• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay sort of a noob question, but honestly idk, can someone explain the Power-rankings panelist?
The Power Rankings Panel will be a group of 5 people (including myself, Brett, Bored and two others who we will decide on once we get some more applicants), who will get together after each bi-weekly and discuss what the updated Power Rankings should look like based on the new stats gathered. It wouldn't be too hard if you're interested, just give your input on a PR list, explain why, and maybe debate for a little bit before we all reach a consensus.

So far the only volunteers are Ussi and Cristina, so if anyone else wants in on it, you should apply soon. I don't think I'll actually set a date when this ends or anything, not sure when we'll close applications at this point.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Well, I used to be part of the Kansas PR, so I suppose I can get in this. I'll perhaps play devil's advocate. Then again, I haven't really participated in any wifi event, yet.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
The Power Rankings Panel will be a group of 5 people (including myself, Brett, Bored and two others who we will decide on once we get some more applicants), who will get together after each bi-weekly and discuss what the updated Power Rankings should look like based on the new stats gathered. It wouldn't be too hard if you're interested, just give your input on a PR list, explain why, and maybe debate for a little bit before we all reach a consensus.

So far the only volunteers are Ussi and Cristina, so if anyone else wants in on it, you should apply soon. I don't think I'll actually set a date when this ends or anything, not sure when we'll close applications at this point.

Okay, well I might do this then, but I'll decide by tomorrow, but I think I will do this

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay cool, Mr. Doom I added you to our list of applicants, and I'll add you if you decide to for sure Sauron. Anyone else who wants to apply, go right ahead.

Edit: Ninja'd by San. I'll add you to the list too, lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No, ComboKing is probably going to remain at dead last.
You can't even be the best at being worst.

By the way, San, chances are looking PITIFULLY LOW for you to be on this panel. We've concluded you need a better attitude and just to get better at this game so you can help out the Ike community. GTFO these boards.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I see. Yeah, I need to observe Señor Doom's example and learn from him. Don't worry, I'm not kimchi or Metroid so lurking isn't my thing.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You guys don't know how white I can be. Give me 10 minutes and I just might pull an Uncle Ruckus on you.

Edit: I just looked at the youtube video, and I loled.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, uncle ruckus, wtf...
for the record, ill go for the pr panelist too. probably won't get on, but i might as well go fro it, i wanna help **** out

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I do! You were my partner for that doubles tournament that never happend. T-T

:p I didn't know you still posted here.
Forgot to reply to this:

I know right? I bet we would've done... Decent... Dx

But yeah, I only posted on Smashboards for the monthly local tournament at the mall, but I decided to look on the Ike boards for no reason at all and saw a Bi-Weekly tournament. I read through the rules and stuff and decided to join in to learn some things. [:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, after some discussion and a vote, Brett, Bored and myself have decided on Ussi and San to be the final two PR panelists. If you applied but didn't make it on the panel, don't worry about it, it's not a huge privilege you're missing out on or anything. Thank you to everyone who applied for showing your support for this though!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Basically the deciding factor between Ussi and Mr Doom was attendance to the Biweeklies. Other than that, we were pretty torn between the two for out 5th panelist.

Also, get *****, GP. Gender identification fail.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
jesus christ, how many girls are we spawning here?
not that i'm complaining of course XP
Surely you aren't thinking I'm a girl right? lol
My enjoyment for having Kanade for my avatar must be a bad thing.

Umm, Kola is a guy. ._______.
^ This

lots of guys love to have anime girls in their sigs and avatars
Yea, I know for sure I'm not the only one. Inui,Gnes xD Peach boards?

Forgot to reply to this:

I know right? I bet we would've done... Decent... Dx

But yeah, I only posted on Smashboards for the monthly local tournament at the mall, but I decided to look on the Ike boards for no reason at all and saw a Bi-Weekly tournament. I read through the rules and stuff and decided to join in to learn some things. [:
Thats good! I'm joining these to learn too. How are you doing in your offline tournaments?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I couldn't even tell if the person in Kola's avatar was a guy or girl. That's when you just stay quiet.

In any case, I agree with our panelist decision, and I hope no one is upset. This has nothing to do with being a "good" Ike, but rather the knowledge they have (Niddo was a candidate as well), and the composure in carrying yourself in a debate. I'm sure things will come up in the future where a panelist can no longer attend bi-weeklies, and someone else will have to step up. For now though, this is how we're gonna roll.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i make a comment about genders and suddenly im targeting only one guy.
no it just seems we've spawn girl ike mains when i never knew he was used by girls.

srsly, my thoughts on the female tier list:
top tier:
pikachu
pit
kirby
bottom tier:
the rest

not being sexist or anything XD

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Thats good! I'm joining these to learn too. How are you doing in your offline tournaments?
Cool. In the offline tourneys, I normally get beat by the first person, win my next battle, then get owned again. It's been like that for a while now, lmao. Dx After watching my Ike do some decent damage against a Pro's G&W (the guy kept saying, "What the heck is going on? What's the match-up for these two? All of Ike's attacks just go right through mine!") then I decided to use Ike more often. (It was also a suggestion of some of the guys at it).

Btw, my avatar is the Ike from the picture I drew for our team, remember? But I decided to color him in. XD

no it just seems we've spawn girl ike mains when i never knew he was used by girls.

top tier:
pikachu
pit
kirby
bottom tier:
the rest

I don't really use any of those. ESPECIALLY Pikachu. D:<

------------------

PS. - I bought a Gamecube controller today. :p It's gonna take me a LONG time to get used to it. I was in practice mode and tried to kill Lucas (mind you he's just standing on the left edge of FD) and within like 20 seconds I killed myself THREE times until actually hitting him. I kept jumping and accidentally using QD lol...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well yeah, thats because my exaggerrated idea of female brawlers is obviously so far gone its beyond rescue.
also, put lucas, marth and r.o.b in high tier for that and its jsut about right.

you could always look at the small child tier list...
top tier:
sonic
link
high tier:
marth
ike
captain falcon
bottom tier (lol, it just took me five attempts to type 'bottom' corrently)
everyone else

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Little kids.... every single conceited one i play loves MK the most.The ones that are nicer love Ike and Snake

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never asked for your love anyways.

I'm guessing it's the white GC controller, since those are the only new ones they make? Otherwise it would have to be a used controller.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

top tier:
pikachu
pit
kirby
bottom tier:
the rest

A real good friend of used to use Ike and she was a girl. I'm not sure if she posted in the Ike boards but at one time she used to visit frequently.
Aurorazoni was her screen name.

I also recall there being an Ike Angel, and there is one on AIB currently co leading an all Ike group.

But for the most part your list seems slightly accurate. Pit is popular and my cousin loved Kirby. :p shh she was bad at this game though.

I couldn't even tell if the person in Kola's avatar was a guy or girl. That's when you just stay quiet.
xP Wait you weren't sure?
Dude D: I know you from before. The Pit guy that was put in one of your combo videos lol.

Cool. In the offline tourneys, I normally get beat by the first person, win my next battle, then get owned again. It's been like that for a while now, lmao. Dx After watching my Ike do some decent damage against a Pro's G&W (the guy kept saying, "What the heck is going on? What's the match-up for these two? All of Ike's attacks just go right through mine!") then I decided to use Ike more often. (It was also a suggestion of some of the guys at it).

Btw, my avatar is the Ike from the picture I drew for our team, remember? But I decided to color him in. XD

------------------

PS. - I bought a Gamecube controller today. :p It's gonna take me a LONG time to get used to it. I was in practice mode and tried to kill Lucas (mind you he's just standing on the left edge of FD) and within like 20 seconds I killed myself THREE times until actually hitting him. I kept jumping and accidentally using QD lol...
Keep at it. :p The more you play the better you'll get. Just make sure to put videos up of your Ike for critiques and to read a bit on the boards. Then Perhaps one day you could be the only girl to have a ranked Ike on the PR.
<.<;; actually Ike has been making his way to a lot of PRs recently. Interesting.

XD I also remember the picture. You drew yourself as Zelda right?

GC Controller > everything. There's no way I'd feel ok using a Wiimote. I don't see how people play with it lol.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Keep at it. :p The more you play the better you'll get. Just make sure to put videos up of your Ike for critiques and to read a bit on the boards. Then Perhaps one day you could be the only girl to have a ranked Ike on the PR.
<.<;; actually Ike has been making his way to a lot of PRs recently. Interesting.

XD I also remember the picture. You drew yourself as Zelda right?

GC Controller > everything. There's no way I'd feel ok using a Wiimote. I don't see how people play with it lol.
Woohoo. After the last biweekly, I kinda fell apart with Ike. Every Basic Brawl I fought, I got like 4 deaths and 0 kills, LMAO.

Yep, I sure did. I'm still pretty good with Zelda. [:

Ughh, I kept fighting with the control scheme. I'm still kinda fighting the control scheme. Dx I'm so used to jumping/shielding/dodging with my left hand that I'm starting to think GC Controllers won't even work for me. T__T

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah it's ok, people have slumps. But you practice on Basic Brawl?
I think practicing against LV 8 or LV 3 Cpu's would be better if you're not wanting to play others. Especially if you're learning a new characters.

Just try not to get frustrated with the new controller, in the long run I think it will end up being better for you than a gamecube controller.

If there is an Ike out there using a wiimote, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Practicing against CPUs is one of the stupidest things to do.

They don't know all any ATs, and they fall into predictable patterns. You won't learn a character by doing that, beyond "This is what his Nair looks like"

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Practicing against CPUs is one of the stupidest things to do.

They don't know all any ATs, and they fall into predictable patterns. You won't learn a character by doing that, beyond "This is what his Nair looks like"
I have to agree with that. Plus, they in a way know everything what your about to do. For example, if you try to hit him in the air, he just dodges. Even if you try to play a mind game, it doesn't fool him. That is how stupid playing a CPU is, because like Niddo said, they are predictable, and real humans can't even predict every single move, noone is perfect

-RedX-

Smash Lord
M2K practices against Level 3 Snakes to beat Ally.
And since X almost beat M2K in a set recently, he's probably gonna practice against Level 3 Sonics. >.>

Top Bottom