• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ICs vs Lucario is not in Lucario's favor lol. It's at worst even and probably not even that. The only dumb thing about the matchup is that you don't want to go to smashville because he can camp the platform very well. Other than that I don't even know why this matchup is that annoying to people(besides Lucario being generally annoying) you have to play very careful and near perfect in a lot of matchups more so than this imo (Marth, MK, Snake)
you need to play good lucarios. its definitely not as easy to fight them as you think it is. ridiculous hitboxes means nana can get ****ed easily.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Frozen is right.
Anyway, I say personally DK isn't hard for the IC Spam de-sink/ice blocks (lol) til' he approaches then beat his approach w/ almost anything in your inventory. (BTW when he approaches he should be aggravated because he got lots of damage trying to appraoch so his appraoch will be very easily punished).
If i'm wrong, I'm sry.....I don't play either chracter at all.
:)

Teh Future

Smash Master
MK is an even matchup for ICs, and it sure as heeeeelll isn't easy to play. Lucario vs ICs is not in Lucario's advantage as long as you dont go to smashville.

Frozen you have no idea who I have and haven't played.

and wtf at above poster. You have a bb sig, don't play either character, and post wrong information.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
MK is an even matchup for ICs, and it sure as heeeeelll isn't easy to play. Lucario vs ICs is not in Lucario's advantage as long as you dont go to smashville.

Frozen you have no idea who I have and haven't played.

and wtf at above poster. You have a bb sig, don't play either character, and post wrong information.
i know you lose to ganondorf. your argument is invalid.

but to humor you, do tell which lucario players you play on a regular basis.

swordgard

Smash Hero
i know you lose to ganondorf. your argument is invalid.

but to humor you, do tell which lucario players you play on a regular basis.
Actually, arguments are to be judged solely on their factual value, not on whom they are posted for. If you say however that lucario is easy from experience yet lose to ganondorf players, that is something else indeed. TBH i feel like just saying it's an easy matchup is stupid on the futures part, just bring in some reason why it's easy at least. Either way I pretty much gave up on this thread/ics boards.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ICs vs Lucario is not in Lucario's favor lol. It's at worst even and probably not even that. The only dumb thing about the matchup is that you don't want to go to smashville because he can camp the platform very well. Other than that I don't even know why this matchup is that annoying to people(besides Lucario being generally annoying) you have to play very careful and near perfect in a lot of matchups more so than this imo (Marth, MK, Snake)
lolololol

Read the info I provided for the MU.
Imagine Marth, but better separation and possible gimp tools, and overall safer moveset. Also imagine a tool that gets ridiculous with plats, doesn't afraid of uair much, separates really well, and a safe aerial moveset if used correctly, in exchange for a bit less range and a slower startup but harder to punish moveset due to low cooldown and lingering hitboxes. I really want Meep to tell it straight, that alone would satisfy my opinion regardless of how different his is on this MU since he's done the best in fighting Lucario at high levels of play thus far imo. As long as it isn't FD Lucario is going to be pretty good to go in this MU.
"You have much to learn".
~Meta Knight

Also for the record, I think DK is 40:60 IC's favor, pretty straightforward, except I think there's a possibility that it might be worse for DK (maybe 65:35 ICs, but I dunno how DK's zoning would be nullified). The problem is that IC's can't mess up whether it's in the CG or a critical read whether getting back to the stage or if he tries to go for a kill, but there's no way it's even lol.

meepxzero

Smash Master
lucario vs ic is even. I particularly dont like that match period...

Lucario's moveset doesnt make him win the match up. Its his dumb aura build up. Cging gets more difficult as the percentage goes up. Every lucario ive lost to was only because i messed up cging. If your going to factor in human error into a mu discussion then we do lose, but if ic are playing on point we win.

I dont even have much lucario practice, which is another factor. I beat a good 90% of the top mks out there and why is our ratio 40:60 mk?

Most mu discussions are based off of theory craft and human error is rarely put into play. If that really was the case then most of ic bad mus are always going to be the chars that we have the most difficult to cg against.

When i discuss match ups i usually am under the assumption the ic player wont ever mess up cging.

I guess for me the match up is lucarios advantage cuz i keep losing to him by a messed up cg -_- lol.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I never said the matchup is easy... lrn2rd.

Any even matchup with ICs the ICs player has to play really well for the matchup to actually seem even.

Its a harder matchup than usual, but it's still not hard in comparision to other cats

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lucario vs ic is even. I particularly dont like that match period...

Lucario's moveset doesnt make him win the match up. Its his dumb aura build up. Cging gets more difficult as the percentage goes up. Every lucario ive lost to was only because i messed up cging. If your going to factor in human error into a mu discussion then we do lose, but if ic are playing on point we win.

