• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's all I wanted man, you don't even have to add a tidbit at the OP, just keep this moving.

I love this board, I won't let it die.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...DK's Mansion?

What the hey?

Anyways: Don't take Olimar here. Or anyone for that matter.......I'm fairly sure almost anyone can take advantage of Ike here....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No no no, Ike doesn't suffer here. But some other people just gain HUGE advantages making it bad in general for Ike.

Pikachu is even worse here.

And if you fight DK here... god help you.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's a joke about how nobody pays attention to Weegee.

Anyway I just picked it out at random, I'm not too sure how this stage would really be able to benefit Ike except for maybe the huge blastzones that allow Ike to survive like a very very long time.

You're probably better off destroying the second story of the mansion than letting it stay up whole.

Not sure about projectile users, but I think it would be nice to take Pikachu here if I'm not mistaken.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I sometimes CP this stage(as I've mentioned a few times in the past) against characters with projectiles and who primarily kill vertically. I've used this against Fox and Falco in the past with success(pillars block laser spamming/camping and the high ceiling limits UpSmash reliability).

Though I have made the unfortunate mistake of taking Olimar here for the same reasons above... xD It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Ike's got a silly Dthrow --> Jab deelie if your opponent doesn't DI or tech in between the two floors. Can be followed up with another grab or other stuffs. *shrug*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kirk, doesn't that kind of... not work when it comeas to projectiles?

Sure you can hide behind the pillars... but how long would that work before one of you gets bored and approaches the other? Let me see if I can make this a bit more clear... oh yeah, maybe Power Suit Samus? it just seems like some characters' campnig abiltiy gets too buffed up here at Weegee's

This is a funky CP stage, it can go either way depending who you take here... :/

Oey, I forgot about Fox! No Dair shenanigans for him here!

Can't U-throw get the same result as a D-Throw here or not? Perhaps not because I think D-Throw has less ending lag for faster reaction time maybe.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk, doesn't that kind of... not work when it comeas to projectiles?

Sure you can hide behind the pillars... but how long would that work before one of you gets bored and approaches the other? Let me see if I can make this a bit more clear... oh yeah, maybe Power Suit Samus? it just seems like some characters' campnig abiltiy gets too buffed up here at Weegee's
Pillars block projectiles...and it gives you room to move around the stage...I.E. you have a figure 8 path to move around to either approach or escape. Naturally it can work in your opponents favor as well, but it sure as **** is better than a stage where there is nothing in the way to stop anything.

Oey, I forgot about Fox! No Dair shenanigans for him here!
He still can, but he has less vertical space to work with. Still a plus there. Same goes for others who like to approach from above/get behind you or w/e.
Can't U-throw get the same result as a D-Throw here or not? Perhaps not because I think D-Throw has less ending lag for faster reaction time maybe.
Yes. Dthrow over Uthrow in this situation.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I still don't like it though, Ike is so freakishly slow that the opponent has to be braindead not to see which way Ike would approach...

It's like the stage has the annoying traists of both Final Destination, and Battlefield put together...

However I'm just ranting here, and I suppose if you have any resourcefulness in you, you would know which opponents would be better to leave the mansion up, or destroy it to make it a Final Destination with more distant blastzones.

Projectile camping isn't even that big of a deal really, just that God-forsaken bandwagon that people say "LOL Ike has no projectile and we do therefore we have a 65:35 matchup kthxbai!1eleven1!one."

Not the reliable CP stage, but you can make it work into your field of play, and defenitely the most anti-Pikachu stage you'll find anywhere in the selection screen.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
This stage has it's high and low points.

Assuming that entire mansion is in tact:

For starters, the pillars serve as a defensive wall against projectiles and it has its high vertical blastzone makes it ideal to survive vertical fatal blows. Like Kirk said, down throw would be useful here between the floors; Utilt would also be another good choice too. Enemys that require a lot of space will be hindered. Because of the small spacing you have a better survivability rate (Like the basement level of Hyrule Temple when people just brawl it out for fun).

