• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Japes, if it isn't your worst stage for Ike, I want what you're smoking.
Skyworld is worse for me.

I seem to die a sooner visa bouncing off of the bottom of the top platforms and into dead space. -_-

Or aether destroying the platform I'm trying to grab.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Correction:

If Jungle Japes isn't your worst LEGAL counterpick stage for Ike, I want whatever you're smoking.

This is resorting to spam, I suggest somebody make a suggestion.

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
I love me some delfino~

Expecialy during the parts with water, can't get gimped and can spike away at your enemies (perfect for going against MK during those parts of the level)

The part with the pillars over the water are perfect for Ike, spam aether, ledge RAR, etc. Then once you have them trapped between pillars you just spike away, theirs just no escaping lol

Also you have an infinite grab on one part with the sunshine thingy(didn't play Mario Sunshine so no idea what its called)

Finally if your a stock ahead and the platform is leaving you can just grab your enemy and SD with them

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head ^^

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Delfino rocks for Ike where water's concerned, which is about three areas the platform stops at. Then there are a couple walls that Ike can infinite grab onto.

In general, Delfino is a good stage for Ike until the areas with no platforms and uneven ground, which puts him at risk against projectile users.

metroid1117

Smash Master
The only bad thing about this stage is the "transparency" of the main platform when the stage is moving around; even if you make it over the platform with Aether, there is still a chance of you dying if you're not far above it enough. Also, you cannot QD onto the stage easily; you'll fall through the stage if you're too high above the edge but too low to get onto the stage. To my knowledge, you cannot edgehop a QD onto the stage (you'll just die if there's no stage below you).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
When the platform that has taken off is about to land, it gives you some mindgame potential by charging up something.

Not much else to say except watch out for D3 on that one walk-off stage for as long as that lasts I suppose... Ike can take advantage of almost every form of Delfino and goes neutral of some with a few characters minus the above situation specifically mentioned.

There's that, and at least if you feel like dropping down from the ledge to do Aether, you aren't as limited as to say... oh I dunno, Final Destination? Seeing as how the main platform isn't a "solid" as say the likes of Battlefield or Yoshi's. Just something to give you some food for thought...

Guilhe

Smash Ace
In my opinion Ike benefits a lot from this stage: It has some platform arrangements which we can abuse, and water sections.

Something I should recommend is to pay attention to the background during the flight sections. When the platforms are about to land, try to make a ledge hop aerial through the stage, fall down, and surprise your opponent with an Usmash hitting them from underneath the main platform.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I love this stage, though I wouldn't trust this stage fighting Kirby or Pit. :p

Also, has anyone successfully dunk someone that landed on water before?

D

Deleted member

I hate Norfair.

The worst thing you can do in this game is to land next to a shielding opponent. In a game where shield is god, your best move is to exploit it. Every character can do this, most of them better than Ike. So let's assume everyone is stupid and won't copy you.

The idea here is to trap opponents into a bad situation for Ike's advantage. If you're not familiar with this idea, try 2 full jumps ( maximum height) into a fastfalling upair. You want to fall with your opponent, such that if they attack, they lose to upair, and if they dodge, they come out of the invincibility into the upair. If they are not hit, they land next to you for a free jab combo or grab.

Move to Norfair. You can do this over and over again to essentially camp the lowest middle platform such that your opponent can never fall down into it. And if they land next to you, by all means grab and do a downthrow and try it again. Also, occasionally do dash away upsmashes from the side, it will cover the whole platform, and if your opponent shields it normally, probably slide off to the edge. If not, it's ok because the back hit isn't all that laggy.

Also feel free to simply shield camp into downthrow. Anything that puts them above you here (and off the edges) is good.

By having no aerial approach, that only leaves your opponent with grabbing the edges and coming up. Luckily for you, Ike is very, very good at not letting opponents up and over those edges to actually do anything to you.

Feel free to tech chase the 2 inner side platforms with upair, as you won't have to leave your station of front and center and it will cover the entire platform with SH upair.

Between the falling upair, free downthrows, shield camping, you should be able to maintain a very strong camping position for the most part.

Don't abuse the edges like MK/Pikachu can, you WILL die eventually.

DI everything up rather than directly at the attack, as off stage you will find the lava or the lack of lava to be much more dangerous than any opponent and you'll want to recover more than directly survive, if that makes sense.

