• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You don't know the pain i'm in with the fact i'm stuck studying for my orgo chem 2 exam instead of playing black ops... I'm resisting.. but my friend keeps indirectly rubbing it in my face

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The fact that nothing has changed from the previous CoD gameplay wise makes it even more funny how it managed to sell 8.5 million copies just like that. Just slap the Call of Duty label on a game, and people will go nuts over it.

Now that I think about it, I should open up a gun store, and name it Call of Duty.

Or heck, I should start making gaming PC's and have the label be CoD.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I played Modern Warfare 2 pretty extensively last yearon my dorm floor and it was definitely a solid game. Can't knock it for that.

What I _can_ knock the company for, however, is releasing the exact some gameplay (oh, I'm sure some perks have changed or whatever) with just new maps to play on and then expecting people to just lap it up. What's worse is that people _have_ bought ****loads of copies of the game. So...

Next year expect like Black Ops 2 with like a new game mode. Prince tag : $60

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, they would be better off jsut releasing an online patch on the game, where you can change the game mode to feature the new perk set, new weapons, etc. and have the maps work on both modes
or something like that, its probably ****hard to program like that
my personal favourite was cod:waw. love the lack of high tech crap which can be used to make gay-*** tactics

ChaosMagician

Smash Cadet
idk if i can make this one nysyarc, im getting my new card deck together for mai regionals this december and since i dont have a deck im going into overdrive searching for one

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's a different company Light. IW made CoD1/2/4/MW2(which was trash, BTW. So many noob tubes and knifers...). Treyarch made 3/WaW/Black Ops. There are a few differenes, like style of maps between the two companies, and Treyarch adds zombies and now a diving roll, but otherwise ya: fairly similar.

And MW3 has already been announced. As well as the fact they are most likely going to start charging for online play come 2011. And Sledgehammer is now making CoD games due to most of IW leaving to make Respawn Entertainment. >_>

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I dislike this new CoD, it's stealing all our bi-weekly participants.

:034:
Wasn't Ussi the only one who mentioned playing it instead?

As well as the fact they are most likely going to start charging for online play come 2011.
I know the PS3 doesn't need to be paid for to play online, but the 360 has had this ever since. Unless you're talking about CoD specifically, like how Phantasy Star Universe does/did (I heard it's free now).

Zombies is the only reason my brother is playing it. Haven't tried online multiplayer yet cause I was too busy with the campaign, which was pretty meh, and RB3.

inb4derailedtopic

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
jamlosingthegame;11599610 I know the PS3 doesn't need to be paid for to play online said:
I'm talking CoD, on every system (360, PS3, Wii, PC. Not sure about DS as it's kinda hard to charge for that online. >_>). Activision will make you pay a monthly fee to play online. Not sure if it's going to only be the next CoD game, or Black Ops as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm only gonna do the campaign strictly to unlock the new zombie map

Whelp good luck to the Ikes that go to the biweekly... (if any go)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm talking CoD, on every system (360, PS3, Wii, PC. Not sure about DS as it's kinda hard to charge for that online. >_>). Activision will make you pay a monthly fee to play online. Not sure if it's going to only be the next CoD game, or Black Ops as well.
Which is what I was thinking when I mentioned Phantasy Star Universe. Yay for Nintendo and free/crappy WiFi. :p

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Zombie games pale in comparison to the gameplay for Nazi Zombies

EFFF I want to go to the biweekly now that Kirk is going

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Cannot attend-- made an appointment to rid my body of excess iron donate blood.

I wasn't planning on playing until season 3 anyway. Just have a legit excuse this week.

But I'll probably show up a little late in the XAT and chill there.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There's a chance I might attend. I have a study session Sunday, so we'll see though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can be there for like an hour I guess lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I guess we'll see how it goes, if we have less than 8 people we can always just have some friendlies and postpone it until next weekend. Not much sense having a ranked tournament if less people than can be on the PR show up.

If anyone is able to show up just for a short time (like San just mentioned), be sure to be playing sets the whole time you're there to get as many done as possible.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
All I can say is that it's a good thing that the tournament is on Sunday, not Saturday. I spent 6 hours today working on my lawn to earn my money: I don't think I'll be moving much tomorrow. >_> lol

Granted, I'll be playing Halo Reach on Sunday...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not getting Black Ops until January, give it some time for the glitches and the like to be sorted out. That's what I did with MW2 (not that it helped much)

And Halo > CoD in terms of difficulty and skill required. CoD is just "pick the strongest weapon, as we can never balance things correctly." Halo you actually have to have gun skills. Hence why in CoD4 I have a 1.25 K/D, WaW I have a 1.50 K/D, MW2 I have a 1.35 K/D, but in Halo 3 I had a 1.05 K/D. >_>

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
My K/D was like... a lot more than that, lol.

Just... with Reach... be ready for grenades to have a massive area of effect. It will annoy you at least a few times. And when armor lock is available in a game, it will the the most annoying thing out there.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
My K/D was like... a lot more than that, lol.

Just... with Reach... be ready for grenades to have a massive area of effect. It will annoy you at least a few times. And when armor lock is available in a game, it will the the most annoying thing out there.
Annoying if yer not the one using it.
Thing has saved my *** more times than I can count.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I now remember why I stopped playing wifi in the first place! It was fun, and ggs to people, but I don't think I'll be putting myself through that again xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The gamestop trophies they gave out for the brawl tournies they hosted when the game come out. I believe one is meant for wrestling LOL.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm updating the stats now but there's also something (two things, really) I'd like your guys' input on:

I think there should be 7 starter stages instead of 9 for a lot of reasons, mostly simplicity while still allowing more variety than a 5 stage set. So, I'll give you a few options to vote for as far as 7 starter stage sets go. Just say which option you vote for and you can explain why if you want but it's not necessary:

Option 1

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Halberd

Option 2

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Option 3

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

The only changes are in yellow. My vote will go to option 3, because as much as Lylat Cruise is considered a good starter stage offline, I think it causes too much lag to be a good starter on WiFi. CPing Lylat online is almost like CPing lag if you do better in choppy input lag than your opponent. I decided on Delfino over CS because well, it really didn't matter too much in dittos and I think a lot of us, myself included, like Delfino more, lol.

The other thing I want you guys to give your thoughts on, not a vote, because I'll be trying this out for at least one bi-weekly anyways, is being able to ban 2 stages instead of 1. I'm using a very large stage list and so it is very likely that a lot of you guys are unable to ban a few stages that you really dislike or cannot play on. Having 2 bans at least allows you to ban a stage you are not good on and a stage that your opponent is likely to CP.

In my case for example I'd always ban FD and then I may also ban a stage that my current opponent has CPd and beaten me on before. I think it's a good idea for such a large stage list, but what are your guys' thoughts?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'll vote for option 1 since it's the closest set in my region.

As for bans, I don't really mind them because I basically want you guys to CP me to these stages so I can learn and get better on them. Light seems to always beat me on Green Greens. :[
But I'll choose 2 bans just to get rid of stages that will never be used here. lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I vote Option 3.14

Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza

strike is now

2 - 3 - 1?

Can I get wifi waiting room as a CP on the list D:... Just put (Only Ussi can CP you here.. cause he has the codes for it, just say no if you don't want to)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, you can just ask people if they want to go there and if they agree then you're good. The only exception like that I'm making is for Niddo due to stage research... although he hasn't been showing up for awhile.

Halberd is a more legit starter than CS and DP, although it doesn't matter too much in the ditto. If we get more support for CS and DP we can use that but for now I'm not making it an option; too much jankyness for a 7 starter set.

Top Bottom