• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I write for my friends" - the growing Ike guide by Kirk and Empy. Updating again!

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Fallen, tell us how it was. Was it everything I dreamed it would be? Straight to their death? How strong, in comparison to the other three? *sits back with hands behind head*
It was a normal meteor, but just more epic due to the flames as my friend was sent to the fiery inferno in one swift and solid motion. If only the match was shorter, I would have saved and put it up on youtube. But overall, it's an awesome looking spike, but shouldn't be depended on since it's hard to land =/

But still something cool to put in a brawl combo vid =]

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Ah, this eruption discussion reminds me-are there any characters (besides those who tether; save the d-tilt for those poor guys and laugh) whose ledge-snap allows them to bypass the insanely large hitbox of eruption?

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
you need to start playing against people your strategy only works on computers. Ike's side b is a bad recovery.
my strategy owns everyone in this county (not like it's saying much).

when you get launched high enough you can charge it so you land in the middle of the stage, it may lead to alot of problems, but its better than spiking yourself into the ground.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Ah, this eruption discussion reminds me-are there any characters (besides those who tether; save the d-tilt for those poor guys and laugh) whose ledge-snap allows them to bypass the insanely large hitbox of eruption?
Well, there are characters that sweetspot the ledge, like Marth with his Up+B. I think you can still catch them with Eruption just before they grab the ledge, but window of oppertunity is very small

when you get launched high enough you can charge it so you land in the middle of the stage, it may lead to alot of problems, but its better than spiking yourself into the ground.
I use QD seldomly. What I usually do is DI as close to the stage, then jump with an airdodge even closer, then get back up with Aether. But it's important to point out how high the range of Aether. It has pretty good range, so I fall just low enough so they can't go after me, then use up + B, spikes them if they decide to go after me, while I go back to the stage in one piece.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hey guys,

wow, I've been away for a few days and the number of replies has doubled. I'll reply to them as much as possible.

If you want to talk about items, go to the ISP thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ike Knockback Comparison
[...]
This will be useful. I'm thinking about the best way of including this in the guide, I'm sure I'll make it fast. ;)

Hey kirk, after a testing sesion in group brawl, i made a list of projectiles that can be stopped with the jabs. Maybe you could put it in the guide if you find it helpful.
[..]
Unfortunately Kirk can't edit the guide. So I write everything. This is helpful, however, so I'll make sure to include it, thanks.

Power: Ike
Speed: Lucario
Range: Tie
Camping Ability: Lucario
Approach: Ike?
Grab game: Lucario
Survivability: Lucario
Edgeguarding: Ike (Slight)
Priority: Ike?
I'll be working on the match-ups again soon and will include this as much as possible.

alright, lucas... i'd say lucas would probably be really good against ike.
don't try your aerials on him (pk freeze, lol). i'd say do an annoying amount of rolls. if he uses pk fire, counter (your only defense).

use your jabs alot, tilts too. lucas has good tilts, but you have to use the fastest attacks you can. be repetitive. when he wises up to it and enters a roll, charge your Usmash. it'll get him after he gets behind you.

like i said before, mainly jabs, tilts, and counter.
Lucas is really good against Ike imo. However I really don't agree with using rolls a lot. And certainly not with not using aerials. It's basically the other way around. Use a lot of empty shorthops, shorthops with airdodges and shorhops with nair. Mix these up. If you just roll all the time you will lose, badly.

I agree on using jab a lot, but not tilts. You contradict yourself a bit there. You say use Ike his fastest moves, but tilts really aren't. Also you talk about a Lucas rolling around Ike. This means you're just playing a bad Lucas.

Well, pk fire is not a problem for me. 50% of the time i shorthop fair him in the face for doing it, because I know the range and when he should use it. Pk freeze will never hit me. I dunno. He's a decent guy, but i can't get a hold on him because he's a roll-happy little **** that only picks FD against my Ike and cries when any platforms are involved. <_< Downsmash works, obviously, but still. It's just upsetting, because on a technical level I AM better than this player...*angry face* Tilts and such won't work 'cuz he's such a little turtle. I grab him for it, but there's nothing you can really follow up with. His aerials from above somehow punch through mine, too. *confused face* Also, when I have to rely on jab to score hits, it's probably even less effective than how I fight him now. Our matches are close, it's just...ugh. Honestly, it's just his lucas that gives me problems, even though he plays every character nearly the same. xD. grr.
I know what you're talking about here. I have had this problem with a friend as well. He plays Wolf and whenever I approach he just keep rolling away. I really shouldn't trace him because I'll just get caught in a dsmash or fsmash and QD would work fine, but he mostly just rolls when I approach anyway. Main problem with me, is that when I'm in front he still doesn't approach. We have a time limit of 7-8 minutes and he just shoots lasers waiting for me to approach, or he just suicides because he rather loses than makes an approach.

