• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Eliwood is 50/50 good or bad. Depends on his early level stat gains. 2 levels of RNG screwing in the beginning and he's useless in HHM

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I lol'd. I never went for assassins because they come from thieves and my Matthew sucks cause of weak Str and I also only use thieves exclusively for FOW and chests. With my thinking, I wouldn't bring Matthew to that chapter.

I barely got to playing HHM, so I have little experience with it. All I remember is hearing it was very difficult.

Speaking of S runs, I raged when I finished Lyn's story, but had tactics at 4 stars.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I lol'd. I never went for assassins because they come from thieves and my Matthew sucks cause of weak Str and I also only use thieves exclusively for FOW and chests. With my thinking, I wouldn't bring Matthew to that chapter.

I barely got to playing HHM, so I have little experience with it. All I remember is hearing it was very difficult.

Speaking of S runs, I raged when I finished Lyn's story, but had tactics at 4 stars.
lol i don't use matthew, but since i got fell contract i want to level him up
becaus jaffar is great with killing edge

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Really wish they would make a new FE game instead of remakes(unless it was FE4). :[
So I'm stuck playing FE hacks created by fans. Tactics Universe is probably the best one imo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive only actually played shadow dragon...
wolf is broke, for reals.
also change barst to a knight/general, his stat raises arent all that good, but his base stats are insane
really, 16 defense for a level 4 knight, and pretty high strength too

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Generally, Legault ends up being the best assassin for me. And I've beaten this game over 30 times. No joke. My most used characters are Sain, Pent, Guy, Raven, and Rath.

But back to thieves, keep two of them trained. One for assassin and one to stay as a thief. If you don't plan on using Jaffar, promote either Matthew or Legault (Whoever has better stats) and keep the other as a 20 thief. Then you can steal to your hearts content heh.

Although, I'm making a hack of FE7 where I'm editing growths and such to make it more balanced. Pre-premotes are no longer going to be screwed and there are no more "He disappeared" endings. That was just too cliche. Also I put in a couple pieces of story.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
anyone here play radiant dawn for the wii?
i have it and played the first 2 or 3 chapters
I haven't done much with it since then
I do. I've beaten it three times so far. The game gets a ton better later, so I'd suggest continuing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive got it, however ive done my usual thing of playing it for 3 or 4 days, then going back to brawl XD
just gotten to the bit where they attempt to ambush you and all the laguz peoples help you, not sure what happens after that...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Really wish they would make a new FE game instead of remakes(unless it was FE4). :[
So I'm stuck playing FE hacks created by fans. Tactics Universe is probably the best one imo.
Reminds me of a fanmade Chrono game I saw. I think it was called "Chrono Alter". Hm...now I might wanna go play it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Did I see somebody suggest arena abuse, AKA the way to sap all of the fun and challenge out of FE? It's so easy to arena abuse safely it's not even funny: just don't accept any bets higher than 750 and you'll win like 90% of the time. It's stupid.

Why did I see somebody say Rath was one of their most used units? He's the only character who promotes and loses con. He's also too overleveled in Lyn's story, but too underleveled in the other stories. >_<

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
The hardest part of Radiant Dawn is the first arc. (there are 4 arcs)

Wait till you play it on hard mode lololol
Yup, the first two chapters are really hard as poop on hard mode. Dawn Brigade sucks :/

p.s. secret shops for Nino, not to mention female sages look cool in FE7 so why wouldn't you use her

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Did I see somebody suggest arena abuse, AKA the way to sap all of the fun and challenge out of FE? It's so easy to arena abuse safely it's not even funny: just don't accept any bets higher than 750 and you'll win like 90% of the time. It's stupid.

Why did I see somebody say Rath was one of their most used units? He's the only character who promotes and loses con. He's also too overleveled in Lyn's story, but too underleveled in the other stories. >_<
Fanboyism causes people to use characters that aren't as good. Its why we use Ike in brawl. He likes Rath and that's all the reason he needs.

Yup, the first two chapters are really hard as poop on hard mode. Dawn Brigade sucks :/

p.s. secret shops for Nino, not to mention female sages look cool in FE7 so why wouldn't you use her
We just said why we wouldn't use her, too much babying. So what if she gets a 30 magic stat, if you want a overpowered magic user, you use Uncle Canas, who you get SOONER and not underlevel'd and gets freakin Luna.

