• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

lain

Smash Master
S.N.E.S.

Winners' bracket
Defeated Chaosmarth
Lost to M2k

Losers' bracket
Defeated KirinBlaze
Defeated Minus
Defeated Blackanese
Lost to Reflex

Overall placing: 13/48

WOW YOU ARE TOO GOOD Drk. PEACH. ALL HAIL THE PEACH OF DARKNESS

hova

Smash Champion
it's close to even or slightly ICs favor

it's hard to gimp Nana with Peach, i'd rather use Marth

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have grown tired of arrogant ***** like you. First off I am not even gonna put your azz on blast here with this crap for this is not the place for it. Seeing as there isn't much more about me than you know, talk to atomsk and Inui. I won't need to say anything. I'll have them but your dumbazz on blast for me.

But I can say this much. You really don't know nothing about match ups or explain ****. Just try to sound cool andf funny and show off for your goons here that laugh at your dumb jokes. And think all problems can be solved with pivot grabs. "look at me, I am Lain, I'm a top player, I can what I want amne be correct about it all. I can' be an azz cause I am a big name and all would laugh and respect me." You are one of the biggiest pile of crap for a top player I ever seen in my life. Why the hell you come here? You can contribute to ****. Wanna get a few laughs from your goons. Say a joke and have one laugh or hype you up sop you can feel like big man.

I'm actually the one explaining stuff here and trying to help people out. Not being a prick like you. You can be a top player and have people kiss your azz all they want and think you can just say what you want and be right. But I am not one of those fools lain. I actually know what I talk about and can back it up with facts. And not make lame jokes to cover up that you really don't know ****. Face it tool. Peach>IC. Your dumb ego or arrogance is not gonna cover you for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now outside this garbage. no one has come to prove that IC have the advantage here. They clearly do not. Even that one guy that said it was in IC favor stated stuff about the mach up that just states Peach has the advantage.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I have grown tired of arrogant ***** like you. First off I am not even gonna put your azz on blast here with this crap for this is not the place for it. Seeing as there isn't much more about me than you know, talk to atomsk and Inui. I won't need to say anything. I'll have them but your dumbazz on blast for me.

But I can say this much. You really don't know nothing about match ups or explain ****. Just try to sound cool andf funny and show off for your goons here that laugh at your dumb jokes. And think all problems can be solved with pivot grabs. "look at me, I am Lain, I'm a top player, I can what I want amne be correct about it all. I can' be an azz cause I am a big name and all would laugh and respect me." You are one of the biggiest pile of crap for a top player I ever seen in my life. Why the hell you come here? You can contribute to ****. Wanna get a few laughs from your goons. Say a joke and have one laugh or hype you up sop you can feel like big man.

I'm actually the one explaining stuff here and trying to help people out. Not being a prick like you. You can be a top player and have people kiss your azz all they want and think you can just say what you want and be right. But I am not one of those fools lain. I actually know what I talk about and can back it up with facts. And not make lame jokes to cover up that you really don't know ****. Face it tool. Peach>IC. Your dumb ego or arrogance is not gonna cover you for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now outside this garbage. no one has come to prove that IC have the advantage here. They clearly do not. Even that one guy that said it was in IC favor stated stuff about the mach up that just states Peach has the advantage.
I just dont argue anymore in this matchup thread, you will see in time when i release my matchup summary why i believe its in peachs favor.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh, and im agaisnt what lain is doing right now. Threatening with rankings doesnt show much, unless they are specifically asking for it(like hylian did last time).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just dont argue anymore in this matchup thread, you will see in time when i release my matchup summary why i believe its in peachs favor.
Trust me, I can imagine. it's a shame when I have IC players sending me messages about how stupid the IC boards are and think how IC>everything and are right about everything. Even IC's players who are not stupid are getting sick of this nonsese. Honestly, I have never in my life seen something like this on the boards for a match up talk.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8281052&postcount=38

This is what I posted on the Peach boards when they discussed us. I think it's pretty informative and non biased.

Dark.Pch, can you please not use "azz"? It's technically censor dodging. x.x Last warning.