Survivability = Recovery + Weight
Ike's Weight > Lucario's Weight
but
Lucario's Recovery > Ike's Recovery most of the time
Lucario also has better horizontal air movement and falls slower.

Edgeguarding (Lucario)
1. Fair
2. Dair
3. Aura Sphere
4. Fsmash
5. ExtremeHog

Edgeguarding (Ike)
1. One of his 4 spikes
2. Fair
3. Edgehog
4. Uair
5. Bair
6. Fsmash

So...I guess Ike does win here.
My bad. >_>

Off-topic: Has anyone done an Eruption spike in an actual match?
Even though Lucario does struggle with upB a little, he floats to the stage so easily that most of the spikes and the fair won't really matter. His dair stalling can be very annoying as well. I think Lucario does have the upper hand here. However, Ike should kill him at low % anyway, or else there are more things to be concerned about than just this. This match-up in one sentence, imo, would be "Ike has to kill at low % or Lucario kills him".

One strategy shouldn't be used each match over and over again.

And QD can be used to land in the middle of the stage. Most opponents can figure out where you land just as good as you though, so you really have to be careful not to get punished. Therefore, Aether is often preferred.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ no they get it separately

that spiking yourself into the ground. do you mean when you land on the stage and your left open? cause if so you should be grabbing on to the ledge when its not being edge hogged.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
^ no they get it separately

that spiking yourself into the ground. do you mean when you land on the stage and your left open? cause if so you should be grabbing on to the ledge when its not being edge hogged.
after you qd anyon can get in the way and make you fall. i'd rather be left open for a sec than fall to my doom with no defense.

Tenki

Smash Hero
On a random note, I met an Ike player online who kept doing ledge drop>DJ > quickdraw as an edgehogging technique, while I was on the stage.

It's not a good idea to keep doing it. He hit me about 2-3 times and I managed to DI toward the ledge and it resulted in him actually doing the attack as I grabbed the ledge, and he got edgehogged and died.

Edit:

Actually, the same thing happened when he was trying to Aether edgeguard too lol. Except while he was up in the air, I ran under him and insta-edgehugged ftw

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
i don't edgehog too much, not with anyone as slow as ike. maybe kirby, chu, wario, lucario or falco, but not ike. i mainly edgeguard by doing a few aerials, Dair mainly, and then trying to get back on the stage so i dont die.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
i don't edgehog too much, not with anyone as slow as ike. maybe kirby, chu, wario, lucario or falco, but not ike. i mainly edgeguard by doing a few aerials, Dair mainly, and then trying to get back on the stage so i dont die.
You should, it's really important to use it to easilly kill characters with predictable recoveries (I.E toon link, link, ganondorf, space animals,etc), also, this coupled with ike's superior knockback can make for a deadly conbination.

For example: you are fighting falco( ike's WORST match-up IMO) and you have a hard time hitting him, while he is inflicting heavy damage on you. What should you do? well, you must find a way to even the match, so you must either 1) kill him early or 2) inflict heavy damage while avoiding every one of falco's attacks. We all know number 2 is impossible, so it only leaves us with option number 1.

But what is the quickest an easiest way to kill him quickly? you have only inflicted 30 percent of damage to him, so killing him in the traditional way is out. But, you know, i could use the fair's weird hitbox when the sword is just beggining to come down so i send him diagonally down, outside of the stage! i hit him, and since he is a fastfaller he is forced to use his fire bird early so that he doesn't fall to his death, know all i need to do is to edgehog and i have a one stock advantage over him!