I dont even have much lucario practice, which is another factor. I beat a good 90% of the top mks out there and why is our ratio 40:60 mk?

Most mu discussions are based off of theory craft and human error is rarely put into play. If that really was the case then most of ic bad mus are always going to be the chars that we have the most difficult to cg against.

When i discuss match ups i usually am under the assumption the ic player wont ever mess up cging.

I guess for me the match up is lucarios advantage cuz i keep losing to him by a messed up cg -_- lol.
K, thanks for the input.

This is always an interesting discussion imo, because you really have to distinguish the difference between "highest level of play" and "inhuman levels of play", which I think the latter makes ICs God.
I personally feel that Lucario can play gay enough, but I still throw it as a pretty even MU (hence why I don't usually like "55:45's".) I think Lucario does better in terms of stages which make me leeeeaaaan towards this number but I think it's otherwise a pretty dead-locked MU.
Wait a minute, Zucco said you were able to CG him, did you mess up then too?

meepxzero

Smash Master
I messed up cging 3rd game against him. Frigate has weird slopes im not use to and it messes up my cg. The 2nd game i played him i almost 3 stocked him and i got him down to last stock first and last game.

Lucario can play extremely gay, but he has to work hard if all ic try to do is grab and use blizzard and ice blocks to set up grabs (low dmg attacks). Like I said earlier if ic are proficient with the cg lucario is gonna be at a disadvantage. If we 0-death all his stocks lucario's aura boost is nullified.

Its not inhuman to never mess up cging you see those crazy marvel players never messing up their infinites its just you have to practice a lot. I stopped putting time in practicing infinites.... I might go back to the basics again and just practice it nonstop. I seem to always lose lately because i mess up infinites lol...

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Im still in the process of learning chaingrabs on the last couple of characters.

I just cant stay effiecent cg'ing MetaKnight. I can only get him to 48% sometimes, its wishy-washy.

Also meep, I see you have MSN there, do you actually get on/ can I im you?

lain

Smash Master
I was playing like **** in those vids against Riple. I also used Snake, Marth, and SAMUS. Which ultimately made it way too close for comfort.

IC:DK is about 60:40 in IC's favor. Pivot grab forever.

I need to ponder about Lucario more. I seriously think it's even.

Prawn

Smash Master
I barely lost to PatG's lucario yesterday, first game was 1 stock high damage second game we were both at 1 stock low damage and he gimped me.

IMO he's one of the best lucarios out there, basically you need to finish CGs or you get fsmashed at 50 percent and die lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wanted to play Lain at the November M.A.S., but no he was too busy drawing attention with his Kennispam's MK vs Lain's IC's.

I wanted to play Lain since JJrocket is the only real IC main at the tournament, maybe if he does go to it again I can get a feel for the MU more. So far I feel it's in Lucario's favor, but the more I look at it, I think inexperience in the MU may be the reasons for such.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The Lucas boards are discussin the MU with the Ice Climbers now. You're input is very much appreciated.

Here is the :link2:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's vs Lucas is a very interesting matchup that I think is a lot closer to even than some people believe.

Prawn

Smash Master
we should do a new discussion.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TOON LINK DISCUSSION

Prawn

Smash Master
can we do a ditto discussion? That matchup is ballsack lol

Prawn

Smash Master
haha yeah thats why I'm looking into it LOL.

He knew the matchup so much better than me I've never played an IC with my IC. he's mad good though he should post here more.

If someone doesn't want to maintain this matchup thread can I? I spend a lot of my day at school with this idling in the background and I'm pretty sure I could handle writing good summarys and could drum up discussion.

Prawn

Smash Master
Hello people of the Ice Climber boards.

Bunny is letting me run this thread so I'm gonna give this a little longer on Donkey Kong, write the summary, and move ahead.

What matchup shall we discuss next? I'm thinking either the ditto, pit, pokemon trainer or game and watch could provide some good discussion, so let me hear what you guys would like to do next.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I dislike playing Game and Watch. But can we PLEASE do Lucas first? I don't understand at all how to play him. AT ALL.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I dislike playing Game and Watch. But can we PLEASE do Lucas first? I don't understand at all how to play him. AT ALL.
He was my original main. I could offer some advice on it if you'd like, but that's if we're gonna get the MU thread back on the road.

Prawn

Smash Master
Game and watch discussions starts NOW

I'll have the DK summary up tomo

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
there's no need for a MU discussion

you guys got hylian
he even brags that he's never lost to a G&W as IC's :p
just ask him lol

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
This match up is one I'm not particularly familiar with, as the only g&w player that I get the opportunity to play is ridiculously easy to get a grab on, which means he's doing something wrong. He's one of my easier characters to chain, so I rarely mess that up. With that being said, I'm not really sure what makes this mu hard or whatever.

Top Bottom