Everyone else: Just discuss the matchup. No need to co-sign or bring rankings into this.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Trust me, I can imagine. it's a shame when I have IC players sending me messages about how stupid the IC boards are and think how IC>everything and are right about everything. Even IC's players who are not stupid are getting sick of this nonsese. Honestly, I have never in my life seen something like this on the boards for a match up talk.
God fail typo, i meant NOT in peachs favor XD.

The important point being, i dont discuss matchups here anymore, il come to it at some point, and il do a couple hours of testing to see if i can find new stuff.

Prawn

Smash Master
I just come to the IC boards cause I like pissing people off.

lulzy!

lain

Smash Master
Drk.Pch: Hi. Here's a bunch of stuff about the matchup where I basically tell you that I'll react to anything you do and you lose. Peach > IC's, lain sucks, I hate how famous he is, I don't know how to speak (or write, for that matter) coherently.

"look at me, I am Lain, I'm a top player, I can what I want amne be correct about it all. I can' be an azz cause I am a big name and all would laugh and respect me."

What the **** does this mean?!

FYI, I've provided an insane amount of info on the IC's and their matchups on top of beating nearly EVERY PLAYER in the U.S., applying what I say here to my ACTUAL recorded matches.

If I decide to troll then god **** it, I got mah rights!

Maybe I'll write some pointers on the matchup later. For now, a couple interesting tidbits.

- Blizzard desyncs **** this matchup. If peach throws a turnip, just hit A and have the other climber grab it. Otherwise she is too slow to do stuff now around the blizzard.

- Bair vs her floating is good but stupid-hard to space.

- Mixing up IB's and blizzards = gg

Oh man let's see how mad drk peach will be.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lain, I can honestly give two ****s on what you have to say anymore. You are not important to me or freaking matter to me. I rather discuss this with the likes of Atomsk who I have more respect for and is a respectful person than you are.

Prawn

Smash Master
lain, I Can Honestly Give Two ****s On What You Have To Say Anymore. You Are Not Important To Me Or Freaking Matter To Me. I Rather Discuss This With The Likes Of Atomsk Who I Have More Respect For And Is A Respectful Person Than You Are.

tl;dr What You Say Is Right And I Can't Refute It
Zinnnnnnnnnng

EDIT:

Yes I got 2 infractions! uh son thats numbas 3 and 4 since I been here holla at yo boy.

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Lain, I can honestly give two ****s on what you have to say anymore. You are not important to me or freaking matter to me. I rather discuss this with the likes of Atomsk who I have more respect for and is a respectful person than you are.
Dood thats fine but dont think that people respect Lain because he's Lain they respect Lain because hes a good player and knows what he talkin about. secondly a lot of ppl dont respect Lain lol they could care less but, dont bash him and say he doesnt know what hes talkin about cuz clearly he does lol and yes Lain im gonna give u **** for this until u stomp him Peirce come on man!@!

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol @ this thread. Theres so much heated discussions. Me and lain always hold back info because if we shared everything this character would literally get banned. Mind games. If you really want something detailed u can aim me otherwise i give up sharing stuff on the boards.

There i said it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i still think peach gets off in this matchup : D ahah

but ic's too

even son

u can really pivot grab fair O_o

remind me to not attack ic's when they are running away and just pull a turnip

ur guys' anti turnip stuff are not that effective lol turnip still wins the long range game over blizzard.... u guys say 'catch it' but that's kinda hard to do when one ic is using blizzard. and even if u do catch it, what are u gonna do? throw it back? peach is not gonna get hit by that and probably have another turnip in her hand by then (or hitting u with fair)

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol @ this thread. Theres so much heated discussions. Me and lain always hold back info because if we shared everything this character would literally get banned. Mind games. If you really want something detailed u can aim me otherwise i give up sharing stuff on the boards.

There i said it.
And this is why i always do my own research and literally find stuff noone knows about(remember that controlling Nana DI thingy, hell yeah XD ).

Xyless

Smash Master
I agree with lain. Though I have never seen him IC against Peach (jerk, always going Dedede), I can easily imagine a well desynced blizzard game pretty much halting the Peach aerial game. Also, I think bair outprioritizes Peach's air game, and uair beats our dair.

