• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I should get a Halloween background for the Xat and we should all get ridiculous costume texture hacks for our Ikes. It'll be gud times.

:034:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Idk if i'll be gone for the weekend starting friday but if im near a wii , a copy of brawl, a gamecube controller a computer able to access xat and wireless internetz (Pretty much home) Then i'll definitely be there

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Signing up =) Hope I don't forget like last time -_-

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have high chances for being there.

EDIT: Nys, any chance I can CP with the stages I haven't finished for our Ike guide thingy? I still have PTAD, Luigi's, DP, and YI:M left.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
PTAD and LM I have no problems with, I actually like PTAD personally. I can add YI:M on a special Niddo-only CP basis for one week, where nobody but you can CP it and nobody can ban it against you. I mean, I know a lot of people dislike the stage (including me) but let's face it, we're still fighting Niddo on WiFi, regardless of the stage.
Lol, sorry Niddo, trying to help your cause in a pretty harsh way here.

If there aren't a ton of very strong objections, I'll be adding LM and PTAD to the CP list effective this bi-weekly and seeing how that goes, I may keep them around.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
HEY! What about DP!? D:<

And if YI:M is Niddo only then i guess its fine..

That is gonna bite me in the *** this weekend

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm seriously laughing at how everyone is going "Eh, it's Niddo. Worse that will happen is that he wins one game out of the set". :laugh:

And I personally don't like YI:M much, but since it's officially a legal option, I need to test it for completion's sake. I also don't like LM, I have the worst luck there.

Besides Nys, considering your TO, you might end up with a tournament with that stage legal one of these days. :bee:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oooooh Distant Planet? I thought you meant Delfino Plaza at first and I was like "Uuh.. yah it's been a starter like, forever". Yah I can add DP now too, see how it goes.

So do you want this weekend to be the YI:M weekend Niddo? Get it over with now?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If Niddo gets a signature CP then I request to have the Bridge of Eldin available for my use at this biweekly.

It's banned because you can abuse CGs and camp really hard, it's pretty chill in Ike v Ike.

Pretty please?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You make a decent point with the Ike vs Ike, but the problem is that it'll never be legal in any other tourneys, whereas YI:M will. Legalizing Bridge of Eldin would just make these tournaments infinitely sillier than they already are, and I want to try to keep them as serious as possible, lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You make a decent point with the Ike vs Ike, but the problem is that it'll never be legal in any other tourneys, whereas YI:M will. Legalizing Bridge of Eldin would just make these tournaments infinitely sillier than they already are, and I want to try to keep them as serious as possible, lol.

Well, I'd argue that YI:M getting unbanned at a reasonable number of tournaments has about as much of a chance of happening as Bridge of Eldin. Both aren't really going to see the light of day at a regional or a national.

Ike v Ike on the Bridge of Eldin is effectively a somewhat modified Final Destination at the core. It won't have much in the way of productivity, but I don't really see a problem with allowing it for a biweekly.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Niddo is doing research on various stages for the Ike guide, so he gets stage testing privileges. If I start letting anybody else CP some random, banned stages pretty soon everyone will want in on it and our CP list will have Pirate Ship, Summit, Temple and Shadow Moses.

Only bad things can come of allowing too much leniency. The stage list is pretty darn huge as it is, be happy!
:awesome:

Edit: Besides, there's always doubles friendlies after the tourney for Bridge of Eldin.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Light, it's not like I'm using it every week. I'm using it this weekend for a few matches until I feel that I have enough data on what Ike can and can't do there, and then I'm ditching it. It is officially a CP option under BBR Recommended Rules for some odd reason, I need to at least give it a shot.

And ya Nys, I'd like to get it over with ASAP.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
My WiFi waiting room is now that weird FD/PS1 cross thing... a.k.a the first stage of SSE. It's because I downloaded one of my friends' texture sets, mostly for his character textures. I like the regular waiting room better but I'm too lazy to take out my SD card, single out the texture for that stage and remove it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My wifi waiting room is really crappy. It's Mr. L, Waluigi, and Wario driving a purple car. I need to delete the texture.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, my sister's flight home was delayed from yesterday night, to today during the tournament right after church so ya...no show from me I'm afraid. Sorry. >_<

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This biweekly marks the first time I have ever timed anyone out in Brawl.

Evidence shows that running away and spamming airdodge is enough to time Yoshi out with Ike!! ChaosMagician defends himself against this crushing blow by saying that he played poorly because he ate an hour before the match.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous john in the history of smash.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, if you play on TOO full of a stomach, you can get tired and whatnot. But in any case, Light you might wanna try that against a better Yoshi player.

Top Bottom