• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Alright ladies and *****es, here is the new PR. It was a heck of a struggle to decide a lot of spots, but we were able to decide this in a calm and appropriate fashion (San unleashed his black side. See this video for a better description)

1. San (As Simple Plan once sang, "Peerrrrrfeeeeccct")
2. RedX (So much for being in a slump. Retained his spot after a huge drop last week)
3. Bored (Went perfect last bi-weekly, and beat rank 4 and 5)
4. Nysyarc (Something about him being Canadian gave him the 4th spot)
5. Ussi (Something about him being Indian gave him the 5th spot)
6. Brett (Something about him being a failed white kid gave him the 6th spot)
7. HollowCore (Newcomer. Really impressed us in his first bi-weekly, and we hope he continues to do so)
8. Foodies (This was tough, but we decided to give it to her instead of Pino due to more consistency)

Honorable Mention: Pinoymk.

If you guys have any questions or comments about the rankings, feel free to post your thoughts.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
1. San - Black
2. RedX - Asian-Asian
3. Bored - Paki-Asian
4. Nysyarc - Canadian
5. Ussi - Indian-Asian
6. Brett - White
7. HollowCore - Asian
8. Foodies - Girl

I love the variety. Just sayin.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
4,5, and 6, were basically dead even. We actually just rolled a D6 to decide those ones.

Foodies is a girl, so we gave her spot 8. We'd rather have some sandwiches than a sausage fest.

Cristina is a girl too, and I think Global-Wolf is too (?), but they're not so willing to make amazing, backwards piano-shaped sandwiches.

Also, there can only be one girl in the PR right now because there's only one slot #8 right now.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job, people. Hope everyone's satisfied with how everything's proceeding thus far.

@Brett, we get sammiches in order of PR number, so you'll have to wait a little while longer.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
4,5, and 6, were basically dead even. We actually just rolled a D6 to decide those ones.

Foodies is a girl, so we gave her spot 8. We'd rather have some sandwiches than a sausage fest.

Cristina is a girl too, and I think Global-Wolf is too (?), but they're not so willing to make amazing, backwards piano-shaped sandwiches.

Also, there can only be one girl in the PR right now because there's only one slot #8 right now.
I never laughed at every sentence in a post until this.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Foodies will be pretty worn out after making me about 10 sammiches. Hell I'd hate to see how much San and Bored will eat.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Go ahead and take me off the wifi bi-weeklies list. I doubt I'll be able to attend any of them.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that I'm on the PR...lol you guys and your sammiches.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fight hard to keep your ranking Foodies, you're a prime target to beat now as beating you counts towards a quality win

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Haha, we should have a point system now that I think about it. Make up some wacky formula. Heck, instead of points, make it a "bounty" (ONE PIECE?!). It would make it more fun.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
aww crap, thers goes my spot, need to work ym way back onto it again, although it's meant to help further your playstyle, i always end up reverting back to the same old crappy playstyle which i've been trying to remove from my game.
well i have a weeklong smashfest to re-learn how to play, wish me luck guys

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Puff, I played piano self-taught until Violin was introduced to me. I found it so lovely and stuff like that... (I actually started playing piano shortly after I failed by breaking the D string on my first violin...)

Anyways, don't you worry. I'll be in the PRs soon and prove all of your wrong about your sammich stoofs. =/ 'Cause I won't make any of you sammiches.

..........Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe San since his Ike swept me off the stage. Literally.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think she likes you, San.

Also, Cristina, you're not on PR because I heard it's a TWO year rule, not a THREE year rule, and that it only applies to 17-year-olds.

I don't commit felonies.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Alright, that does it, I'm buying a remote that has a c stick that works, and I'm gonna practice.... Like a boss, and my goal for at least next time's biweekly is to have a winning record, and I am also going to get back my 8 ranked spot

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That sounds ******, San shouldn't get a bounty though, it should be "Pray that you never meet this man"..

or he can be King of the Pirates

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Guys, I have a really cool idea to create a bounty point system.
That's an awesome idea Brett, it's a shame nobody thought of that before.

Srs though, that sounds like it could be a good idea, but the bounties would have to change every bi-weekly based on the PR and stuff and... I dunno. What details did you have in mind on exactly how it would work Bored?

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Srs though, that sounds like it could be a good idea, but the bounties would have to change every bi-weekly based on the PR and stuff and... I dunno. What details did you have in mind on exactly how it would work Bored?

I haven't gotten into much detail about how we would go about it. I was thinking of googling for a simple formula, or just having the PR make the bounties ala The Marine HQ.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is there a way for a points system to be implemented that's friendly to new people joining, or am I thinking of the wrong thing?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bored's avatar is underneath the eyepatch.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
EDIT: WHOA, this is a long post. But it's worth reading... (In my opinion, lol)...

Huh...

S-S-S-SUBJECT CHANGER. ---v v v v

So, I never realized how much competitive brawling meant to me until yesterday (was meaning to post this yesterday but never got around to it).

In my game dev. class, one of the TAs said he had a Wii and Brawl with him, so I played a FFA. Terrible things happened...