Spamming dash pivot up B is a great way to throw the opponent off and to pin them to a platform above you for SH upair or next to you in shield. Abuse it.

SH bair can shield stab on platforms above you and doesn't take as long as upair. If you are at the edge of the lowest platform, uptilt facing in towards the middle. It can hit through the stage and push a shielding opponent off the platform and into your jab combo. Don't try to dash grab, you won't make it.

If someone takes your camp spot in the bottom middle, air dodge down to them and make sure to land out of shield grab range but on the same platform. Don't do aerials to a grounded character, you will never win vs anyone competent.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

*Wonders how much more or less viable QD becomes with 3 extra ledges to snap onto.*

...NAH!

Umbreon is spot-on with this, it would be better to DI up so you have more room to work with, and don't risk taking opponents to the top platforms where the boundaries are so close where Ike does an already fine job at doing that with the safety of the middle platform.

Character wise I am unsure of which would make an impact on how Ike would perform on the stage, I know that with Sonic I have to always be on the move and attack from below (because a lot of my opponents cannot retaliate against a game where I play like an earthworm and burrow below them but strike from that angle), Ike seems like the character would rather enjoy being in one place, and as such would have the advantage against Sonic on Norfair.

The music here is great.

More ledges means more ways to recover when it comes to Aether, say you get hit at that low of an angle, you can go to the ledge that would be safer and if it is still within reach.

I wonder how hard Ike would be able to **** people that had to use the capsule to avoid the stage-wide laval wave, and I'm talking about Ike being outside the capsule (it's a frenzy in there... and for all we know, they could actually - *shot*).

Perhaps somebody can make a mention for characters with projectiles, I am only assuming this is with characters who have no projectile of some sort or one that is adaptable such as Pit's Palutena's Arrows.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Sure Umbreon covered just about everything, but you didn't mention what Ike players should do about incoming lava. Not just the wave but also when the wall of lava comes, when lava rises and forces you on highest 2 platforms, and when the lava sprays on stage from the background. The spray usually isn't hard to avoid while staying on the center platform but still. I find it fun to back throw or forward throw enemies into the incoming lava wall, especially at high %s

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, do whatever you feel like/is appriopriate for your opponent, if you feel courageous, you can pursuit your opponent when the lava rises up from the bootom, or you could go the opposite way and just wait.

That might not be suggested with say somebody like Samus or whoever else has a charged up projectile, but it's a viable choice when you don't feel like battling it out with a Marth.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I like the funny glitch that can happen in this stage. It's rare, but if you knock someone far enough into the lava wall as it comes from the side of the screen, they will shoot back out. Thats normal. Occasionally however, they will hit a stage edge, and bounce back into the lava. This will continue until the lava leaves, or the character is flat out KO'd deep within the lava wall. XD I've only gotten it to work once, but that was probably the easiest stock I ever took in that level. The other guy ended up with an extra 60% or so of damage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's just not the guy trying to airdodge to get out of hitstun (in mah Barlw?!?), and the invincibility frames let them go through the lava but since they are speeding off so fast it seems like they're sinking in whne really it's just a fluke?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope. They bounced back and forth several times. I've seen a video where a guy got bounced back and forth like, 5 times. It's a glitch of some sort....

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I like the funny glitch that can happen in this stage. It's rare, but if you knock someone far enough into the lava wall as it comes from the side of the screen, they will shoot back out. Thats normal. Occasionally however, they will hit a stage edge, and bounce back into the lava. This will continue until the lava leaves, or the character is flat out KO'd deep within the lava wall. XD I've only gotten it to work once, but that was probably the easiest stock I ever took in that level. The other guy ended up with an extra 60% or so of damage.
lol yea i've seen it done before D:
kewl:p

lol first time i seen the stage animations in the first page haha@ brinstar

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guys to celebrate this thread getting sticky'd I'm gonna start caring again and write the stage descriptions again work harder than before ^^;; (I wrote Brinstar now)

One more day of norfair and i'll change it.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Just want to add a little information on Brinstar:
The main platform is traversable from underneath it, The Ike player could do a ledgehop Uair or Fair for pushing enemies away and then aim the Aether into a slant as a form of recovery. Enemies can abuse that as well, remember you can Dair them through the main platform.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering something maybe i missed or you didnt mention...
Which is the best stage to play Ike, in general and without taking into account the charcter you are fighting. I come to think of Castle Siege but im not sure....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just wondering something maybe i missed or you didnt mention...
Which is the best stage to play Ike, in general and without taking into account the charcter you are fighting. I come to think of Castle Siege but im not sure....
Pirate Ship, since aether protects from spikes, sets up spikes, and prevents Ike from being gimped. But the main reason is IKE DOES NO GET GIMPED on this stage. Also, since the stage tilts and has two perfectly spaced platforms, it helps Ike not get camped.

