• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
=o
Good stuff, I hope I can do just as good this Saturday at my regional.
I have a MP3 player now so maaaaaybe it could help. >_>

LOL at Christmas parade when it's almost Thanksgiving.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Good job Nys. Also I think people don't really care much for Thanksgiving as they do Christmas and other holiday events happening around time. Heck, my dad started listening to Christmas music around the last week of November or something because he says it calms him down. I agree to that though

Also, I just finished Angel Beats! and I think Key just gained one more fan.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow you guys are still on drinking? Lol.

So just got back from a (long) tournament. 5-0'd my pool and came 5th in singles. But my teammate Croi (Wario main) and I won doubles, beating a Snake and Pikachu team that hadn't been beaten by anyone in like... a year. Wario and Ike make a good team, I've discovered. GFs went on for all 10 matches. Vids to be uploaded, some possibly for critique.

Also I commentated on singles WFs, LFs and GFs, and that will be uploaded. It was funny because there was a Christmas parade going on in the street outside our venue... yah, in November.

:248:
Nice job! Who beat you in Singles?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The earlier the Christmas spirit starts the earlier people start shopping.

The earlier people start shopping and spending the earlier the economy gets a full rebound.

Maybe those Christians have solid economic judgment skills?

Maybe but they'll just give that money to their church anyway so it's pointless~

/Light rambling

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Because it'll be odd having to shovel snow Thanksgiving Day Niddo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't celebrate TG or Christmas...but I take advantage of the deals that go on (Black Friday).

Can't wait to get a new wireless mouse, get my bro his laptop for college, and buy some cheap blueray movies (kickass for 10 dollars!). I hope they have Scott Pilgrim on sale. They have Infamous at Toys R Us for 15 dollars.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nice job! Who beat you in Singles?
I lost to Raziek in winner's (he won the tourney), and Lamb (goes by Syko_Lemming here at SWF I think) in loser's. Croi and I had to fight each other in the loser's bracket for 5th place, so that kind of sucked, but I managed to beat him.

I love doubles these days, I think I just tend to play much better when I'm doing doubles.

And yah, Thanksgiving in October here but Christmas remains in December so... Christmas parade in November still doesn't make much sense.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Particularly so close after the Remembrance Day stuff. I honestly hate what they do in the states on Nov. 11th. "Yays, the war finally ended on this day, 50% off of everything!" Some American chain tried to do that in Canada, and had protests constantly until they canceled it and apologized for planning something so stupid. It's Remembrance Day (or Veterans Day in the states...), not "Everything on sale day". A lot of stores on that day aren't even open until noon. What you are suppose to do is spend the morning either going to a ceremony, or watch one on TV, and take a moment of silence at 11 AM, not go join the mob at the stores. They went to war or died for you, is it so hard to take half of a single day to remember that fact? /rant

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure a bunch of people don't give a **** or don't even know when Veteran's day is. Honestly, I didn't know much about it till I kept hearing during the NBA games them saying "Veteran's Week".

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Penta, you're too wimpy to live in Canada. Money says you get maw by a bear, or step into a thick sheet of snow and get yourself trapped under.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Cougars are scarier than bears. They will actually actively hunt you, while bears just don't care.

@bored: that's also part of my point, but I forgot to touch on it due to needing to complete a take home Bio test. >_> For a patriotic country, the US does very little to honour their vets, or care to honour them. Sad really.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nice job Sharkie! 5th out of how many?

I wanna watch you vs Syko so i can critique it.

In other news, my friend and I were sword fighting with wooden katanas. Really fun, REALLY SCARY :X

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would love to try fencing. If I had time, I would join the club at my campus. Then again, I would also love to try horse riding, rock climbing, trolling, ballroom dancing, etc.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Was tempted to try fencing for PE but I was like screw it bowling is the easiest PE ever let's do that again.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
2 semesters of PE are required during the four years.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Bowling is considered a PE credit now? Well I guess that's about as bad as curling being considered a 'sport'. IMO any class that can be considered PE should result in you either losing weight in fat or putting on weight in muscle by the end of the semester. I can't see bowling doing either, the standard for physical health is ever dropping.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cornell has a wide variety of PE courses

these also count

BODY-MIND
CHI GONG
T'AI CHI CHUAN
MOVEMENT, MUSIC AND MEDITATION
BREATH, MIND, AND MOVING WITH EASE
ART OF LIVING
SYNERGI
LIVING ROUTINES
WALKING MEDITATION
INTRO TO MASSAGE
SHIATSU MASSAGE
SWEDISH MASSAGE
SWEDISH AND MORE
THAI MASSAGE
WEEKEND MASSAGE WORKSHOP
INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION
RELAXATION & STRESS MANAGEMENT
MEDITATION & RELAXATION
WELLNESS WEEKEND
WINNING MINDSET:
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ATHLETIC SUCCESS
YOGA
YOGA II
YOGA ON THE BALL

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can see how a lot of those could tie into physical conditioning but Winning Mindset? Meditation & Relaxation? Swedish Massage? Sounds more like slacker bird courses than Physical Education to me, lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dang, I'd like to take that WINNING MINDSET: PSYCHOLOGY OF ATHLETIC SUCCESS course someday.

It sounds like a PLAY TO WIN course.

UNT has some free and some paid short sessions each week at the gym. I've gone to the abs & back session a few times. I think that + a half mile jog is good enough for me every couple weeks.

(Also I walk 15 minutes to class and back every day, sometimes more than once.)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Walking up and down hills all day with stuffed backpack is enough for me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Probably spend 40 minutes walking everyday back and forth from class. Then I work out and shoot hoops as well. You guys got nothing on me.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I sword fight with my friend...

Just moments ago, my wooden sword broke on the 5th round of the 3rd set (best of 5) ;~;

My friend calls his power chop the "Grip breaker" but it broke my sword, not my grip :<

I'd try to say something, but i'm too lazy to actually be physical fit :x... I do eat healthy though :> I avoid sweets, and unnaturally sugary products. Eat veges everyday and such...

also, lets get this turkey bowl started! Give me a drumstick and breast.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I still jog for around half an hour every day but that's basically it. I go to the gym maybe once or twice a week when I feel inspired or my brother makes me go with him. I was always much more of a cardio/running guy anyways, which is why I love sports like Ultimate Frisbee.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I was so close to getting a 6 pack...it would appear when I flexed, but this weekend was so bad for food. Two people owed me dinner, so I ended up eating alfredo chicken pasta on Friday, and Pizza Hut Saturday x.x.

Also, speaking of swords, I would love to own an actual replica of Cloud's sword. That'd be ******.

Edit: This is why I don't talk to black people...

"we be buzzin that text and flippin it all. I do it all, read text, memorize text, hear, tell me somethin, ya feel me?"

I think he is studying or somethin...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Cloud's sword weights 30 pounds if the replica is made of metal. **** is not something you can fight with. 15 pounds is a decorative two handed sword :x

Top Bottom