• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i'm trying to figure out who should be a second
I wish it could be marth but i'm not too great with him, i ruled out snake because although my snake isn't terrible i just don't like being that ghey and campy all the time(so i play him for funsies, i've been practicing toon link a bit and i like him but i'm not too good with some of the things i need to incorporate to be good(QD). my falco is decent but i can't BDacus out of downthrow or laser very well yet
my diddy is good but i can't dribble very well. but its the cloest to a second I have
:metaknight:

Nuff said.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Tekken is ******** boring.

Walk around, bait bad spacing, walk around, wait for something to happen, walk around, hope anything happens before midnigSOMEONE GOT HIT OH **** THEY GON GET JUGGLED FOR 3/4 HEAlth and then they hit a wall so the juggle combo stopped.
Reset.
Walk around.................

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
The damage output in Tekken is ****ing bull. >_>
Gets even worse when they're in the red health.
rage system is the gheyest idea ever
i can't take tekken6 seriously, walls = death
juggles are stupid
combos are really really really really simple
bob is good **** though

that reminds me, anyone here play naruto ninja storm 2? i want to know if lars is bad in that game lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's all good. Happy he posts here every once in a while. I haven't even been to a tournament in months lol.

thelegend5306

Smash Cadet
I got nino to 20/20 in my game and she maxed every stat but defense and HP (She still had like 16 defense and 53 HP though). She is godly if you take the time to level her up.

Also, Ike solos in radiant dawn are fun. :p

EDIT: Oops... I am fail for not realizing that I was looking at a conversation a few pages back... Oh well.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Just got back from my tourney that M2K was going to....until he decided to go to KTAR instead =( So no Ike ditto MM. I did get 4th in singles and 3rd in Mid Tier singles though =D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got in second place at a tourney in singles and first in doubles son!!!
2nd out of how many?

Also, to the post above (fail multiquote) I've said repeated Nino has excellent 20/20 stats, just horrible availability/join time.

also, Ike solo in Radiant Dawn is impossible for half the game he's not available for.

thelegend5306

Smash Cadet
So Legend, you gonna introduce yourself? Seems you're from Texas. What part?
Houston area. Uhh... What else? I'm currently in college studying Mechanical Engineering (Though sometimes I wonder why I do...) and I love playing basketball. That's about all I can think of at the moment... Oh yeah, Ike is awesome! :)

Though I would totally main Issac/Felix from Golden Sun if they ever get in one of these games. (Having Issac as an assist trophy is not good enough :mad:)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
that's pretty good Ryo, I want to see the thread of the results now to see your bracket to see who you beat and lost too.

Also I understand Brett's point cause Ryo just posts "hey guys I did an awesome job at a tourney" and then never posts again. While it looks well.. arrogant, but I figured Ryo has his own interests instead of posting on the internet daily or even often for the matter.

At least he lets us know he's doing well at tourneys, chalk up more points for Ike >:D

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I also just got 2nd at a tourney in singles yesterday... out of 8 people, lmao. But it was basically just 8 of the top players here. There were actually more than 16 people at the bi-weekly but half of them decided to play BlazBlue the whole time.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
"Ew" generally represents an expression of disgust and/or outright contempt/loathing.

Seriously though, I personally dislike BlazBlue because I like Smash, and they're very different. I don't like the concept of fighting every single match on the same flat, featureless stage and having one "life" with an amount of hit points or whatever. Just not my style of fighting game.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i understand that
i differentiate 2D and 3D fighters as far as what i want form them
I like smash more than any other 3D fighter because its not only about who gets a chance to combo and then win or who can throw the other person off the stage better. it requires a lot of skill and thought to figure out how to take a stock from your opponent and you have many ways to do it with each character.

I like 2D fighters to be very fast paced and provide a lot of options when it comes to how to counter a person's attack or how to attack your oppenent. games like mvc2 where you have to be very skilled in order to play well and also have to vary your ways of approaching your opponent. If the game weren't so broken I'd love it the most out of 2D fighters, but I love guilty gear the most and i'm still somewhat saddened by the fact that there won't be another one
I've always wanted to get into the melty blood and arcana heart series but I just never got around to it and I don't really know of anyone who would be willing to play with me and actually learn how to play those games. I heard importing arcana heart 3 is like 90 bucks right now
I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on 1 game

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I love Blazblue its a very fun game. The characters are so different from eachother. yea they are pretty much an exact replica from their Guilty Gear counter parts but it's a fun game with an amazing story line. I love both Smash and Blazblue.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
speaking of different games, ive bene playing tekke n6 non-stop recently. in fact i havent played smash for a good week now. but ive been progressing at a (relatively) insane speed in tekken. so if i fail miserably and start trying to perform 10hit combo's, youll know XD

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
speaking of different games, ive bene playing tekke n6 non-stop recently. in fact i havent played smash for a good week now. but ive been progressing at a (relatively) insane speed in tekken. so if i fail miserably and start trying to perform 10hit combo's, youll know XD
i never tried to memorize how to do those mainly because most of them aren't too great to use in real matches.
also, i've never played a tekken game that actually shows you how to start kazuya and heihachi's 10hit combos with anything besides two arrows pointing forward
i never learned the proper way to do whatever sort of dash is needed to start it

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I enjoy playing blazblue casually, I like the manga looks. But the only other fighting game I'm decent at is SoulCalibur 2, after which they split Nightmare into a new nightmare and Sigfried and I lost my main...

Yeah I like guys with big swords. I'm not compensating e_e

And on another note, could someone please critique some of my vids? The only feedback I've had is Ussi who chukled at a run-off Uair °v°

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I really like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but it's hard to find people who play it around my state. Lately I've been playing Naruto UNS2, which kind of reminds me of brawl in that it's an nontraditional fighter, having a lot of fun with it so far.

And on another note, could someone please critique some of my vids? The only feedback I've had is Ussi who chukled at a run-off Uair °v°
I can if you want Blub, idk how much help I'd be though...

Brother_Yokum

Smash Rookie
I'm really looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat. I got started on fighters again with UMK3 for xbox live arcade, seems like theyre going back to the roots of the game, I never really liked the sidestepping 3D fighters. MvC3 looks like lots of fun as well :o

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've got a critique started and saved as a text file for both the last posts in there, just never got around to finishing them. Will do that today.

Top Bottom