The downside to the stage is the lack of mobility. Aside from the portion of the second floor and roof, you can't jump through nor drop below, though some attacks are still able to go through. Projectiles aren't entirely useless in the stage. At some point, a player will have to approach to the next. The issue is that passage is far too narrow for easy passage thus limiting your approach and making them more predictable. A projectile character can simply camp from within the boundry of the pillar and wait for you with whatever they have at their disposal. Nimble characters will be at an advantage seeing how they can pretty much take control without being restricted as much in terms of movement.

Assuming that the field is cleared:

The floating platforms will still be there but I doubt they'll be of any use except possibly intefer with a Pit's arrow loop. Other than that, this stage is simply a longer version of Final Destination. Even comes with the lips that we all loathe.

My recommendation is to take down half the stage. At least in that way, you can have your anti-projectile fortress to retreat to whenever the situation calls for it. In the portion that's clear, I say fight as normal but aim to get horizontal KO's since they're easier to get than vertical KO's on this stage.

Characters I would actually bring here are:

Ness and Lucas. PK fire is easy to read so you can simply shield when approaching in the narrow corridors and pummel them whenever you're in range. Fair and Nair should still work decently when the mansion is still up so you can still stay properly spaced away.

Characters (or players) that are dependent on their projectiles.

Big and bulky characters that have a hard time moving around and are more limited to their counter attacks.

Characters I wouldn't Bring:

Characters I wouldn't take would be characters that can move well despite the little moving space. And for the love of god, not Marth. His movement's aren't as fazed by the lack of space as one would think. Your best bet would be to shield half the time, but it's only going to be a matter of time before he mixes in Shield Breaker.

Well that was just my 2 cents.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Shouldn't we worry about the stages that don't run the risk of actually being BANNED first?

I would be all over Green Hill Zone otherwise.

But anyway somebody please answer my post before this one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I still don't like it though, Ike is so freakishly slow that the opponent has to be braindead not to see which way Ike would approach...

It's like the stage has the annoying traists of both Final Destination, and Battlefield put together...

However I'm just ranting here, and I suppose if you have any resourcefulness in you, you would know which opponents would be better to leave the mansion up, or destroy it to make it a Final Destination with more distant blastzones.

Projectile camping isn't even that big of a deal really, just that God-forsaken bandwagon that people say "LOL Ike has no projectile and we do therefore we have a 65:35 matchup kthxbai!1eleven1!one."

Not the reliable CP stage, but you can make it work into your field of play, and defenitely the most anti-Pikachu stage you'll find anywhere in the selection screen.
This stage is not bad for Ike, but others benefit from it so much better than Ike.

Good for vertical killers (IE, Pikachu, Fox, Zelda/Shiek) And its ok for someone who does NOT have some ******** if you can't tech you get ***** **** (DK, Olimar, MK) Or super campers (ROB)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
good to Use against, my poor choice of word. the 2nd people are the ones NOT to bring here. the ones in teh first one are good to bring here.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Actually, I wouldn't bring Sheik here. Wouldn't the floors help her ftilt lock last longer because you get popped upwards most of the time? And her chain would be more deadly here as well. Can't exactly jump over it with a floor in the way.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually, I wouldn't bring Sheik here. Wouldn't the floors help her ftilt lock last longer because you get popped upwards most of the time? And her chain would be more deadly here as well. Can't exactly jump over it with a floor in the way.
heh.. I should have just said Zelda, but no one uses Zelda against Ike. Its usually go pure sheik on Ike. So yea thats null and void.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ok... Jungle Japes is a counter to characters with vertical recoveries and/or vertical killers. This stage would be only viable as a counterpick if your opponent meet both of these requirements, as otherwise you would be counterpicking yourself. I can’t think of any character that meet those two requirements right now, but if there is such a character, he would probably ban Jungle Japes right away.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
^Even then, Olimar fairs better then Ike does attacking wise on this stage. It's the solo fact that we somehow manage to have a better recovery then him here that makes it plausible....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you ever see me not ban Japes, or if you see me with Ike or Sonic on Japes, I'm high.