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Fanboyism causes people to use characters that aren't as good. Its why we use Ike in brawl. He likes Rath and that's all the reason he needs.

We just said why we wouldn't use her, too much babying. So what if she gets a 30 magic stat, if you want a overpowered magic user, you use Uncle Canas, who you get SOONER and not underlevel'd and gets freakin Luna.
I was being somewhat sarcastic about using Nino in my last two posts :9. Luna can kill the final boss in two hits, yay!

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Athos + Luna + Filla's Might = gg Dragon.

I only used Nino in one run to see how she would stack up compared to Erk in my other run. Passed him by a bit. I also used Rath once cause I wanted Lyn/Rath A support so I just used him as well. Put those two together with A supports and high Spd and watch all the misses.

And yeah, RD definitely gets better later. Dawn Brigade is meh. I wish you could have more time with them. Sothe is pretty good if you fed him Bonus EXP from PoR and then transferred data. And Ike is practically god once he becomes a Vanguard. BK fight becomes too easy compared to how it was in PoR. Never got far on Hard mode in my FE games, so I don't know if the BK fight is just as easy.

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Athos + Luna + Filla's Might = gg Dragon.

I only used Nino in one run to see how she would stack up compared to Erk in my other run. Passed him by a bit. I also used Rath once cause I wanted Lyn/Rath A support so I just used him as well. Put those two together with A supports and high Spd and watch all the misses.

And yeah, RD definitely gets better later. Dawn Brigade is meh. I wish you could have more time with them. Sothe is pretty good if you fed him Bonus EXP from PoR and then transferred data. And Ike is practically god once he becomes a Vanguard. BK fight becomes too easy compared to how it was in PoR. Never got far on Hard mode in my FE games, so I don't know if the BK fight is just as easy.
I don't think BK's stats change in Hard mode, so Ike can still 2x him, and he is even easier if you give Ike hammer. I think Ashera is a bit more difficult only because she has more of those spirit things and I believe she attacks every turn with that all stage magic or whatever

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Because Rath is the only horse user with a bow and if you actually level him up, he becomes one of the best units in the game, outclassing all the snipers.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
his horse penalties are so leniant too.

Rath is underlevel when he joins though. Even with the energy ring from Lyn's run he has trouble getting started. Which is his only problem.

All this FE7 talk makes me want to do another run. Man yhat game is so fun.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Because Rath is the only horse user with a bow and if you actually level him up, he becomes one of the best units in the game, outclassing all the snipers.
Nope, he's low tier. Rebecca is higher than him, and I think Wil might be as well. Can't remember for sure.

He sucks, bows aren't really worthwhile in this game anyways. Too low of level, crappy main weapon, less than stelar promotion class, and meh growths...just not worth it.

EDIT: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/57731820 I'll check serenes forest to see if it's different there. But look at low tier. Why hello there all bow users nicely together!

EDIT2: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19563 Looks the same to me, with one or two minor changes.

As a last note: I don't fully agree with this list at all. I think Matthew and Marcus are both way too high. But each to their own.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All bows have problems because they need a meat shield to protect them. Reb and Wil are mpre useful on the lower levels when you can use everyone. You get Rath for one level you recruit him, then never use him again usually.

Edit: that was assuming S ranked run. Unranked run Rath >> Reb > Wil, Rath is middle in unranked.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Nope, he's low tier. Rebecca is higher than him, and I think Wil might be as well. Can't remember for sure.

He sucks, bows aren't really worthwhile in this game anyways. Too low of level, crappy main weapon, less than stelar promotion class, and meh growths...just not worth it.

EDIT: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/57731820 I'll check serenes forest to see if it's different there. But look at low tier. Why hello there all bow users nicely together!

EDIT2: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19563 Looks the same to me, with one or two minor changes.

As a last note: I don't fully agree with this list at all. I think Matthew and Marcus are both way too high. But each to their own.
>_< Don't talk about tiers and spout stuff when you don't fully agree with the list. May I remind you that Rath can also use a sword whereas the snipers can not. So he's not just a bow user.

