• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's to get a basic feel for the moves. <.< CPUs give a person way more practice than basic brawl. And practicing against them in general isn't ever a bad idea.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Meh. Since I already know most MUs to a certain extent, playing with lvl 9 CPUs, if I get hit, it means that it was possible for them to hit me/punish me, so makes me think about approaches and spacing a bit.

CPUs are not good for learning MUs. Not even most people too lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dude D: I know you from before. The Pit guy that was put in one of your combo videos lol.
That's you? I didn't assume it, since you had a Marth logo next to your name. I thought you quit life or something.

Ughh, I kept fighting with the control scheme. I'm still kinda fighting the control scheme.
It's gonna take some time to get used to, and on top of that, you have to break in your controller (I'm doing that as well). You'll be making a lot of errors, but once you get it down via muscle memory, you can start working on the basic principles of Ike.

And just to make fun of you. And just to make fun of you.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P well I never recommended it for MU's.

lol Bored One, I didn't quit life, I just quit Pit.

<.<;; kind of wishing I didn't though. I'm sure I'd be a bit happier with my overall progress.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Not even most people too lol.
This is a good point and makes me think, how exactly do you define what a MU is when no two players use a character exactly the same way? If your goal is to beat a certain player, the best way to practice doing so is to play against that player and figure out his/her habits and style of playing.

You can only be as good as those you practice against. You'll likely never improve by fighting against mediocre players all the time. All you can know about a MU are the raw facts that are brought up in a MU discussion; but there's a big difference between knowing what you can do to another character and actually doing it in the moment.

:034:

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yeah, I love doing Basic Brawls, Kola. I did a few CPU battles just to get used to my controls and then I hit online. I keep hitting special attack when I want to basic attack, basic attack when I want to jump, and bair, fair, or nair when I want to recover. =/ Yep, it's gonna take me some time. xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Nair off stage when trying to recover..*shudder*

lol well I hope it doesn't end up taking too long. The Ike boards *that play wifi* and myself are always up for friendlies when you're not wanting to duke it out on basic brawl.

Meh I've still got to work on my Ike's spacing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
;P well I never recommended it for MU's.

lol Bored One, I didn't quit life, I just quit Pit.

<.<;; kind of wishing I didn't though. I'm sure I'd be a bit happier with my overall progress.
Well that's good you quit Pit. No one likes a girly boy anyways.

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting on tonight and getting some practice in. Let me know if anyone wants to play. I have my AIM sn next to my name.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Nair off stage when trying to recover..*shudder*

lol well I hope it doesn't end up taking too long. The Ike boards *that play wifi* and myself are always up for friendlies when you're not wanting to duke it out on basic brawl.

Meh I've still got to work on my Ike's spacing.
I KNOW, it's horrible. :urg: Especially with Ike, it's COMPLETE fail.

I hope not either, so I can make it for the next Biweekly and hopefully be a bit better than fail. XD And mmkay, I'll note that. It is better to friendly with you guys anyways. Don't get those random FFA rooms with items on... :\

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I might play you later Bored, I'll be waiting around in AiM anyways, which is Nysyarc (bet you didn't see that coming).

Anytime I'm online any of you guys/gals can VM me or whatever if you want to friendly. If I'm on SWF my Wii is never far away. I can friendly you anytime Cristina if it means getting you away from Basic Brawls for practice, only bad things can happen in there, lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
why can't you people use msn? D: I hate aim....

I want to play some games right now before i head to bed cause it'll be the last time i get to play for a week

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I can friendly you anytime Cristina if it means getting you away from Basic Brawls for practice, only bad things can happen in there, lol.
I saw you online earlier. XD It is better to know what you're fighting. And ppl tend to have HORRIBLE connections anyways.

why can't you people use msn? D: I hate aim....

I want to play some games right now before i head to bed cause it'll be the last time i get to play for a week
I KNOW RIGHT? AIM is really dumb, in my opinion. I love MSN. xD

Versing anyone now? My bro wants my laptop anyways. :\

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I think if you can post on a forum you shouldn't have trouble asking people if they want to play. After the first time it should be easy. I discovered free play a few weeks ago, and it's much better than the "with anyone" mode.

Also, I'm usually online weekday afternoons (PST) if anyone wants to friendly. :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol you guys

xD Bored one is right though. He probably shouldn't have been as blunt about it but eh, life.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I for one completely understand, it's like me with the IRL name thing. Except that didn't turn out to be a big deal in the end with your name. I think you should go for it, the free play is all friendlies so there's no pressure, but you'll be playing 1v1 against many different characters and play-styles, so it's great for match-up experience.

Obviously it's your decision, just having friendlies with some of us here once in awhile is fine too. Think of With Friends mode as a patch to get over With Anyone mode, lol. I'll admit that I played With Anyone quite a bit even after first joining SWF, but I haven't gone back in there for almost a year now.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Oof, okay. Noted. I'll just have to be deleting a lot of people. My list just got maxed by adding the biweekly participants. xD

EDIT: Kola and I did go team battle hunting over there during the time of that tournament we were supposed to participate in (but it was poorly planned and therefore never happened). But HE was the one who always found the people. I just sat there and waited. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, or you could jsut do into a wifi 'clan' and mess about with people in there, i know this one place thats got okayish people, but theyre not really the sort to challenge you other than this kid whos no.1 in the middle east...out of the 5 that play it XD

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I was in a Wifi clan for some time, battled a lot of the people there, but I eventually stopped getting on Xat (that's what they used) and that's when I started hating it because of the stupid people who kept stalking me and making a scene. >.>

Edit: Heyyy, I'm not doing too bad with the GC Controller now. [: Getting pretty used to it. Anyone wanna friendly later?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I was in a Wifi clan for some time, battled a lot of the people there, but I eventually stopped getting on Xat (that's what they used) and that's when I started hating it because of the stupid people who kept stalking me and making a scene. >.>

Edit: Heyyy, I'm not doing too bad with the GC Controller now. [: Getting pretty used to it. Anyone wanna friendly later?
sure ill paly you, is about now good for you?
meet you in ike chat if you want to paly

@bored: yes i do, i have no regrets

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You don't need an account to use the Xat, it'll give you a weird default name and then you just enter whatever name you want and it saves that name to your computer for the next time you use a Xat.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You don't need an account to use the Xat, it'll give you a weird default name and then you just enter whatever name you want and it saves that name to your computer for the next time you use a Xat.

speaking of xat
anyone know why im banned?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
waht is with all the people not having computer accessible? (spend forever trying to spell accessible, god dammit)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok. I'll be online soon.

Edit: Room was full. I'll wait to play until my Uncle gets home with his laptop.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'll be able to play the next one since I hit my Wii and it works now....I'M BEING COMPLETELY SERIOUS.

Top Bottom