• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Me and Ussi were playing once with no shield buttons. You think that could help a bit?
That's funny, me and one of my friend had the exact same problem and came up with a similar idea, we had to watch each other and tell if/how many times we spotdodged.
It worked at first, but my habit came back after i took a short break from brawl :/

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
What are you guys' opinion on baiting? What do you do to bait? Just curious.. I find Bair baiting works. Not just short hop lagless bairs but fast fallen ones..... like this >>>> RIGHT HERE XD<<<< I have done this with succession on and offline quite a few times..

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Had to shovel my driveway/sidewalk this morning, even though it will be that high in about another hour.

Speaking of peach since there was one in Slaps' video, can she do much against reverse aether offstage?

@slaps

pretty much everything except uair/dair. Nair from below or FH fair offstage I like.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
well that would depend on if she had a turnip. Chances are she won't since you have her off stage but still chance she might.. if she has one she can throw it of course. But if she doesn't i think her only option is either to float stall, float over you, or try landing an attack which would be difficult.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As far as baiting goes...I like to dish out a lot of moves that upon first look may seem "Why did you do that?" to "Oh, I see". Basically, I may toss in a well spaced up-smash or while my opponent is getting back on stage "mistime" it, and then jab right away.

B-air, F-air are also good baiting moves. I've also tossed out a few random short hop up-airs before as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the farthest i ever geto to baiting is when i want the kill, either by baiting an airdoge onstage by charging an up-smash (ive get to get the timing don perfectly though, i either miss through the air dodge or get power shielded) or jumping, waiting a second and then up-airing.
i also like to observe how a person recovers in certain situations when youre running towards them. for example my closest smasher mains ice climbers, and when i get near him recovering (when he is above the ledge) he will instantly try and land on a platform or try and go over my head with squall hammer, so recently ive been running towards him when recovering and short hop up-airing and knocking him out of squall. feels good whenever i make the right prediction XD it happens rarely

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I really only asked because it would be difficult for peach to air dodge at least.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
As far as baiting goes...I like to dish out a lot of moves that upon first look may seem "Why did you do that?" to "Oh, I see". Basically, I may toss in a well spaced up-smash or while my opponent is getting back on stage "mistime" it, and then jab right away.

B-air, F-air are also good baiting moves. I've also tossed out a few random short hop up-airs before as well.
this is basically what I do as well
but it's given me the bad habit of randomly charging smashes and expecting people to get hit trying to punish me while charging
an MK main was giving me advice and said "I'm not dumb enough to run into a fully charged smash"
Inb4globalwarming
:awesome:
this guy :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I've always heard some people say global warming doesn't exist, but never bothered looking up proof or evidence on their side. So, I'll ask Niddo since he knows all...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We had this argument in this topic before. O_o (either that, or the previous social Ike board topic...) Couldn't you search the topics for them? Basically, the media stop reporting about global warming, because the temperatures started going down again.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Some places get hotter, some get warmer, some just go all over the place. Pretty sure that part's natural.

But I do think being eco-friendly is in humankind's best interests. Or should be.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Feels like it takes longer for Texas to get cold every year. With that being said, it's cold now lol.

In Pakistan, 70 degrees is considered "cold". People wearing beanies and jackets rofl.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Feels like it takes longer for Texas to get cold every year. With that being said, it's cold now lol.

In Pakistan, 70 degrees is considered "cold". People wearing beanies and jackets rofl.
and 70 farenheit is about...how much in centigrade? im actualyl not sure how the conversion works, i think that makes it like 13 centigrade

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
30 something degrees at night and into the early morning past noon here in GA is one of those things you would expect to find in NY. Not Someplace that is muggy as hell. Last time I remember it being this cold was when I actually went to school on a bus

E: Actually I stand corrected, -9C as of right now.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
A few years ago we hit -40 Celsius with the wind chill here in NS. It was like that for three days straight, you could fill a glass with warm water, pour it outside and it would be frozen by the time it hit the ground, making a pretty cool ice stalagmite.

On the fourth day there was no wind and the guy on the radio station I listen to said it was a "balmy -10 degrees out there". People were out walking their dogs in T-shirts, no joke.

Golden-psyco said:
wtf is going on in america, some kind or ******** nuclear fallout?
Global Warming.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
A few years ago we hit -40 Celsius with the wind chill here in NS. It was like that for three days straight, you could fill a glass with warm water, pour it outside and it would be frozen by the time it hit the ground, making a pretty cool ice stalagmite.

On the fourth day there was no wind and the guy on the radio station I listen to said it was a "balmy -10 degrees out there". People were out walking their dogs in T-shirts, no joke.

Global Warming.

umm, wow? im pretty sure its the cooling thats happening right now, not the warming XD i find it funny that ecologists change the meaning of global warming as soon as its start getting chilly

:082:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
christ, britain once again holds its rep as the most boring place in the world weather-wise. i think the lowest we got was -3

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
umm, wow? im pretty sure its the cooling thats happening right now, not the warming XD i find it funny that ecologists change the meaning of global warming as soon as its start getting chilly

:082:
Well, the warming aspect of Global Warming just applies to the surface of the Earth on average as a whole. The result of this is more extreme temperatures in both directions and more extreme weather conditions worldwide.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, the warming aspect of Global Warming just applies to the surface of the Earth on average as a whole. The result of this is more extreme temperatures in both directions and more extreme weather conditions worldwide.

yeah, but about 20 years ago the original statement was basically gases from fuel and stuff make the tempterature warmer over the world (obviously im lamens terms) but yknow.
i bike to college, i do my bit XD

:091:
i think im going to end up copying this whole pokemon at the end thing

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Is anyone confident in the Sonic MU? I know next to nothing of how to deal with him. A decent Sonic could 3-stock me faster than you could say "You're too slow". I would appreciate the help.

Top Bottom