• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Oh yeah...these lines alone speak for themselves.

/pervert

As for Brinstar, I don't have any idea what can be done here. Maybe that Ike is much harder to gimp kill, the ceiling is extremly low, the pillars/(spores?) can delay your attacks just like the statues in CS, and there's lots of Aethersliding potential. The lava can save you as well as set up combos for opponents after they've been knocked up into the air, if you have the chance afetr they're near you, swat them with an aerial!

I would discourage bringing people like Luigi and other people who can easily kill vertically. That's all I can say for Brinstar seeing as how I have yet to fight often on this stage...
If Luigi use his down B approach at the cells that hold the stage together, he'll gimp himself.

P.S.: Kinzer, you are going to hit the 2000 posts mark very soon. How can that be possible?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
By the way people, check out Forum Games area. There is a game called Hurt and Heal 4.0 that is coming out soon, and we always keep getting owned by Peach. Kinzer knows about it, you people should too.
I'll see what I can do, although I've given up on the Forums Games Section just because I am busy on the forums elsewhere...and real life too I suppose/

If Luigi use his down B approach at the cells that hold the stage together, he'll gimp himself.

P.S.: Kinzer, you are going to hit the 2000 posts mark very soon. How can that be possible?
Well then, I suppose my other point on vertical killers still stands. And...

Hes CK times 3.
Can you at least give me credit for trying?

I also happen to be on the Sonic boards as well...

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Can you at least give me credit for trying?

I also happen to be on the Sonic boards as well...
Posting on multiple boards is a great way to boost post count. Hell, I made this account less than a month ago, and look at how many posts I have already!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The posts have to be smart though, otherwise it's more or less spam, like what I'm doing right now replying to you...

Uhm anyway, I am a post-happy person,I can't imagine how many posts I would have if they conuted it in the Forums Games section. Not only that, but I find post count mroe or less irrelevent, it's how good somebody posts that count.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
sorry guile :( I haven't been able to even play brawl for the past week due to college. No time to go on smashboards unless its on my phone on the train ride home.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol Port Town.

I laugh whenever somebody (including myself) get hit by the F-Zero machines and go sky-rocketing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Alright, I'll move to the next discussion, I can't write for now, as I got finals next week, if anyone will write for me (I'll add in my witty responses to it, but I'll give you all the credit)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What happened to the Ike boards... have you people gotten *dare I say?*... LIVES?!?

Ah Hell, I can't be annoyed, anyway for Halberd...

The stage itself, has some crazy stuff going on.

First fifteen seconds of the fight, I don't know how this will be possible (at least not with Ike, and not without having to take himself out with his opponent either, or some crazy luck, or some stupid opponent, or *shot*), but you can get the opponent to stay off of the platform that is to take off, and they are going to instantly DIE!

Once that part is out of the way, you're on this platform, with an even smaller platform floating in the middle. This part has room to work with from the bottom-up, and a little bit less room on the side blastzones, so I'm sure that even for MK, getting back from the bottom will be an enormous feat to accomplish. Then you have the infamously-low ceiling blastzone, so perhaps people like Weegee who are fantastic vertical killers are not suggested to be brought to Halberd, but if not that, Ike can benefit from that quite well with characters Like Kirby or Mr. G&W. The platform is like Delfino Plaza on take-off where you can just aim for the ledge without any worry of missing it. This can be a problem however, when again, a character like MK can just hang under there and start spamming Uairs.

After that's out of the way, you now have the third stage of the Halberd... the ship itself.

The blastzone on the side here APPEARS to be closer, but in actuality isn't. It's only closer just because the main platform is bigger, so now characters with a nice gimping game are free to just hit you once and be able to return safely wheras an attempt on the 2nd stage might've failed. It's not too bad though, if you manage to score a hit of the ledge, they'll be dying soon too! Take note of the ledges, they act in the same sense as the lips on Final Destination, so better practice those Aethers. And now you have the hazards, with the combo cannon and the bomb thingy, and the claw, all of which can be used to your benefit if you do it right. The Claw, if aiming at you, can make you automatically trigger a Counter, the bomb can kill people (as well as set off a Counter), and the Combo Cannon can keep people stuck trying to SDI out of it, and perhaps right into one of your good Aerials or a Smash attack.

Once that is all out of the way, stages 2-3 repeat.

That's all I can come up with, with certain characters Ike is neutral in terms of reaping benefits, whereas with others he gets more of it.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Battleship Halberd is an 50/50 on Ike's side. When the fight's in the air, it's bad on him when it comes ot some chracters, on the ground however, it's great on him. He can counter the robot arm and the cannon ball like like he can counter the missles in Pictochat. Over all, this stage is good and bad at the same time, depending on who you fight.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
The flying platform sequence seems to make everyone’s recoveries and ledgehopped options significantly better, including Ike’s. A ledgehopped Uair covers a large portion of the edge, poking shields and punishing rolls. And Ike can still use Aether afterterwards for recovering at one of the two slants near the center of the stage.

After we arrive at Halberd, the field suddenly gets too long for my taste. Projectile spammers should enjoy this. The ledges are still all right though.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
>___> Is only Kinzer gonna say something?
posting heres gets you banned thats why people where shined away.