FIRST: I changed my controls. (The guys were like, whut? Whai so complicated?)
SECOND: I changed the rules to tournament rules (and they all looked at me like durr? Stock? Whut?)
THIRD: The main TA chose that Ice Climbers stage.... (lol banned much?) But I was quiet to let it slide since they're all just... Yeah.
FOURTH: I'm fighting... I'm fight-----ITEMS? What the--?!

^ ^ ^ -- So I ask them to turn off the items... And EVERY Brawler in the Game Dev. class begins to rant. "The items make the game fun" says one guy. "What's the point in putting items in the game if you're not going to use them" asks a girl.

They said things like, "Brawl's just button smashing." And some nerdy looking guy said, "Brawl CANNOT be competitive."<--- Seriously? I told him to go to a local tournament to see the "competition" and he said, "I'd rather not, 'cause all I'll see is a bunch of button smashing."

While knocking out two of the players, I entered a 1v1 on someone using Kirby. So a smashball comes out (lolwut!?) and I grab it. I said, "I am NOT going to use the smashball. It's unfair, stupid, and unlike a player like me." The guy as Kirby said, "Kirby doesn't care. Kirby's gonna get the smashball and when Kirby does, Kirby's going to use it." He eventually got the smashball out of me and used it RIGHT away, ending the game with my death.

Some of them started saying I took Brawl too seriously and make the game dull and uninteresting by taking the items off. Even a kid asked me today why I play with the items off. I said it was because they're annoying, stupid, and cause enormous unfair advantages for the people who don't get them, competitive player or not.

I think I was/am overreacting. And this is not really the place to be posting this, but err...

:ohwell:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, nah you're not overreacting at all, you just have the attitude of a competitive Brawler now, which is a good thing. I cannot stand items, they're dumb and the game is fun without them. I'd suggest not playing Brawl with those people anymore though, unless you can convince them to play with competitive settings, because playing FFAs on janky stages with items usually causes people to regress pretty quickly.

It certainly doesn't promote improvement anyway...

global-wolf

Smash Champion
It promotes improvement up until a certain level... I spent January-May playing almost all with anyone mode (I got Brawl in December) and I've definitely improved since then. Items don't annoy me much. (Except hammers... ugh.)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Changing the subject? What are you trying to avoid? Hmmm..... *glares*

Anyway, games are meant to be fun. Relax about the whole competitive thing with other people, unless you know they play that way too. Me and my brother usually play competitively, but every now and then and when friends are over (they usually don't like playing competitively because I beat them) we have FFAs with items on at high and random stages or really kooky stages made at Stage Builder. We even made our own game called "Who can KO Bowser the most in X minutes". The competitive scene is there, but don't forget it's just for fun. Heck I even have fun playing competitively, such as in the bi-weekly (which is what this thread really should be about, but meh). I digress, continue your subject changing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The only way to improve when playing with items is if you make a point to practice things like DACIT every time you grab an item. There's no benefit to competitive play by becoming a pro with a Cracker Launcher, lol. Up to a certain level FFAs help, sure, but once you start playing competitive players with competitive settings you shouldn't go back.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yeah, my good friend today said, "I want to play the Wii." And I replied with, "I'm never playing Smash with these guys again." HOWEVER, during break, a TA said, "Want to play Smash? I'm willing to play with your rules for your competitive sake." I was GLAD to hear that and versed him and others as well on DECENT stages, no items, and 1v1. I refuse to play with those items ever again though.

And Jam... Lol... I'm not trying to avoid anything. :p

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
You can easily spotdodge/airdodge kirby's Final smash, you know. :D But yeah, I don't like playing with items too much, unless I'm just messing around with friends. Though if you are better than those people, items shouldn't make that much of a difference unless you are unlucky/stubborn (I would have torched that Kirby >_>) If anything you should prove how unfair items can be by using them to their maximum potential.

Sort of reminds me of something that happened recently: (paraphrased of course)
Him: OMGs i gotz a hammer yay! *charges at me*
Me: ... *shieldgrab, bthrow off stage. He dies*
Crowd: WTF?!
Me: :bee:

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
You would think that, wouldn't you, Foodies? I WAS in fact a lot better than all of them combined, but with a FFA combined with the Ice Climbers fish eating me, combined with EVERY item on high... It didn't end well. When I versed everyone today 1v1, I literally 3 stocked them all. (That's how terrible/cheap/bad they were abusing the items and crap like that...)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I always counter people with he hammer. They NEVER think of just waiting the counter out cause they are playing with items in the first place wahahahahaha

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You gotta learn about the people around you if you want to have fun. When I play with my friends, I don't mind using items, cause I'm playing for the lulzies. Heck, have fun with it, and you'll be laughing at all the random things happening on screen. Go serious with no items, stock, timer when I play competitively. Chill out, and play with pure nonsense casually.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
^ They were making fun of my skill level before playing, I told them not to underestimate me. I lost that battle, too. So that made it even worse. It lingered on until today, since I didn't get a chance to fight any one of them that same day again.

Sure, I'd enjoy items when playing with friends like that, but make me the laughing stock two/three times in a row, and no, I'm serious.

EDIT: And lol, Ussi. I counter with the Hammer too. xD

Top Bottom