• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I write for my friends" - the growing Ike guide by Kirk and Empy. Updating again!

comboking

Smash Master
If you PM me how to do it I will get a replay up on filefront.
You know if you can't find your sd card.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering, something you kinda mentioned but im not sure of.

After doing A or AA what can you do? Is it possible to make a F-Tilt without the other one evading it? I was also trying out to do A - then a B (eruption), and there was almost no lag in between.

Just wondering

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I got a question , how can I make people fall into my Dsmashes more often? You see I got this torney soon and I would like to take advantage of Dsmash since it has the wierdest hit box . Example ; the Dsmash starts on one side and then the other but I have seen that i started hitting people on the other side of the slash . To see this just have someone stand on the first side of the Dsmash let him dodge you then stay there when there slash is on the other side , and he will get hit. So this is why I want to bait people into my Dsmash cause of that awesome hit box. Maybe its useless but if anyone could redirectme to an other post or vid I will appreciate it.
Btw kirk if you see this , your vid helped me out on my bairs i can finally hook em up and swing em like no tommorow thanks.

kurli

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering, something you kinda mentioned but im not sure of.

After doing A or AA what can you do? Is it possible to make a F-Tilt without the other one evading it? I was also trying out to do A - then a B (eruption), and there was almost no lag in between.

Just wondering
Thats awesome, I'm gonna try that =)

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Okay Kurli, seems we are the only interested in the "Growing Ike guide" so how about we discuss about him, given of course we are both highly-trained proffesionals (?)

So you think A-B works? I was just trying to find any possible use for eruption, but its really hard to hit someone with it, unless hes falling, and his really stupid. So i tried to lock them with a jab, and then try it. Works, sometimes. But im sure there are other uses for Eruption, just got to find them.

•Col•

Smash Champion
@ LightAlchemist.....

No. And wtf? Jab to Eruption doesn't even LOOK lagless..... ._. Anyway, yeah... Neither of those work.

Usually, people jab cancel into either another jab, an utilt, a dtilt if they're offstage, a dsmash, an aeiral, or a grab.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
@ LightAlchemist.....

No. And wtf? Jab to Eruption doesn't even LOOK lagless..... ._. Anyway, yeah... Neither of those work.

Usually, people jab cancel into either another jab, an utilt, a dtilt if they're offstage, a dsmash, an aeiral, or a grab.
Dont blame them for trying lol , but how does a jab to back jumped Fair work? Can it be abused if it becomes too predictable? Btw how do you deal with aerial crazed characters?? I saw these squirtels and wolfs and falcos and foxes , all these dudes are aerial maniacs that basically lock you in the air until you're gimped or 100% lol.( There are still a huge list that I havent mentioned.)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Jab -> bair is pretty sexy. There is a such thing as too much jab cancelling. And I guess it could be abused.

And you outspace them with your fair, hit them before they aerial with a bair or shield.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i do jab,jab, into f tilt sometimes
it works 1/2 of the times x_X

idk if i should continue doing it lol
seems to work well
but if they powershield it,i'm in trouble lol..

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
These alternatives do sound pritty good , I should try them tommorow. Btw is power shielding the same as perfect shield? or is power shielding holding up your shield for as long as you can untill you regain footing?
Oh and I wont be abusing Jab cancels , I need to make my game really unpredictable specially for tommorow.
thanks again guys

kurli

Smash Rookie
Okay Kurli, seems we are the only interested in the "Growing Ike guide" so how about we discuss about him, given of course we are both highly-trained proffesionals (?)

So you think A-B works? I was just trying to find any possible use for eruption, but its really hard to hit someone with it, unless hes falling, and his really stupid. So i tried to lock them with a jab, and then try it. Works, sometimes. But im sure there are other uses for Eruption, just got to find them.
Yea I'm not positive on anything but good edgeguarder, and while you're falling, to keep the opponent away.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Used for eruption, use while falling on them and it has super armor frames so you will hit them no matter what, if timed right and you won't take knock back if they hit you too. Other than that it is a pretty bad move, but it can be good if used sparingly.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Sweet info guys. Does Ike have any AT's?
Except for Boost Tossing (while holding an item, run -> C-stick down -> up-forward+Z to throw the item forward while getting a HUGE boost), no. RAR'ing and pivot grabbing are very helpful, but in my opinion they can hardly be considered ATs.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Except for Boost Tossing (while holding an item, run -> C-stick down -> up-forward+Z to throw the item forward while getting a HUGE boost), no. RAR'ing and pivot grabbing are very helpful, but in my opinion they can hardly be considered ATs.
Alrighty, I can Pivot grab I think, if it's anythign like Pits Angelic Slide or footwork or something then I got it down. as for the boost thing that's in the Samus' Boards too a Glide toss.
SUcks taht Ike doens't have anything overly useful, although he's a pretty intense guy it's not liek he needs AT's but it'd be nice to have em'

Pughead

Smash Rookie
I know you may not believe me because I'm new to this forum but, compared to marth, Ike actually has LESS ending lag but more starting lag to his counter

NashCrash

Smash Rookie
Ice climbers -
They have a couple of ranged moves that can get Ike's damage high if you don't move in, stay close, and make sure you only hit the Climber that has P2 if playing a human or CPU over their head, but sometimes grabbing the other climber and throwing them off stage can disable certain moves for the pair. Most of the time, shielding is your only option when the ice comes. Spot-Dodging is useful for their jabs and countering is most important in ANY situation against them. Edge hogging will counter their rope grab so they can fall to their deaths.

Most important thing is to take out one, so then, you don't have to worry about chained moves.

Your welcome!! ^^ I don't know if all that info is correct, I don't face Ice Climbers much...

Also, if you want to change some things just Qoute me, bold the new info and I'll add it for you

ragnellrager

Smash Rookie
Meh. I'm a noob and I frequently use Ike, just because he's good against other noobs. Going into harder, more advanced play requires much more Ike specialization, though.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Im a Ike mainer myself, but not a awsom 1, like most of those talking here, but Id like to ask:
Isnt Dgrab and Aether (at low %) count as a combo?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Im a Ike mainer myself, but not a awsom 1, like most of those talking here, but Id like to ask:
Isnt Dgrab and Aether (at low %) count as a combo?
No, because an opponent can "DI" away from the aether. Pretty much, if the person holds down "away" from you with the analog stick, he'll float away from you after you do your D-Throw.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Does Ikes Counter really have more ending lag? I heard somewhere their Counter move lasts equally long but Marths Counter frames start earlier and end earlier. Meaning that Ike is open in the beginning, and Marth in the end of the move.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Why you bump this thread? Use Ashuneras Library pls...

afaik It's true that Marth's Counter is faster than Ike's. He starts faster and ends faster. Ike's one is a bit longer.

Top Bottom