• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i facepalmed hard.
but then i remembered that song is from a film taknig the piss outta america for their war on terror rubbish

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well I'm Indian not american. So my favorites revolve around chicken tikka, biryani, palao, and some more. Bored and Ussi would know.
I'm American. I still eat only Muslim slain food, so my tastes outside of what AnMist said, revolve around oriental noodles and seafood.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have learned of many varieties of food after going to Cornell.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I'm American. I still eat only Muslim slain food, so my tastes outside of what AnMist said, revolve around oriental noodles and seafood.
Well, at least we're the same on eating only Muslim slain meat part.

Hmm, this has become pretty much social X2 thread. We should prolly go back to ashunera's. Man this iPad is so awesome, I'm loving it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't understand how hard is to NOT POST in here -_-. Are you that stupid to quote the last post you are interested in, and paste it in Ashu's?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, now that I'm back, do most of you guys want to continue the bi-weeklies? And that said, do any of you really want to challenge other boards or just keep going like we were? I'm cool with either way and definitely willing to host them again either way.

Obviously I won't be hosting anything today/tomorrow on such short notice but we can start up again as early as next weekend if you guys want to.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Since this season has been started somewhat late I propose we get another season's worth of inter-Ike practice before we challenge anyone.

Sound good?

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Welcome back Nysyarc :D

Imo I'd like to continue the bi-weeklies maybe just ONCE in a while it could be a PR bi-weekly for other ikes here to show potential and fight against the other boards for those with better MU experience than others.

But in general i'd like to just get the bi-weeklies up and running again just for ike vs ike tips and strategies and seeing your weaknesses so you can better yourself a good ditto reveals something about yourself quite often.

Though Bored,San,Mr.Doom and more might not have wifi at the time so i'll give it time before we get this going again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm comfortable with whatever everyone else wants. I won't be participating, but I can still give advice and such.

Edit: I tried talking to the Snake boards, but no one responded. So meh about that.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Since this season has been started somewhat late I propose we get another season's worth of inter-Ike practice before we challenge anyone.

Sound good?
Sounds good to me, plus I looked back in the thread and found Bored's post in the Snake boards... looks like they really couldn't care less about a WiFi tourney, even if it's mostly for fun. I'm assuming many other character boards would be of the same opinion as well.

Are you back home yet Light? Able to participate if we start this up again?

Though Bored,San,Mr.Doom and more might not have wifi at the time so i'll give it time before we get this going again.
Well, as long as they don't have a serious problem with it, I don't see any reason not to start as soon as the majority of us are able to, even if a few can't participate right away. We could end up waiting weeks for them to get their internet working, and they can just join in when they do.

Don't forget we need to get that PR tourney going.
Hmm... we do need to get that done and I'd like to do it next weekend if possible, but with Bored and San potentially unable to... that's different than just starting a new season of round-robins. We could start a new season and wait for a time when last season's PR players are all able to be online to do the PR tourney.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well it depends on what everyone is down for. With already a month into the new season, I figure it would be best to cut challenging other char boards for now and save it for another time (Winter). On the other hand, you guys can go ahead and challenge other character boards, and we can have a mini Ike ditto season during winter break.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I'd rather go with a mini ike ditto, means that during the mini; we can get the PR tourney done. And also senior Ikes can give pointers to other Ikers. Once winter comes up we can challenge other character boards seeing how people should be or start going on winter break if in school during then.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Only problem I see with giving critics is we won't be visually watching the matches unless you guys put them on youtube. Still though, it would be fun to play the role of coach. I would like to take a few Ike mains under my wing and see if they can beat/improve more than others.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Only problem I see with giving critics is we won't be visually watching the matches unless you guys put them on youtube. Still though, it would be fun to play the role of coach. I would like to take a few Ike mains under my wing and see if they can beat/improve more than others.
Another thing I see with the critic issue is replays. Would more than likely need a replay code for any (if not all) replays.

Then again, it should be more than the norm to have the Wii modded in some way for brawl specifically

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think most people here have the replay code. If someone doesn't the other person most likely will.

And I'm not sure if I'll have wifi at school, so I'd rather us hold off on challenging other character boards until winter break. But if everyone wants to challenge the other boards sooner, I can't do much about it. xD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sounds like everyone so far is in agreement that just doing some more Ike dittos for now is preferable. I can save replays of my matches with anyone, just let me know beforehand if you'd like to have your matches critiqued later. I can't upload matches but maybe Mr. Doom or someone would be kind enough to upload a few for critique.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
I'll gladly record if asked however, I have a tendency to get kicked out while trying to save the replay if the counter hits 0 while still saving. So gonna give fair warning on that.

Wonder if just recording all the matches I have right now and then make some space could help with that tho.

So when can we expect to start back up? The 19th perhaps

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll say this in advance and when the next Bi-Weekly starts. I want all my matches saved as replays and uploaded for critique.

I got the feeling I'm going to forget though...
We're not gonna save everything and upload all your matches. That's just dumb. As usual, the best critiques are close matches in which you lose.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just go ahead and put your name and FC down. When Nys announces the next bi-weekly, just post a confirmation that you'll be showing up.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Welcome aboard Slaps; and yah I'd like to get things started by next weekend if that's cool with you guys. So I'd be hosting the first one on Sunday the 19th, same time as usual (3 pm EST).

Now, because we're starting a new season, all statistics will be starting fresh, so that means I'll be deleting them all from the OP. I'll wait a few days to do that in case any of you get some strange nostalgic urge to look over your stats from last season one more time.

Obviously last season's PR will stay up, as will the PR from each season so we can see how different players have improved over the months. Also because we'll hopefully be able to have the PR tourney one of these days; make sure you guys let me know as soon as you can get your WiFi working Bored/San/anyone else on the PR who can't.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good idea, yah I'd almost forgotten about that seasonal update. I'll maybe give everyone a week to get their new ratios in before I update the averages, I think there may be some new Ike mains who've been here long enough to qualify for adding their input as well.

Top Bottom