In short, edgehogging is important, you HAVE to use it with EVERY CHARACTER, no exceptions.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
oh, and empy, i forgot about some projectiles that can be stopped with the jab.
here they are

Zamus: paralizer( both uncharged and fully charged)
charizard's and bowser's flame breath can be stopped, buth since they release a constant stream of flames, its not a good idea to jab them.
charizard's rocks released after his front-B( unlike the flame breath, the rocks go on different directions, so if a rock happens to come to your way, you can jab it without fear that another rock might hit you.)

I'm currently working on a more detailed priority list for ike, i might have it ready by tomorrow's evening or on sunday's morning.

I will be updating it little by little as the night passes.

EDIT: disregard that, it's going to take longer. Maybe on tuesday or wednesday.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ike's priority list.

If you don't know what exactly priority does, read the first part, if you already know, skip that
and go to the next part.

INTERESTING DISCOVERY: after partly testing ike's D-smash , it seems that ike's d-smash is not affected by priority, this seems like it's the case because you never see the distinct blue circle/shockwave that signals that two attacks have clashed when you use it.

It always penetrates the other character's attacks, and harms them, unless they have a disjointed hitbox.
Because of this, i will not put the d-smash into the list.
(If this is already known, or upon further testing is discovered that the attack actually can clash with other attacks, please tell me so that i delete this part)

This is how priority behaves:

When ike's attack outprioritizes one of the opponent's attack, it means ike's attack doesn't stop when it clashes against that attack, and if the attack is a projectile, ike is completely unhindered.

When one of ike's attacks is outprioritized, it's the other way round, and if the attack is a projectile, it hits ike.

When they have equal priority, that means they do the 'clank' sound, and both attacks are stopped, and if the opponent's attack is a projectile, the projectile is destroyed, leaving ike with a slight stun.

Now to the list.

Mario:

ike's neutral A attack:
ike's A attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's A attack is outprioritized by mario's: f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's neutral AA attack:
ike's AA attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's AA attack is outprioritized by mario's: f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's neutral AAA attack:
ike's AAA attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs, f-smash, u-smash and d-smash

ike's f-tilt:
ike's f-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's f-tilt has equal priority to mario's: f-tilt, u-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's u-tilt:
ike's u-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, fludd's water.
ike's u-tilt has equal priority to mario's: AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt,d-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash, fireballs, up-B.

ike's d-tilt:
ike's d-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's d-tilt has equal priority to mario's: f-tilt, u-tilt, u-smash, d-smash, f-smash.

ike's f-smash:
ike's f-smash outprioritizes mario's:A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, u-tilt, f-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's f-smash has equal priority to mario's: f-smash, d- smash, u-smash.

comboking

Smash Master
oh, and empy, i forgot about some projectiles that can be stopped with the jab.
here they are

Zamus: paralizer( both uncharged and fully charged)
charizard's and bowser's flame breath can be stopped, buth since they release a constant stream of flames, its not a good idea to jab them.
charizard's rocks released after his front-B( unlike the flame breath, the rocks go on different directions, so if a rock happens to come to your way, you can jab it without fear that another rock might hit you.)

I'm currently working on a more detailed priority list for ike, i might have it ready by tomorrow's evening or on sunday's morning.

I will be updating it little by little as the night passes.

EDIT: disregard that, it's going to take longer. Maybe on tuesday or wednesday.
he can i use this data in my guide if i give you credit.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ok, if you want to use it, do it, as long as you give me credit, there is no problem.

BTW: remember that it's going to take a while to finish it, **** that stupid timing i must learn to know each move priority!

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
You should, it's really important to use it to easilly kill characters with predictable recoveries (I.E toon link, link, ganondorf, space animals,etc), also, this coupled with ike's superior knockback can make for a deadly conbination.

For example: you are fighting falco( ike's WORST match-up IMO) and you have a hard time hitting him, while he is inflicting heavy damage on you. What should you do? well, you must find a way to even the match, so you must either 1) kill him early or 2) inflict heavy damage while avoiding every one of falco's attacks. We all know number 2 is impossible, so it only leaves us with option number 1.

But what is the quickest an easiest way to kill him quickly? you have only inflicted 30 percent of damage to him, so killing him in the traditional way is out. But, you know, i could use the fair's weird hitbox when the sword is just beggining to come down so i send him diagonally down, outside of the stage! i hit him, and since he is a fastfaller he is forced to use his fire bird early so that he doesn't fall to his death, know all i need to do is to edgehog and i have a one stock advantage over him!

In short, edgehogging is important, you HAVE to use it with EVERY CHARACTER, no exceptions.
yeah, i still do it, but only if i have to. if i know i'm gonna get a kill be edgehogging, i'll do it, but if your slow, do it when absolutely neccesary, not when someone just seems like they MIGHT not make it (i edgehog all the time, if my character's fast, even when it's not totally neccesary.).

metroid1117

Smash Master
@payasofobia: Pit's arrows and Pikachu's thundershock can be stopped by Ike's jab attack.

How is Metaknight vs. Ike more in favor of Ike than Mario vs. Ike? I've read your thoughts on both match-ups, and although Ike is easily juggled by Mario, the only way he's going to get close enough to do so is by spamming fireballs; he cannot get past your FAir on the ground or in the air if you space it properly. Metaknight is significantly faster on the ground than Mario, allowing him to rush in with a shield or just wait for you to land from a FAir and come in with a dash attack or a grab. MK can gimp you just as easily as Mario, and although he is much lighter, his recovery is much harder to gimp than Mario's. Even when you do land a hit on MK, it is generally much harder to do so than for Mario because of MK's size and speed.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
@payasofobia: Pit's arrows and Pikachu's thundershock can be stopped by Ike's jab attack.

How is Metaknight vs. Ike more in favor of Ike than Mario vs. Ike? I've read your thoughts on both match-ups, and although Ike is easily juggled by Mario, the only way he's going to get close enough to do so is by spamming fireballs; he cannot get past your FAir on the ground or in the air if you space it properly. Metaknight is significantly faster on the ground than Mario, allowing him to rush in with a shield or just wait for you to land from a FAir and come in with a dash attack or a grab. MK can gimp you just as easily as Mario, and although he is much lighter, his recovery is much harder to gimp than Mario's. Even when you do land a hit on MK, it is generally much harder to do so than for Mario because of MK's size and speed.
I agree, MK does lack powerful specials (excluding Down+B,), but is way faster than ike and mario. his attacks may be weak, but he can rack up alot of damage on ike, and then use a smash.
mario, on the other hand, isn't very fast or very strong, more in the middle. so ike can get a hit on him easier.

any good strategy for beating pikachu? i have a decent stategy, but it's still tough.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
.any good strategy for beating pikachu? i have a decent stategy, but it's still tough.
Jump like a madman, and never get close to him.

He will shield every one of your attacks, and then do a smash attack, taking advantage of ike's laggyness. To solve this, use autocancelled aerials, and don't get close to him. When you use an aerial attack and he shields, get as far away as you can from him befere you land.

Shield a lot, and use the jabs when he is spamminghis neutral-B. If you happen to get hit by his D-smash, DI left or right, because he will most likely follow with a down-B, and if you get hit anyway, you should quit smash because you suck.

He is easy as long as you learn his mannerisms.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

its because you aren't supposed to be approaching with Fairs since Ike has longer range than metaknight you should be playing defensively and Ike can hit metaknight out of all of his attacks with an Fair or Ftilt.

Ozzie23

Smash Cadet
LOVE IT. Thank you very much. I have fun using Ike, but haven't been that good with him. This should help.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright I think I finally know a match up well enough to contribute to this guide. Its D.K.'s match up since no one has posted about it yet mine will be the best so far :laugh:

Alright the match vs Donkey Kong is pretty easy but can turn around in a second if you aren't careful. His attacks are pretty easy to get around and you out range him for the most part. How ever he has weight and recovery over you. Not sure on power since both D.K. and Ike have plenty of it. His tilts can be a problem sometimes ( his Dtilt is an infinite against a wall so watch out in PS1) but the big thing you have to avoid is getting grabbed because he can cargo you off the stage.

once your off he has some pretty good ways of keeping you off. If you try and recover with aether ( which you should ) you might get a giant punch to the face if you go to high over the ledge so try and aim well.

