• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That's what I'm talking about: the edges of Europe are still Europe! :mad088:

And what, did you think there were only Black, Brown, Grizzly, and Polar Bears?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
there are a type of penguins in Africa

When i found that out, i figured there are some obsurce animals i don't know in random places in the world.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I read in the Ike guide that jab>Utilt is a combo (:o) unless the opponent jumps.

Is this for real? character/weight/flottability dependent?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Here is the Sun Bear's range:

We must be operating under a different definition of Europe because this ****ing looks like Southeast Asia.

Also I saw that AIB blog along with some of the comments. That was fairly brutal :/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I just remembered that the Sun Bear was in Eurasia. Couldn't remember more than that. >_>
kmac geography
also nice hard read there sharkie, i dont see why they hating, although ive yet to watc hthe distant planet one that he might be suggesting...
*watched*
oh, failure...i think we all do that at some point though

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So today my school had a Thanksgiving liturgy thing today, main theme being a diverse school and religion. At the end, it went something like this: "If you can trace your roots back to _____ stand up." I lol'd when they got to the Europe part and less than half was already standing at that point. After, that, everyone stood up.

@AiBBlog: lol

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I dunno why a Marth would CP to Distant Planet, but then again, I don't know much about the stage period (other than it sucks and should never be used in tourney).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nothing wrong with Distant Planet. I mean there are a few things marginally wrong with it but it's a perfectly fine CP for competitive play IMO.

He CP'd me there because he had been practicing on it at the time and I hadn't, pretty simple, lol. I don't think it holds any particular advantages for Marth over Ike.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if anything it gives ike stallnig capabilities he never has anywhere else, although its pretty useless XP
anyway, im trying to find a valid arguement for why jungle japes should be a legal cp in my country, any helpers?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Meh, I just find that other CPs accomplish whatever you can do there much better overall (minus stalling, but I don't see myself wanting to stall with Ike of all people >_>).

btw, would anyone be up for some wifi sometime later? I'm not getting very far in Star Ocean 3, so I figure I'll play some Brawl.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I just remembered that the Sun Bear was in Eurasia. Couldn't remember more than that. >_>
And this would totally be okay if the steps it took to confirm the Sun Bear's area of habitation could not be counted on one hand, haha.

Although, to be honest, I did a report on the Sun Bear in 7th grade biology so I just couldn't let such a comment slide. As for whether Europe has bears or not, all it takes is typing "europe bears" into Google to see that areas of Eastern Europe do indeed have brown bears.

Get schooled.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
anyway, im trying to find a valid arguement for why jungle japes should be a legal cp in my country, any helpers?
KlapTrap isn't an issue as long as you understand that it runs in a consistent loop (is it every 10 seconds or a bit longer? I forget). The water, if used properly, can actually make it safer for characters like Ike and Ganondorf off-stage, since gimping becomes inviable. It's really a stage that revolves a lot around stage knowledge:

- Knowing not to fight near the left side if you have a poor recovery.
- Using the high ceiling by always DIing up and only attempting horizontal KO moves.
- Learning to buffer the earliest possible moment to jump out of the water once you surface.
- Learning to keep a rough internal clock of the KlapTrap's routes.

It may sound like a bit much to be thinking about but it all becomes second-nature. It's a really good CP in the sense that a counter pick should aid the player who chooses it but not in a way that is game-breaking. There is absolutely nothing game-breaking about Jungle Japes, it's just a great stage for certain characters (Falco, DK, Ike, etc...) and not really bad for any character as long as you know the stage.

I could probably make a better counter-argument if I knew exactly why the TOs in your region think of it as not CP-worthy. There is really nothing wrong with Japes as a CP.

:248:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I remember posting this a while ago, let me rephrase that: Isn't the OP supposed to have links to all questions and answers that have taken place in here? And why don't I get a theme song?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember posting this a while ago, let me rephrase that: Isn't the OP supposed to have links to all questions and answers that have taken place in here? And why don't I get a theme song?
Because you just started posting again after being gone forever?

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
so how about now? The gap wasn't too bad, like almost 2 months cause I had to catch up with alot of things in college and life. Being a junior in college does not give freetime easily at all; well, not till you are constantly uptodate with all your homework and project.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is my avi making you think of silly thoughts now Sen?

Also, An(M)ist, we just didn't think of a song for (and/or remember) you i guess. Look at me, I didn't get a song either cause I have nothing extreme worth making fun of.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
:(

10:(:(:(

jk, thats okay, but if I were to get a song, It'll prolly would be something cool from Soinc the hedgehog. I love that guy

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Technically no, but if you're not a floaty character, you usually don't have the reaction time to SDI out of the jab and avoid the Utilt. So to answer the question, no, but it's reliable enough to use.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Floaties it works wonders, but you get no frame leeway in doing jab > utilt, I know I land it at times, but other times I do it too slow.

I'll maybe do some frame testing over the weekend about it to re-confirm it for myself

EDIT: Jab > utilt for floaties, jab > jab > utilt for FFer's

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Man, Ussi got serious....

I ate that back in Canada though. I lost my ability to do so by the time I moved to Texas. ;_; Same with my ability to eat Double Big Macs with a Rolo Milkshake on the side...

Now I eat maybe half that much? I've still never weighed more than 135 pounds...and that was only after the 3 week long trip to Texas, eating fastfood the whole way. Stupid pitstops and visiting so many places...I went back to 120 in like a week. lol. Yays for metabolism?

@Mist: no they don't. Just don't be stupid with the amount of bacon and eat a sandwich with bacon weave for bread. Protein is always better than carbs. Carbs do nothing for your body except for pure energy. Protein is required for everything in your body to function, repair itself, strengthen itself, ect. That's why the Akins(sp?) diet works so well. By taking low cards, you force your body to go through fats next. Keeping the protein high prevents the minor risk of taking muscle damage.

Just took a semester of Bio with this in there dang it, don't question me! :mad088:
Is breakfast the only thing you eat for the day?

I take proteins for my lunch and dinner and that is really enough for me. Did you read the links? I'm highlighting the health issues of eating bacon and all other processed meat. Bacon may have more proteins than cereals but cereals do not give you health risks; that's what makes cereals better. Plus, you are eating proteins the other half of your day. So your really missing out nothing except the high cholesterol.

Wuts up with comparing your bio class and those studies??? they surely have done more research than you did.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
At first I thought it was the social then I realized the topic on top was the guide, and well I want the guide i'm running to stay free of off-topic discussion.

But thank you for listening

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
At first I thought it was the social then I realized the topic on top was the guide, and well I want the guide i'm running to stay free of off-topic discussion.

But thank you for listening
Not my fault you inb4'd my post in the other topic. -_-

Top Bottom