• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I go to bed after 1am on weekends, 12 to 1 on weekdays during semester.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
man i love sleep.. dreamland is a nice place to visit too... my body just goes into sleep mode whenever I get bored too

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i go to sleep about 11 pretty much every night, cause im boring like that, although more recentl ive been going to bed at about 9, just because im feeling ill
damn swine flu

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
I go to bed after 1am on weekends, 12 to 1 on weekdays during semester.
Pretty much this, except I'm not in college.

So on a different topic, for those of you who have a secondary character, who is it? I pretty much co-main Ike and Link (My Ike is slightly more used though) and then I secondary (or third, whatever you want to call it) Marth. I just happen to be the best with these three.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Sen: I've begun picking up Touhou more often now, but it still keeps kicking my rear end on normal. I just went through a couple and I like 12's 1st stage theme.
I can''t help but still have a soft spot of Okuu's theme. Even though I have found more love for the various renditions to Ancient Temple and Till When?

Going outside the more known circle groups, there is a very nice set of songs by the smaller ones that are imho very nice, especially the group that did most on a piano.... damn did those ones seem to take a good bit of talent.

Still goin through this large *** lossless collection during my off times of Noel and Marth practice. Not even halfway through >_<

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Going toe to toe with Meta Knight, the most broken character? Beating him and seeing his/her face after? What could be more enjoyable?

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
yeah, i know that feeling, but actually enjoying the fighting part? impossible
If you're not having fun while you're fighting, why fight? I actually enjoy fighting Meta Knights because everytime I lose I learn the matchup a bit better.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If you're not having fun while you're fighting, why fight? I actually enjoy fighting Meta Knights because everytime I lose I learn the matchup a bit better.
meta knights not fun to fight and thats why i like it when i see my pools without any XD
he swings his sword around like its made of paper, but it hits like its made of metal, it should hit like its made of paper too, about 2% every hit sounds fair to me

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The bigger the obstacle you have to overcome, the more fun you have. If I win a difficult or even an impossible MU, I feel a little bit accomplished. I have the same feeling in real life.That's why MK (or all the other hard MU) is fun to fight. You have to think carefully and make good decisions of your moves. On top of that you have to outplay your opponent and be a little bit creative.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
The bigger the obstacle you have to overcome, the more fun you have. If I win a difficult or even an impossible MU, I feel a little bit accomplished. I have the same feeling in real life.
This is how I feel too. Trying to rise to the challenge is almost invigorating to me and if perchance I win, HELL YEAH! If I don't, well I'll try to learn and be thankful I had the opportunity.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well im the opposite in this situation, seeing myself having to fight a hard matchup is groan inducing, because it means i have to think really hard about what im doing and in the process im not thinking about what theyre going to do, my mind not built to multitask XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Don't make me go TTGL/Rocky on you haha. Oh, what the hell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxX3JkGHmDI
This was exactly what I was thinking when I saw you guys start talking about rising to the challenge and stuff.

"Don't believe in me who believes in you. Don't believe in you who believes in me. Believe in yourself who believes in yourself!" - Kamina

Sen: I also found out that I suck at grazing and fail to use bombs. bleh

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
are we gonna start talking about the most rage inducing game ever?
because i still can't beat it getting all the characters and NOONE dying.
i'm stuck in chapter 27 because when i get close to Lloyd(i think thats the one) someone weak like my bishop or eliwood(poor eliwood) gets gangraped somehow.

also: I wish i could be the best golden ike player but I heard san uses that colour

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
are we gonna start talking about the most rage inducing game ever?
because i still can't beat it getting all the characters and NOONE dying.
i'm stuck in chapter 27 because when i get close to Lloyd(i think thats the one) someone weak like my bishop or eliwood(poor eliwood) gets gangraped somehow.

also: I wish i could be the best golden ike player but I heard san uses that colour
Nino=best sage
Use her, you can't lose

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nino = worse possible magic user in the game.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too under leveled when you get her. Yes, she does have the best growths for a magic user, but she won't be catching up to the others so there is no point at all in using her. I tried feeding her as many kills as possible, even though that's a rather stupid and risky way to play, and she still couldn't catch up to Erk in level or stats.

Not worth it, babysit her in the level that she joins, and her bonus level, that's it. Bench her after that.

And you just need to protect your characters better disaster. Please tell me you didn't do anything silly like not wait until the character was level 20 before promoting them...

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Arena abuse. If it's Llyod, how the hell does Eliwood die? Chapter 23 with Linus means that you got the Lords' combined level up to 50 or more. Even if you make Eliwood 10 for that chapter, he shouldn't be dying that easily unless you forgot he existed somehow and just didn't use him. RNG must have given yours bad stats too. And if it's a magic user, why are they up front and vulnerable to attack?

@Niddo: I actually had a Nino that beat Erk in stats. Just takes an Afa's Drops to help her even more.

Wolf and Sedgar.

:troll:

*runs*
I lol'd

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nino's end game stats are a trap. She may be the "best" stat wise but she takes too much babying. Doing S runs she's crap like Niddo said. S rank is how characters are rated in FE7 tier list however..

Pent is so much better cause his stats and growth are good and uses much less exp to hit --/20 and best off all, he has an A in staffs right off the bat making him and EXCELLENT healer with physics.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
In all 3 runs I did for FE7, I never bothered using Nino. She was annoying as hell to have around in that sidequest that follows after the chapter you recruit her and Jaffar.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anytime i get to chapter 23 in Hector hard mode i rage quit the game and never play it again ._.;; one day i will beat it legitimately.. I even got lucky too.. I had Guy get 2 defense raises his first levels up i was using him as a tank in the beginning cause he just was beasting through everything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had Eliwood have 2 perfect level ups in one of the early chapters in hector hard mode then he dies randomly... then when i level him up again he just gets a skill boost twice T___T Eliwood was then too weakto do anything.. RNG screwed

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i waited till level 20 to upgrade everyone but my matthew and kent aren't promoted
nino is terrible. she starts out at way too low of a level to actually get anywhere. If you got her earlier in the game it would be a different story.
my eliwood is bad, i try so hard to level him up and get him good stats, he even has killing edge right now
but still, he gets hit by one guy, he dies
or he's close to it
I have a bunch of characters I don't really use anymore but thats just because they share jobs with some of my top level characters and they're weak or normally just couldn't get many kills when i tried to level them up(like nino)

Top Bottom