• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We don't have anything against him, but when you carry a huge ego and brag about something, which is nothing...well you're gonna get mocked. Oh and biggest johner around.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
He had a big ego and he trash talked people yes, but he was still very good.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You can also set one of the pad buttons (up or down) to Attack so you can buffer PSC -> Jab faster. I've tried it and it makes it a lot easier than trying to hit Y and then A both with the same thumb one after the other.

Of course if you have your L/R springs removed you can just use those and A to do it.

:248:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
o, another question.
Since I'm using an attack setting for C-stick, would it still work as a regular C-stick for grab breaks?(16 frames on default setting I think)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Probably not, because C-stick smash inputs both the direction and A, while C-stick attack only inputs that attack without any directional input.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
smash stick gets one extra input over the attack stick, Attack stick does have direction input.. but smash stick can put two direction inputs with a diagonal input while attack stick can only do 1, diagonal ends up being no directional input on an attack stick

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I mean directional input as in making it count as a grab release input. C-stick smash is akin to mashing the control stick in a certain direction + A I thought, and we know those smash inputs count as grab break inputs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was talking about grab breaking too

up, down, left, right give 2 inputs with the attack stick and smash stick. Smash stick gets 3 inputs with a diagonal input while attack stick only gets 1.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Alright, so should I still follow the hold down on joystick, spin the pad+cstick while pressing other buttons method?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think it'll be okay. I can definitely see this being used to get out of ICs CG if you knock one of the others away when you get grabbed, or at low %s, or when they try to kill you. I doubt I'll be able to switch to this breakout method very quickly.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ok question, When setting the pad to buttons to be able to break faster what exactly do you have your pad set to?
basically change the buttons on the d-pad from taunts to attacks/jump/shield and-if youre really commited to this new method-change your c-stick to smashes instead of attacks (providing you have attack stick on)

so when you get grabbed, move the d-pad and cstick with your thumbs, hold down n the control stick with your left index finger and press anything else possible with leftover digits

13th Iconoclast

Smash Rookie
It came to my attention that my name was wrongly placed within mouths, and so, here I am from the ashes of Melee and Brawl to once again state my claim and say, "Best Ike Alive". Not really, but trolling is always nice. RoK the Reaper for all those who don't know me.

Theeboredone: Remember these matches of us you posted from a Wifi match? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQh_TDhFggc That was the first time you played me, lag wasn't that bad but I won, 2-1. Also, when I first met you when I was most active, you lost to me in a Ditto then as well. Later on, months and months down the road when I attended a fest on short notice, after I had already traded in my Wii, you managed to beat me consistently, but barely each time. You were also within my "Blood-4-Blood" online Ike Clan if I remembered correctly, you asked me for tips over AIM about Ike, and all also, I gave you information and some tricks of the trade I had learned. So for you to say I johned and was a joke, you didn't hesitate to ask.

Brettster: Remember this match? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXqkiaNUPc This was when me and you actually teamed up at a fest and fought two DK's. Also, you lost to me multiple times in Dittos on this same occassion. Later on, same as Theeboredone, during the same fest, I was defeated by you multiple times after I had already traded in my Wii and was not very active in the game; I believe this was the same event that Melee1 hosted at his apartment. You held no candle to me until I started playing, so I have no idea why you even think or thought of me as a Joke.

Also, you people also list Slaps as a good Texas Ike, did you not know that I partially trained him? And use to call him my lil' bro in playing? And also teamed up with him before in a doubles tournament? But I'm guessing no one remembers that.

Also, Melee1 did state when I was still playing and very active and Me and Ice came in second at a doubles tournament, even if there wasn't very many people, that I was one of the top 7 players in Dallas from his viewpoint, and I even placed well at my first Brawl Tournament I was able to attend at a Prince Bistro, the most noticeable match was against a Snake player named Angel, not sure if anyone remembers him.

Though, I was cocky and arrogant, I backed it up, and when people wanted advice, I gave it to them. Ryko also came and asked me for advice, even coming back and apologizing after he made a video called, "RyK the Reeker", and asked me for tips. Silven messaged me a lot as well, not sure if it was for tips it's been so long, but we talked for a bit.

So, before you people get all high and mighty, do not forget who used to be King Ike of the Dallas, Scene before I hung up my GC controller.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So, before you people get all high and mighty, do not forget who used to be King Ike of the Dallas Scene before I hung up my GC controller.
It seems to me that it's things like this, why the others were picking on you earlier. I'm probably the only tournament-attending Ike main in all of Canada but even that doesn't mean I'm gonna go and gloat that I'm the best.

I guess what I'm saying is, you apparently used to be (and maybe still are) egotistical, so some people didn't (and still don't) like you very much. Coming in here after months and months of inactivity and trying to assert that you were better than them isn't going to patch things up and make them respect you.

Just my view of the situation, but I can't speak for Brett or Bored.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
RoK
You were arrogant and though not rude to people, you came off as rude because of your arrogance. You weren't a bad Ike at all. But you weren't ever the best alive, which is why everyone uses that catch phrase of yours as a joke in Dallas. ALSO, I had picked up the game competitively about 2 weeks before that fest, so I wouldn't have expected to beat anybody at that point in time. That was my 2nd fest ever.
The other fest you're talking about, I didn't beat you a lot-- I think we went pretty even, but that's still far before I got "good" at this game. But that's aside from my point.

Just sayin', if you had ever made a few attitude/mindset adjustments, nobody would have ever had a problem with you.

Edit
WTF Craysyn go to bed. Unless you've just waking up. I dunno. It's like 5:30 here. I'm finally getting tired. Maybe I can sleep now.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
WTF Craysyn go to bed. Unless you've just waking up. I dunno. It's like 5:30 here. I'm finally getting tired. Maybe I can sleep now.
Haha, yah I just woke up, it's 7:30 in the morning. Jesus, last time I was up until 5:30 am was that smashfest last summer at a guy's house in the middle of nowhere, when four of us walked 3 hours to a McDonald's for breakfast after an all-nighter of Smash and Capture the Flag.

It was a stupid, stupid idea.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, yah I just woke up, it's 7:30 in the morning. Jesus, last time I was up until 5:30 am was that smashfest last summer at a guy's house in the middle of nowhere, when four of us walked 3 hours to a McDonald's for breakfast after an all-nighter of Smash and Capture the Flag.

It was a stupid, stupid idea.

my god and i thought we were insane at smashfests over here went off to asda (pretty much the english equilivent of walmart) at 3am and all i bought was ice cream and apple pie...dear god desserts for breakfast was the greatest idea ive ever had

also, who dis guy asserting his almightyness with 2 posts...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.. Super banned people aren't allowed back?

And wow lol at someone who namesearches when they don't play smash anymore

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, that depends. What exactly do you want to post it for? If it's just to show us then you can post it in here. We don't actually have a proper video archive, just the critique thread (which I guess is a video archive in it's own right) and the guide thread which has some videos of specific match-ups.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
showing off? Just don't make you're own thread.. Well just post it here if you don't want an analysis on how to play better (you're still gonna get critiqued on the quality of the video)

-ninja'd by the Canadian

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Would anybody be up for some wifi sometime today? This will be my last day of wifi until summer probably >.> Finally unlocked more of my usable characters on my dad's Wii.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Would anybody be up for some wifi sometime today? This will be my last day of wifi until summer probably >.> Finally unlocked more of my usable characters on my dad's Wii.
I could WiFi you for a bit right now if you want. Only for about an hour at most though before I have to pick up my brother.

Top Bottom