However, Peach can really rack up damage with dair if positioned correctly, and she is really good at splitting the pair up.

Teh Future

Smash Master
spacing bairs is bad b/c peach can just float back and fair you in cooldown.

Peach is prob. the best character in the game for punishing arieals like this imo, its really dumb.

@lain lol Ive never tried catching turnups while desynced sounds loly. I DO know that if she is floating low w/ a turnup you can dysync + full hop ice block with popo to hit the turnup and then blizzard w/ nana, this can lead to a grab.

Situational stuff ftw lol.

I still think that if you guys are pivot grabbing fair then the peach is spacing it wrong

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
dont underestimate the power of the pivot grab. its how we win most match ups lol. also i do believe bairs are very useful when she is floating towards you.

hova

Smash Champion
i love how every character board advises people to catch turnips and claims that turnips aren't a problem for their match up

trust me, turnips are bad for all of you

Prawn

Smash Master
i love how every character board advises people to catch turnips and claims that turnips aren't a problem for their match up

trust me, turnips are bad for all of you
See how many turnips you pull between desync'd iceblocks :rolleyes:

swordgard

Smash Hero
See how many turnips you pull between desync'd iceblocks :rolleyes:
Actually its very easy for peach to pull a turnip between ice blocks.

Dtilt(reflects ice blocks), pull turnip while going backward.

EDIT LOL tourney pull

swordgard

Smash Hero
lul haha i'm glad someone already pointed that out. Peach can retreat bonewalk/or pull a meno *freepull* haha

edit

? link to this please
Thats the point, i never released it to the public. I will after bisb 2(this weekend) and il release also some other stuff, youl probably spot some of these if you watch me play on the stream.

Lol, peach takes whol tourneys in 1 pull XD

Teh Future

Smash Master
dont underestimate the power of the pivot grab. its how we win most match ups lol. also i do believe bairs are very useful when she is floating towards you.
You can use bairs/nairs when she is floating towards you dairing, but its more of a prediction thing b/c if your spacing it shes just going to float backwards and then punish you with fair.

So it is very good in the matchup, just not for keeping Peach away from you.

And ya Turnips rock, but they are easy to catch >_>

Its my life dream to catch a bomb and kill Peach with it though LOL

Xyless

Smash Master
You can use bairs/nairs when she is floating towards you dairing, but its more of a prediction thing b/c if your spacing it shes just going to float backwards and then punish you with fair.

So it is very good in the matchup, just not for keeping Peach away from you.

And ya Turnips rock, but they are easy to catch >_>

Its my life dream to catch a bomb and kill Peach with it though LOL
Most painful tournament experience for me: having my stitchface caught while I had a stock lead (she didn't realize it was a stitch, it was a lucky catch), and having it hit me not once, not twice, but three times, the first killing me, and the others putting me at the other person's level.

I learned never to trust turnips in that way ever again. :(

Prawn

Smash Master
i'm hova

who are you?
I just realized how *****y that sounded.

I was actually asking you not sarcastically, lol, like I didn't know if you were a peach main or what and I see all your posts and I was honestly just asking for a brief bio of who you were/what ic's you've played/what characters you play,

sorry for the misunderstanding lol

hova

Smash Champion
i am hova, crewmate of the great Meep

i mainly play Peach/Marth. i don't think i've played GIMR yet so i guess i've only played Meep and a guy named Bonk's ICs and randomly other ICs like Chu, NL and others but i won't really count those

but yeah, all my real IC practice has come from Meep, he's mad good

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can't really see this being IC's advantage.

Peach's Float, with Turnips going through Blizzard, and Dair. Granted thats not all there is too it, but if Peach camps the air with a turnip in hand it makes getting a grab that much harder.

She has the tools to separate and avoid getting grabbed.

hova

Smash Champion
ICs have a lot more than grab

the fear of being grabbed makes people play a certain way which leaves them open for a bunch of other IC shenanigans. ICs would be crap without cg, but since you have to respect it at all times you leave yourself open to a bunch of other ****

landing a CG may make or break ICs in some match ups, but this isn't one of them. it's a loooooong boring battle

Top Bottom