another thing he can do is edge hog you pretty easily. all he has to do is hang on to the ledge and when your coming drop down and do his up b. Since it has invincibility frames trowing your sword up might not hit him if timed right and by the time you get up there he hits you out of your recovery and you end up falling again and trying the same thing over. In my mights I have been able to get out of this after a few times when the DK messed up his timing and my sword hits him. ( then you can get an aether spike if your lucky ;) )

another thing the cargo grab can do is get you stage spiked and this is actually the better option for you because you can tech it. how ever with Ike theres no need to go for the fancy stage spike since he can just as easily trow you away from the stage and if that happens theres a good chance you aren't coming back.

so If you get grabbed try and get out of it as soon as possible and as soon as you get out move away because when you break the cargo grab you don't go very far. In fact you fall right in front of him so you might get grabbed again if you don't react fast enough.

Another thing D.K. has on you is a WoP. Since Ike is pretty heavy his Bair won't knock you very far so he can juggle you while on the stage and send you to an early death with it off the stage.

Once you get him off the stage he is pretty much dead also. He can't recover from under the stage because his up B barely raises him half a foot so if you spike so him breaking out of it won't matter. His up B can cover a lot of range though probably take him from the edge of the k0 zone back to the ledge the good thing is Fair can hit him out of it and send him all the way back or maybe even further.

Well thats all I have for now hopefully I didn't end up in a complete failure and it helps people out. ( although their aren't to many D.K.'s out there unless they are fighting snakes and metaknights )

MxGm

Smash Cadet
I found this very useful and it helped me alot in improving with Ike. I hope that I can go to some tournies soon to see what can I do. Thank you very much

XACE-K

Smash Master
Alright the match vs Donkey Kong is pretty easy but can turn around in a second if you aren't careful. His attacks are pretty easy to get around and you out range him for the most part. How ever he has weight and recovery over you. Not sure on power since both D.K. and Ike have plenty of it. His tilts can be a problem sometimes ( his Dtilt is an infinite against a wall so watch out in PS1) but the big thing you have to avoid is getting grabbed because he can cargo you off the stage.
To me, both Ike and DK are almost equal in strength (Ike has the edge) but DK's moves are faster than Ike's which makes him the better strength character.

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
Ike's kool and all, i just think that hes a cheap *** (standard A and Bair especially)
im not "gret" w/ him, but i woodnt mind add him 2 my top 5 list.
this guide fragin' helped alot tho. thnx dude!!

comboking

Smash Master
Ike is going to be a pain in the *** to fight because he is stronger than you and almost just as fast. Ike has tons more reach, more disjointed hit-boxes than melee Marth and an un-Godly amount of SA frames. However, you have an upper hand in recovering and edgeguarding which in DK's case, completely counter Ike's recovery. The main thing you need to work on is dodging his attacks. You should be able to see each of his aerials coming with relative ease except for maybe the Nair (which is Ike's best approach) and should be dodged. I understand if you have trouble with this is as you and your opponents progressively get better this will not work as well. This is a beginner technique to accustom you to the infinite air dodges. As for the offense, you should be using your tilts quite a lot. Your aerial game is just as good if not better than Ike's. Since Ike is the 8th heaviest character you can wall of pain him with Bairs. When they are off the stage is when you really need to get into gear and do everything in your power in kill him. This is the most important part of the match for you as a DK player. You have quite a few options for your guard when they are recovering. If you know they are going to use the side-b recovery there is 3 options that you can do to stop their recovery. The first option you can do is a good one with a possibly high cost. You can throw your self in the way of their over-b causing them to not even come close to the edge but at the same time you take the damage from possibly a fully charged special. Your second option for the interruption of their side-b is to stay relatively close to the ledge and time a F-smash. Your last option for this is to go out and bair them farther out and up. This option, however, may cause the bair to become degraded for some time. As for the up-b, if you know for sure they are going to do it there is really only one option which is pretty risky. If they haven't started it yet then you could jump down, fast fall and use a bair to prevent any further recovery. I personally just let them use the up-b to get on due to the SA frames on the up-b. If they start using ledge game like continually using up-b then what I like to do which has helped tremendously is shield the going up animation and hit them with a bair or sometime even a fully charged DK punch when they are coming down. I guess that Ike does not have as nearly as much SA frames upon the falling animation as first thought. A well timed one of these could put an end to Ike's ledge games. Over all I believe this to be an even match-up. Once again to edgeguard all you have to do to edgeguard DK you can use your down tilt because of the nature of his Up+B. Do not ledge stall. Also you need to watch out for DK's Tilts and Bair. DK can also grab you walk you off the edge and down throw you and still recover. Make sure you pick the right stage for this matchup. I prefer a place with walls so you can do the infinite chain grab but don't let him do his infinite Down Tilt thing. I play against DK all the time. It is pretty even matchup so don't let your guard down.

the first part is how a DK player would fight against you

and the stuff toward the bottom is things you can do to help you win.

