• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I was so close to getting a 6 pack...it would appear when I flexed, but this weekend was so bad for food. Two people owed me dinner, so I ended up eating alfredo chicken pasta on Friday, and Pizza Hut Saturday x.x.

Also, speaking of swords, I would love to own an actual replica of Cloud's sword. That'd be ******.

Edit: This is why I don't talk to black people...

"we be buzzin that text and flippin it all. I do it all, read text, memorize text, hear, tell me somethin, ya feel me?"

I think he is studying or somethin...
Or trying to talk up some broad in an isle across from the booze.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Cloud's sword weights 30 pounds if the replica is made of metal. **** is not something you can fight with. 15 pounds is a decorative two handed sword :x
Considering I can curl 25 dumbbells no problem, I would probably have to amp my strength some more, but in due time, it should be no problem. Heck, it wouldn't be much of a problem now if you're built right. Carrying around a 25 weight isn't so bad. YOu just have to worry about swinging too hard and losing balance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well weight wise sure, you can probably handle it, but wielding it will be difficult cause of the shape. its inhumanly board to weild

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You do realize there are plenty of martial artists who wield just as heavier, if not heavier weapons right? >_>

Though honestly, my choice of sword would be the Kodachi or Katana.

Guns...I rock the silencer pistol or sniper. Camp my *** all day.

Though in all honesty, silencers are still loud.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Weight isn't the (biggest) issue, its the shape of the sword.

My weapon of choice is a halberd for range :D if sticking to swords only, then katana for me as well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's kinda funny...when it comes to FPS games and stealth games...I CAMP HARD. I can't do that **** in fighters lol.With that being said, when I used to play Laser Tag...I would make hiding spots and camp so hard.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well i have my own homemade replica of ragnell, however its kinda fragile (it's made of wood) and i cant really sword fight with it, i was planning on making a metal version however. something for moi to do over the christmas holidays i think (or maybe in april when im staying at my grandparents, and he happens to own a metal lathe)
im kinda juse broad rather than muscular, i look like that ******** in betweeny stage of normal and muscular, its pretty stupid. but ****ing legs like ganon, biknig really does build lower body muscle.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...Please tell me that isn't you feeding the bear in the picture, or at least that it was at a wildlife rescue place or something similar. >_<

And when it comes to FPSs, it depends on the game. CoD? Technically, I can both run and gun or camp, so I do both, AKA "Playing Tactically". I camp a spot with a good view of high traffic areas for a few kills, and then quickly move to a different spot if the other team is rushing like a bunch of idiots. If the other team is hardcore, "staring-at-a-door-way-the-whole-game" camping, I'll be spending the whole game flanking or using FMJ. If it's SnD, I move around the map rather slowly, which means I'm often forced to try to go for a clutch due to all of the "I can has quickscope montage plz?" 12 year olds rushing with the Intervention on my team. >_>

Halo? Rush rush rush rush rush, try to stay with teammates, rush rush rush rush rush rush. lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Maybe later when I'm super rich I'll have a master iron-smith make me a Ragnell replica that's usable in combat. Unfortunately the sword itself has a bad design for combat purposes but who gives a ****?

I'll just be like "here's a picture and $10000, get to work" and then go off and be a rich dude on my yacht.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Maybe later when I'm super rich I'll have a master iron-smith make me a Ragnell replica that's usable in combat. Unfortunately the sword itself has a bad design for combat purposes but who gives a ****?

I'll just be like "here's a picture and $10000, get to work" and then go off and be a rich dude on my yacht.
hows it bad for combat purposes? its kinda bulky obviously but its a 2 handed sword, its meant to be like that XD
although if you mean the little bulbous bit at the end then yeah thats kinda uneeded

•Col•

Smash Champion
...Please tell me that isn't you feeding the bear in the picture, or at least that it was at a wildlife rescue place or something similar. >_<
It was me........ In a forest......

..........It seemed friendly........?....... :( ....

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
hows it bad for combat purposes? its kinda bulky obviously but its a 2 handed sword, its meant to be like that XD
although if you mean the little bulbous bit at the end then yeah thats kinda uneeded
Allow me to present evidence (TAKE THAT!) as to why Ragnell / Alondite are, effectively, poor combat choices. It's a long post but it's quite informative.

http://www.sword-manufacturers-guide.com/where-are-the-ragnellalondite-replica-swords.html

It's the 3rd reply by a Mr. Aaron Stone.

Also see the quality reply by user Rahul:

"like i gladly would take on anyone if you remember fire emblem 9 paht of radiance the character stephan was a secret swordsmaster i am like him powerful and know where to hit so if you will i can almot always land a critical lo"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
what the hell? do swordfights happen all the time or something?
i understood most of it, but i didnt get some terms, or that could be deu to the fact hes makes a many typo's as i do
but yes, valid points, i'd still use one anyway, itsp retty just hack and slash anyway, do we see ike use it to stab at any point? no (eruption doesnt count)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
do we see ike use it to stab at any point? no (eruption doesnt count)
May not be Ike, but it's still being used as a stab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD045DChGSY&t=2m2s

A replica would be nice, but to use in an actual fight? Hell no.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one here who sits in front of his laptop/sleep and gain weight. No exercise whatsoever. Unless you count the walking from class to class and when I'm going home or going to mass.

EDIT: OH LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0shidIOU4Yo

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nys!!!! Ussi is making me think dirty thoughts every time I log into here XD
*stares at Ussi's avy, reminding himself it is a mic, not something else*
Revenge for overtaking me on the PR

I get a new avi every Wednesday night. So just 2 more days to deal with it.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Guys, I'm thinking Ike's DA->DA (buffered) at low percents (13-20%) has a good chance of connectivity. I have done this a couple of times with my friends in friendlies and they did get hit by it like 70% of the time.

The move goes like this: Ike does DA, then buffers a DA asap. If done right, the second DA hits them right when they're about to touch the ground. Now I'm not sure if this qualifies as a low percent combo as my friends had had shielded it before but then it could be me screwing up the timing. Can someone look more into this plz; this was all I could do in college freetime.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
IDA is a decent follow-up to DA at low percents but definitely not ever a combo. It can be DI'd out of, shielded, air-dodged, or avoided by teching the floor. Still, it will often work just because it's unexpected and many players will be surprised by how suddenly Ike's DA comes out from what appears to be just a regular dash. I wouldn't try it too many times on the same person though, at the end of the day it's not guaranteed.

:248:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
o_o what the heck did light show
It was more of the stuff that the actual site had and not what I had wanted to show, lol. I should be a lot more careful when passing on sites that I'm linked to.

Anyway, and I won't post the link this time, it was a video of a girl sitting on baby rabbits. Until they died. And their remains were bloody pulps.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It was more of the stuff that the actual site had and not what I had wanted to show, lol. I should be a lot more careful when passing on sites that I'm linked to.
Yah the video itself was kind of borderline but it was all the other images and links on the site that made me edit it out.

Nidtendofreak said:
stop feeding the bears so they begin to walk through neighborhoods!
Same pattern that dogs took from wolves, pretty soon we'll be taming and breeding bears as common household pets!

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lets go Smokey! Lets put out forest fires! *smokey runs away*

guess it takes more than a name for a bear to fight forest fires

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I saw a video on Jump Ultimate stars and I soo want nintendo to translate it to english, but due to lisencing its probably not gonna happen :x...

Gotta find a fan tranlation

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
bears... I've seen one guy putting up a show with a tamed bear in India.

so to the decent follow-up move etc.... actually, let me take this to the guide thread. going there now.

Top Bottom