I don't even want to make a personal write-up for this stage is how much I hate it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Against characters with a projectile, don't even consider banning a different stage. Ban this stage or prepare to fight a VERY frustrating match.

Against characters without a spammable projectile (Jigglypuff, Marth, etc... except MK) I think this stage isn't too bad if you camp out on the left. FAir, UTilt, and DTilt can make it very dangerous for characters to approach you from the center platform, and you can even Aether camp on either of the edges (beware of the Klaptrap though).

But yeah, avoid this stage as much as possible.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I think I should provide more in depth information over this stage; here in Brazil we don’t ban stages, so you figure I must get counterpick’ed in JJ a lot.

First of all, try to remain at the right corner of the stage (if your opponent isn’t a projectile spammer), as if you fall in the water at that side of the stage you’ll have a chance to recover by grabbing the ledges at the other side of the stage. It is not easy, you’ll only have one chance to jump and try to grab a ledge, and the current is so fast that the camera cannot zoom out by the time you should’ve jumped out of the water. It is purely a matter of timing, so practice a lot playing in this stage.

Secondly, know your options once you’ve grabbed the ledge. Due to the small size of the platforms on each side of the stage, the distance traveled by the ledge roll is shortened, while the animation length does not. On the other hand, you can ledge drop -> jump -> QD and grab the inner ledge of the stage. A ledge roll from the inner ledge will take you to the very center of the stage. Convenient, don’t you think?

Now that we’re through the basic knowledge you’ll need for surviving in here, you must know how to kill. Jungle Japes has very high ceiling and closer border limits at the sides, so horizontal killing is a must. Edge guarding in here is hard, walk-off aerials will make you fall into the water and the multiple ledges can be abused especially by characters with horizontal recoveries. Spacing aerials at the side platforms is hard too, as they are so small, so prioritize Nair and jabs. Be careful not to Nair SD though (one more reason to stay at the right side of the stage). Remember to remain defensive at tourneys if you have a stock advantage (again, if your opponent isn’t a projectile spammer).

Remember, practice on this stage, and your opponent shall be surprised just how well you can handle and abuse your worst stage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I still hate the stage even though you probably made the most unbiased write-up in history.

Off-topic: Yo Guil, even though they don't ban stages down there, don't they have some kind of ruleset that makes stages un-selectable?

Dear lord, don't tell me 75m is a legal counterpick...*shudder*

•Col•

Smash Champion
Off-topic: Yo Guil, even though they don't ban stages down there, don't they have some kind of ruleset that makes stages un-selectable?

Dear lord, don't tell me 75m is a legal counterpick...*shudder*
Wtf? You're worried about 75m?

......I'm worried about MARIO BROS.

Guh... That stage literally gives me headaches....

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wtf? You're worried about 75m?

......I'm worried about MARIO BROS.

Guh... That stage literally gives me headaches....
I'm more worried about Skyworld.

That stage would actually have a chance of being used as a CP......*shutter* Or Hyrule Temple against a Fox player....

Guilhe

Smash Ace
WTF?! We have legal and banned stages people, it’s just that you can’t ban a stage when the opponent is going to choose a counterpick. That why I almost always counterpick Pirate Ship and almost always get counterpick’ed on JJ.

Back on topic, I don’t know who I would bring to this stage, Olimar recovery already sucks so much normally that bringing him to JJ isn’t worth the risk.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, recall that Weegee is quite the vertical killer.

You still won't see me at Japes regardless.

Also Ike and Sonic would probably go neutral here, no lie.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
But Weegee has poor aerial speed, it would be hard not to hit him with a DTilt/Ftilt (angled right or down, take your pick)/Fair/Dair/*shot.*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well it's true, according to some data list I picked up sometime ago.

Weegee is like the second slowest character in the game or somewhere there.

D3 is fat.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yea, Jungle Japes is a great stage for Ike because he has to worry little about recovery problems, and he's basicly hard to kill in this stage because it's so wide. But the only problem is the projectile spammers like Pit or Falco will be a pain, but as long as it's not lagfi then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Was this post a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom