• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If They Didn't Hate Me Before, They Will Now: Vayseth's Official Chaingrab Thread

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I've done it consistently against a level 9 CPU. I've also done it a couple times to my friend who has a fairly good Wario. I'm almost sure it works.

Now, Utilt I have trouble landing. Do you have to walk forward and do it? Is there a certain window? I can't seem to nail it at all.

Bwa

Smash Cadet

Now, Utilt I have trouble landing. Do you have to walk forward and do it? Is there a certain window? I can't seem to nail it at all.
Yes, you have to walk a bit, like walking cg on bowser :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dedede must be the easiest character to use.

Hola, mi nombre es Metacaballero. I spam Tornado y Dsmash para ganar. A veces ni siquiera hacen eso y sólo ir a la cornisa. Dedede es más fácil de jugar que yo?

10bitterganonmainsapparentlyliketrollingmorethanpracticing

RATED

Smash Lord

Hola, mi nombre es Metacaballero. I spam Tornado y Dsmash para ganar. A veces ni siquiera hacen eso y sólo ir a la cornisa. Dedede es más fácil de jugar que yo?

10bitterganonmainsapparentlyliketrollingmorethanpracticing
ok.... I can't believe u know spanish.... and me talking my "bad" english with u at aim... LOL! btw Gates this is just broken u won. y q Dedede el personaje mas facil d usar... me da risa.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
escribiste casi perfecto , seriously

the only thing is that spanish is kinda hard to learn I know that. since it have "acentos" and the verbs are kinda weird...
No trust me the accents are easy to point out by the way you say the word. It's just that I'm too lazy to type the extra stuff from a character map or something lol.
Verbs aren't weird as we all know that Spanish is spelled exactly as it sounds, except the letter "h".
Are there any words that start with the letter "k" at all in Spanish?
Oh! And "se" is the Yo form of saber, I gotcha. I forgot that haha.

RATED

Smash Lord
No trust me the accents are easy to point out by the way you say the word. It's just that I'm too lazy to type the extra stuff from a character map or something lol.
Verbs aren't weird as we all know that Spanish is spelled exactly as it sounds, except the letter "h".
Are there any words that start with the letter "k" at all in Spanish?
Oh! And "se" is the Yo form of saber, I gotcha. I forgot that haha.
con K pues Kanguro, karate,

Buuman

Smash Ace
Vayseth, this is one of the most fulfilling threads in the dedede boards. The grab release/air release etc. have been an enigma to many players even outside the dedede boards. Amazing thread

For the past few months, I've felt like the Dedede boards are progressively becoming a joke. I felt like no one cared enough to enhance his metagame. You can't shun the fact that some of the players in the dedede boards, offer little advice these days, surface non practical scenarios and useless tricks, and for the most part even state the dededes metagame has reached the peak, and he is truly a dying character (That's BS). And our most active thread is a spam thread. Don't get me wrong guys, it's a great social thing, but that's what aim and facebook is for.

Essentially, I have not updated my thread in awhile, because I feel it's a wasted cause. It seemed like no one cared to contribute, and were just giving up, summarizing dededes strategy with "Chaingrab and bair"

But finally, a great boost of knowledge has been spawned by Vayseth (who I honestly thought had given up with enhancing dedede and like myself and many other respectable dedede players thought he became inactive). But this is great, this is the part of King Dededes game that has been deemed risky, confusing, problematic, and just plain mysterious. (I'm not saying it's all out in the fray, because we all know, I hope, wario -> air released ->up tilt, snake -> down throw to edge -> down tilt, and the standing infinite) Aside from all that, no one has ultimately looked into this on the dedede boards, and most of us just by pass the true depth in to release grabs.

Amazing job Vayseth. This has inspired me, to reawaken and add the lot of stuff I have down in Mic word, that I honestly didn't feel like posting, because like I said, I didn't think anyone cared, and for a time, thought I was one of the only people contributing to the practical prefaces in dedede's meta game. But good stuff man. I'm sure you have inspired others to speculate dededes depth.

As far as the Yoshi re grab:

During a roll, left of right, during the initial rolling animation, certain characters, if not all, are vulnerable for some time before the invincibility kicks into gear. Now, what looked like to me, is the dedede went for a regrab (maybe thinking yoshi can be infinited? lol) and the yoshi initiated a roll towards dedede, not quite triggering the invincibility frames, but moving closer, just enough to the tip of dedede's standing grab.