Kirk

Smash Champion
From the DK matchup Sticky:

Ike is going to be a pain in the *** to fight because he is stronger than you and almost just as fast. Ike has tons more reach, more disjointed hit-boxes than melee Marth and an un-Godly amount of SA frames. However, you have an upper hand in recovering and edgeguarding which in DK's case, completely counter Ike's recovery. The main thing you need to work on is dodging his attacks. You should be able to see each of his aerials coming with relative ease except for maybe the nair ( which is Ike's best approach) and should be dodged. I understand if you have trouble with this is as you and your opponents progressively get better this will not work as well. this is a beginner technique to accustomed you to the infinite air dodges. As for the offense, you should be using your tilts quite a lot. your aerial game is just as good if not better than Ike's. since Ike is the 8th heaviest character you can wall of pain him with bairs. When they are off the stage is when you really need to get into gear and do everything in your power in kill him.

Edge Guarding

This is the most important part of the match for you as a DK player. you have quite a few options for your guard when they are recovering. If you know they are going to use the side-b recovery there is 3 options that you can do to stop their recovery. The first option you can do is a good one with a possibly high cost. you can throw your self in the way of their over-b causing them to not even come close to the edge but at the same time you take the damage from possibly a fully charged special. Your second option for the interruption of their side-b is to stay relatively close to the ledge and time a F-smash. your last option for this is to go out and bair them farther out and up. this option, however, may cause the bair to become degraded for some time. As for the up-b, if you know for sure they are going to do it there is really only one option which is pretty risky. If they haven't started it yet then you could jump down, fastfall and use a bair to prevent any further recovery. I personally just let them use the up-b to get on due to the SA frames on the up-b. If they start using ledge game like continually using up-b then what I like to do which has helped tremendously is shield the going up animation and hit them with a bair or sometime even a fully charged DK punch when they are coming down. I guess that Ike does not have as nearly as much SA frames upon the falling animation as first thought. A well timed one of these could put an end to Ike's ledge games. Over all I believe this to be an even match-up.
Way to be original.

We don't need this here and please stop copypasting everything you say here...it REALLY is not helpful and a waste of time.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Or if you're going to copy and paste EVERYTHING just ****ing cite the ****. How the hell haven't you been expelled from school for plagiarism yet.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is my first time coming to the Ike boards in a looooong time (I have since quit Brawl.....it is not particularly enjoyable, game kinda sux, etc.)

Sad to see the boards are still the same way.....I guess some things don't change, particularly a certain celebrity on these boards...

But all I can say about this guide is <3
Thanks for including my contribution to Ike Kirk, I believe you know what it is =D

Hope you're still enjoying Brawl, though I don't really know how. Also thread name is ingenious. Keep up the good work.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wow this is my first time coming to the Ike boards in a looooong time (I have since quit Brawl.....it is not particularly enjoyable, game kinda sux, etc.)
So play Melee, thats what everybody else does.

Sad to see the boards are still the same way.....I guess some things don't change, particularly a certain celebrity on these boards...
I have no idea who you're talking about
sarcasm

Hope you're still enjoying Brawl, though I don't really know how. Also thread name is ingenious. Keep up the good work.
I am but I hate the thread name IMO but whatever.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i've been brawling pikachus lately, and i've decided that they aren't as hard as i think they are.

Pikachu is a character that has to dance around the opponent. Dancing around Ike is not really that safe due to his superior range. Pikachu in fact has a weakness to disjointed hitboxes. Which is why i now think Pikachu is a 45% against Ike. Pikachu still has speed over Ike. also with Pikachu's short grab range, you can usually jab pikachu before he grabs you. If your spacing ability is superb then Pikachu will not be as difficult as he would be.

Top Bottom