According to Serenes' average stats, Rath's HP is usually in the 50s and he maxes strength and almost speed. He has balanced defense and resistance and good skill. Rath also has a 30 speed cap. Which means he can double just about anything if you can get it. Rath loses con from Lyn to Eliwood/Hector but he gets it back on promotion with 8 con. The only 30 speed person with higher con is Legault.

If you're smart, you use Rath to kill bosses early in Lyn mode so he does get some levels since you get him last out of the Lyn characters. He can still fight as is on Kingship's bond. You can also use the arena to get Rath up on either one of the Four Fanged Offense maps.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
They don't consider Lyn's mode for the tier list. There goes that argument.

And I don't fully agree with the Brawl tier list, I still use it.

There is no reason to feed Rath kills when he comes instead of the other characters that are already there. Nearly all of them will end up much more useful, and more useful sooner. He's basically a worthless unit.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
They don't consider Lyn's mode for the tier list. There goes that argument.

And I don't fully agree with the Brawl tier list, I still use it.

There is no reason to feed Rath kills when he comes instead of the other characters that are already there. Nearly all of them will end up much more useful, and more useful sooner. He's basically a worthless unit.
The reason to feed him kills is because everyone else has time to train if you're using everyone. You have two arena opportunities before him and have plenty of chapters. My argument is that if you level him up, he is a great unit. Your argument is more solely based on the fact that you shouldn't level him up which doesn't answer my argument. The difference between him and Nino is 4/5 chapters and an arena opportunity.

He's just another option if you don't feel like using convenient people. And I think he's a dang good option.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rath is a good unit just average stat wise. Availiblity is what kills him.

I wish pegasus knights were a bit stronger.. Flying is too good to not use :/

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Wait so what are we talking about? A HHM S run? Or just playing the game and getting through it? Cause I was totally talking about just playing regularly, not caring about a HHM S run (or any S run for that matter) and Niddo brings up tier lists which show how good a character is based on how well they can perform on a HHM S run.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You don't arena abuse for tier lists either. That kills your S ranking run.

Why feed him kills when you can make units who are actually worthwhile that much closer to maxing out their levels, and thus making the following levels easier? Particularly when those units will end up with better stats anyways.

EDIT: How well they do in an S-rank run largely reflects how they do in normal runs. Not exactly, but a good idea.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol at Fire Emblem. I seriously think I'm the only Ike main here who doesn't give a damn about that series.

Finally beat Demon's Souls...ending was a piece of ****, but good game. Onto Red Dead and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Lol at Fire Emblem. I seriously think I'm the only Ike main here who doesn't give a damn about that series.

Finally beat Demon's Souls...ending was a piece of ****, but good game. Onto Red Dead and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.
tell me if spiderman is good
i've been thinking about getting it but haven't really heard of it as being anything really impressive

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Red Dead is fun. No point in building bad reputation in that game. Just saying it now in case you ever take time to decide in games like that.

Luby's.
Non-Texans should be mad that they don't have it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Niddo Matthew basically doubles your funds. Because he's the only thief in 19x. He makes 5 star funds feasible while trying to do everything else.

The Arena will only kill tactics when overused. However it boosts funds if you use it on the side while finishing the chapter.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nah Ussi, if you look at how much breathing room you have for those chapters, you can't really afford to waste a single turn in the arena. So while one or two units can hit the arena during say, the last few turns if they can't get at the boss, it won't be anything big.

And I know Matthew can do all of that. I think he's a few spots too high, not like he should be mid tier or anything like that. It is possible to 5 star funds without him, just a lot harder. And the other thief has more speed IIRC if you are using neither of them for combat. I think Nils/Ninian help more overall in the long run.

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike

What ending did you get?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The Good. I read up on the bad ending and figured out what benefit you get from each when you start NG+. Though I won't be playing that. Nevertheless, I logged 30 hours, so I'll probably be buying it anyways since it's 15 bucks and putting it in my collection.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Gaiz gaiz I had to opportunity to play with zudenka (dunno if you've heard of him) and I should get some replays on youtube, along with some from a MM I lost against a DDD.

I think I'll ask a critique (yet again :D) for the ddd ones '-'

Top Bottom