Once again, thank you Vayseth, for bringing some light. I think this shows us all, that DEDEDE IS BACK IN THE GAME BABY! Don't give up guys, try to experiment. Think of the tricks and strategies that will be discovered within the next few years. Will you be credited with that future technique? Keep exploring fellas. This game is far from reaching the end of the meta game.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, currently I'm researching footstool stuff with Dedede. I made a list in the metagame thread.

Thats an interesting note on the Yoshi regrab :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its more likely that he just messed up the chain grab, especially since he was on Wifi.

Also, I have been exploring, mainly on ways to separate ICs. I don't believe DDD has reaches his peak, his moves are versatile, and we just need to explore more ways into using them. More on this later. But doing research against ICs makes me wish I lived next to Lain like Vayseth hahahaha.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Its more likely that he just messed up the chain grab, especially since he was on Wifi.

Also, I have been exploring, mainly on ways to separate ICs. I don't believe DDD has reaches his peak, his moves are versatile, and we just need to explore more ways into using them. More on this later. But doing research against ICs makes me wish I lived next to Lain like Vayseth hahahaha.
Why would you wish that kind of ICs torture on yourself? Actually, lain and I rarely play each other, we mostly just hang out. I used to play his ICs when he was first learning them, but now I don't play anything but his Snake and Marth. Which is nice, because I think ICs is a near unwinnable match up.

Also, Buuman: Thank you for your kind words. The truth is I've been pretty busy and I dropped out of tournaments and everything smash-related in general. Then sometime this month I went to a tournament, had an amazing time, and decided to finally publish my guide. I'm glad you all enjoy it and I hope to see DDD get better and better.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Sup Dedede boards. I basically dropped Brawl many months back for Melee and other various games, but I still have a lot of this Dedede stuff still in the ol' noggin.

I'll play around with it later, but I believe with the walking CG you had to wait till Wolf made a "clank" type noise when he goes back a bit after the Dthrow, then you can grab him again. In between the end of the throw and the clank noise you should be walking forward, which should result in another grab. I remember being able to do it somewhat consistently, but I don't remember testing it on many Wolf mains (1-2 at most).

If that happens to be wrong then I apologize, it's how I seem to recall doing it.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Vayseth did you know that if you grab a Yoshi out of his second jump and Dthrow, and edgehog with correct timing, its an automatic gimp?

Buuman

Smash Ace
Vayseth did you know that if you grab a Yoshi out of his second jump and Dthrow, and edgehog with correct timing, its an automatic gimp?
Serin did you know that's useless? If you grab a yoshi out of his second jump...don't do anything. Let him be released, he pops up away and his momentum is in the direction away from the stage so even if he wanted to get back with eggs, he can't. Edge hog if neccessary. Which it shouldn't be -_-

Buuman

Smash Ace
Vay I think what he means by "good timing" is you down throw at the very edge of the stage. If you do that then he doesnt get his jump back. It's just more beneficial to release grab him. cause if you pummel release or down throw, there could be a chance he could egg snap to the ledge.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Vay I think what he means by "good timing" is you down throw at the very edge of the stage. If you do that then he doesnt get his jump back. It's just more beneficial to release grab him. cause if you pummel release or down throw, there could be a chance he could egg snap to the ledge.
OH, right.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I've done this on PLENTY of Yoshi's that are good and none of them recovered with their second jump. Is that worth something or no?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So after like a year of playing Ness I'm pretty much back to maining D3 in tourney. Anyway I have a question. I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the dtilt after a dthrow on the ledge to connect on the characters that it can. It might be me not totally understanding Brawl's buffer system (if it needs to be buffered somehow), or I might be spacing it wrong. Would it be possible to get like specific instructions on how to properly space/buffer the dtilt after the dthrow? Thanks :)

This thread is too pro btw Vayseth.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So after like a year of playing Ness I'm pretty much back to maining D3 in tourney. Anyway I have a question. I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the dtilt after a dthrow on the ledge to connect on the characters that it can. It might be me not totally understanding Brawl's buffer system (if it needs to be buffered somehow), or I might be spacing it wrong. Would it be possible to get like specific instructions on how to properly space/buffer the dtilt after the dthrow? Thanks :)

This thread is too pro btw Vayseth.
On what character are you trying to dtilt at the edge?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Snake and ROB mostly. It seems like when I do get it the dtilt comes out earlier after the dthrow than when I don't get it so I would assume it has something to do with buffering it...could be wrong I guess.

Top Bottom