Well at 1st try and keep your opponent off the main stage for an easy K.O. unfortunately there’s no easy way to do this but hell if you mange to pull it off good for you, you already have a 1 stock lead and its only been 20 seconds. The passable floor gives you some more options to recover and those slants at about 1/4th of the stage allow you to slide a bit when you land making some of your opponents attacks miss if you aether trough the bottom. If someone is spamming you at the edge you can run to the middle and just duck. Sometimes they just stand there not knowing what to do and after a few seconds you can quick dash and grab them or do a jab cancel to D. tilt (and brag about it). The next part is pretty big. Try and stay on your opponent if he’s trying to get distance between you to spam. Your counter can help you out against two of the hazards so its pretty kool if you stay close to your opponent so you both get hit and he ends up dying while you are unharmed. The giant laser can be used to edge guard just make sure you don’t get sent off the stage when the thing stops following you and die cause of it. The edges are strange they seem like they would push you like the ones in Smash Ville but they don’t if you aim your Aether wrong or send it in the wrong direction. If you are under the ledge Aether away from the stage and keep moving till you get next to the ledge.
Used to be the only stage to counter pick snake in :O. You can go pretty far with ledge hopped Fair under the stage and still go back with aether since it can grab the ledge behind it in the air platform. Of course if you miss say hi to an easy gimp.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
posting heres gets you banned thats why people where shined away.
Yeah... that's what it was...

Anyway Ussi if you want, you can use my write-up as a rough draft for your own write-up for the Halberd if you want, or if you really are lazy, you can directly quote it yourself, I don't care, maybe even change a couple of things here and there, it's all good.

So when do we get our new stage, commander?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Go crazy you guys.

BTW this is my 2nd favorite stage to play on after Pirate Ship.

Watch this, ignore the items: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vdXIMHYxY&fmt=18

The Ice stage allows you to do a sliding forward smash. The electric stage lets you forward smash while sliding away to avoid punishment. Or slide to them then fall off during ending lag to ignore the lag. The air stage is good for a rising uair. earth has a good wall lock area on the right side.

leave the rest to you guys

Guilhe

Smash Ace
When the fans start working and the characters becomes impossibly floaty, Ike’s Uair and Nair lingering hitboxes should become even more dangerous as the players should spend more time in the air. This should prove especially useful at edge guarding, as the floating effect perpetuates even off-stage.

Isn’t Glacier Smash a guaranteed follow-up to a grab release against certain characters?

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
On the ground portion of the stage if you do aether on the mound (either side) you slide a very big distance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any character weak to glacier smash we should CP here. Kirk [read this]! You have frame data about glacier smash don't you?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Glacier Smash won't work against anyone, by the way.

First hit of Fsmash comes out on 31, max advantage Ike gets from an air release is 24 frames, IIRC.

31>24

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well I think The air is probably my favorite part. To easy to bait reactions and with Ike's huge range you are pretty safe here. Once someone is in the air you just jump and await for them to air dodge then hit them with what ever you want. If you need to get down fast you just go and aether.

I haven't gotten the electric part down yet but I think it would be better to stay in the center and play defensively. Then when there is an opening, which is very likely as the conveyor belts mess up with defensive games pretty well and tend to help the offense. Charged attacks seem like a very obvious thing to go for. This is just me theory crafting here but I think it might be possible to grab someone slide of the edge air jump and spike them with Dair. Not sure what the trajectory is if you fall of the stage while grabbing someone I know if the stage changes you get sent into the air but if you both just fall then it can set up some very easy edge guards.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wow I forgot about this thread.

*Ahem*

When the fans start working and the characters becomes impossibly floaty, Ike’s Uair and Nair lingering hitboxes should become even more dangerous as the players should spend more time in the air. This should prove especially useful at edge guarding, as the floating effect perpetuates even off-stage.
Not to mention Ike's recovery is solved with the floatyness.

Melee f@gs QQ.

Are the any matchups where we should pick this stage?
There are probably better specific stages to CP certain characters here with, but Ike really has nothing to lose going to this stage. This is another "If I have nothing else to use and I'm not sure what to go with" stage.

The breakdown:

*spbh spbh spbh* Ah... Yeah... Uh... Uh-huh... Aww... Aww yeah... Hey DJ, give me the beat yo!

/gansta.

Here's the stages.

Neutral - Nothing special, just a Pkmn Stadium mirror. Medium-big blastzones, nothing too major about that...

Earth - Thing's get interesting here. We have a wall-infinite, and an Aether-slide.

Electric - Conveyer belts. They are the first thing most people notice, but if you look, there is no platform on the right side. Coveyer belts can be used to cancel attacks, or retreat from some, as has been said before.

Sky - This is basicaly a Final destination with Ike's easily gimped problem taken away. Ike has a lot of lingering hitboxes that go out pretty far, this can easily be taken advantage of. Again which has been mentioned before.

And finnaly we have...

Ice - Slick ground you're playing on. Hyphen smashes off the closet rack. Some opponents probably won't prepare themselves for the sliding Forward Smashes. Other than that, there are two small platforms on the very edges of the sides.

So every other rotation of stage transformations, neutral will come up, and a stage will come up at random. Ike can take advantage of at least one thing on all stages, so really there's little reason not to come here. Beware of the ledges here, they can gimp you if you get careless... though that really should not happen... really...

Other than that, perhaps D3 is another character who can take advantage of some of these stages just as much as you, but nobody else comse into mind who has something major going on here at Pkmn Stadium II.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This thread.

Ussi, my man, it needs more updates.

I propose we talk about Weegee's pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom