that great. I pressed square the whole way through the game. Don't need to upgrade, stages are repetitive and linear, and the story is fail. Only good thing about the game was they used the VA's from the past Spiderman cartoons.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i'm assuming the 08 combo is u-throw to up-b to u-air?
another small note is that if you grab a sonic doing his up-b you get the same effect asa cypher grab, but of course its much harder to do as sonic has invincibility frames on some of his up-b, but its a certain stock as he hasnt got c4 to blow himself up like snake does.
although any self respecting sonic main shouldnt ever fall victim to that XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i'm assuming the 08 combo is u-throw to up-b to u-air?
another small note is that if you grab a sonic doing his up-b you get the same effect asa cypher grab, but of course its much harder to do as sonic has invincibility frames on some of his up-b, but its a certain stock as he hasnt got c4 to blow himself up like snake does.
although any self respecting sonic main shouldnt ever fall victim to that XD

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
One thing I hate about Sonic is his powerful grab. <_<

So, I have to time N-air, B-air, Jab and pivot grab against his Spin Dash, right? If Jab cancels his Spin Dash, can you follow up with another Jab? Also, some counterpick options against him? I heard Sonic doesn't do really bad on any stage.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Hey Nysyarc, i forgot to tell you that your teamwork with Croi earlier was really nice, i could notice u guys team more often. Just, don't Fsmash him if he doesn't have port priority xD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yep, don't get the reference Ussi. And yeah, don't really watch TV much, either.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
lmao @ thread title

I don't feel like turning the bi-weekly thread into a social thread² so I'm gonna ask here, who are you secondaries? I know for a few of you, jigglypuff for san and pika for ussi, as for the rest..? '-'
And do you use them in tournaments, or is it just another character you're confortable with and use in friendlies?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Snake/Marth...but I don't use them in tournies cause one...I suck with them, and they are only used for what I call, "reading" practice.

Edit: Just finished playin this wifi Ike from AiB...holy crap he was so easy to read. At one point, I strung 7 grabs together just from reading a shield or roll rofl.

On Japes, I was standing on the edge platform and I aethered him 3 times back to back, cause he kept jumping back into it lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I use DK a lot in friendlies, and Ganondorf. Ganon mainly for the reason Bored brought up, reading practice. If you play as Ganondorf you're forced to make good reads or you don't stand much chance of winning at all. DK just for fun, because I love his sideB and Bair.

But yah I go all Ike in tourney, other characters are just for fun.

Edit: Just finished playin this wifi Ike from AiB...holy crap he was so easy to read. At one point, I strung 7 grabs together just from reading a shield or roll rofl.

On Japes, I was standing on the edge platform and I aethered him 3 times back to back, cause he kept jumping back into it lol.
I played a guy last weekend who refused to do anything but a roll from the ledge. I played about 10 matches against him and got him with 3 or 4 Fsmashes on average each match just because he kept rolling back every time he grabbed the ledge. One match I stood there, grabbed him after the roll, and did an Fthrow to get him back off-stage 5 times in a row before he finally thought to jump instead.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my other main is r.o.b, seeing as i use them both equally. and im too crap to improve with either XD
other than that, i use kirby and ganondorf as funsies

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i'm trying to figure out who should be a second
I wish it could be marth but i'm not too great with him, i ruled out snake because although my snake isn't terrible i just don't like being that ghey and campy all the time(so i play him for funsies, i've been practicing toon link a bit and i like him but i'm not too good with some of the things i need to incorporate to be good(QD). my falco is decent but i can't BDacus out of downthrow or laser very well yet
my diddy is good but i can't dribble very well. but its the cloest to a second I have

Top Bottom