But since PS is banned in some areas, the next stage that is best to fight on is just up to personal preference. Brinstar, Battlefield, delfino, Halberd are all good and serve different purposes. Personally I go PS2 but that also is banned so after that I use Brinstar. I use RC as a counterpick to surprise people. Not many people expect to fight Ike there. PS1 is also a good counter pick since it provides walls to wall infinite and platforms and the lip on the edge does no bother Ike as much as others.

So statistically:

Good stages:

Pirate Ship
Brinstar/Delfino/Battlefield
Halberd/Pokemon Stadium 1&2/Rainbow Cruise

Bad stages:

Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon

But personal preference comes first.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What about Corneria Ussi?

Perhaps that doesn't contribute since Corneria also happens to be banned.

Perhaps it is the same story with Green Greens.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Meh, I wasn't thinking of Corneria since that gets banned more than PS. Yea I don't ever see those stages ever so I didn't bring it up :\

Umbreon, no one else will believe us :\ so we can just **** people here and laugh at them. For now I'll keep it on the list ;o

BTW Halberd and PS2 is done and Next stage is up.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Take Diddy here. No clue why, but I find this stage great for fighting Diddy. O_o Something about the stage changing to disrupt his banana positioning.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Take Diddy here. No clue why, but I find this stage great for fighting Diddy. O_o Something about the stage changing to disrupt his banana positioning.
I do the same thing except for a different reason. A while back, I saw a vid of Diddy falling through the stage. I have no clue how it happens but I've seen it happen 3 times after I seen that vid. All of them happened to Diddy.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Stadium one is my prefered cp for Snake. 2 Stages allow you to Infinite on walls and it's spaced platforms on the neutral are helpful too.
I just hate the lip that occasionally traps you when trying to recover. Ryko said something about pulling back to save yourself. However, I havent been able to do this myself.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm okay with RC.

If my opponents take me there fine, but you won't ever see me CPing this stage unless it's Olimar.

Anyway The constant stage shifting might be why Diddy does not so stellar on this stage.

Let's see... quick things I remember...

The windmill is combo-food/a lifesaver if you can tech.

The blastzones are far and wide.

The infinite is possible on the rock transformation, as well as the left side being extra juicy for a reason I don't know.

The standard stage is perfect for projectile users and for getting out of the way of said projectiles not just on the standard transformation but on some others as well. It's a pretty big stage.

I think one of the transformations has a design technicality on the right side where you get stuck even though nothing seems to be in the way. Not sure which one sadly, but my money is on the fire/rock transformation.

Speaking of Fire-transformations, I think you can infinte people/keep them stuck there with whatever you feel like, and the same can be done to you. Not to mention Fair will slice right through the tree and you can hit people on the other side with little regards to retaliation if your opponent cannot match the same stratigy.

The stage transformations that block off parts make a nice time-killer if you're ahead on %/stock.

There is a glitch on the forest level in Brawl: walk onto it on the very left where the tree stump is while it is forming, and you will fall through. Taken directly from Wikipedia, be creative. Nothing else about the stage seems to be eye-catching to me other than the usual platform abuse for Ike.

Edit: Ussi, I would make mention of not taking Weegee to Halberd, he has a pretty nifty vertical game that isn't just the FJP.

XACE-K

Smash Master
There is a glitch on the forest level in Brawl: walk onto it on the very left where the tree stump is while it is forming, and you will fall through.
One of the times I saw it, it was the rock formation that happened. Could be a one time glitch but the forest level glitch occurs the most. Anyways,

-Ike can wall infinite on the fire and rock levels. He can also platform abuse on all levels.

-The tree, windmill and cliffs are good for wall techs to keep yourself alive.

-idk which moves they are but I think some of Ike's moves (and others that aren't his) can go through the tree on the fire level in the little nook at the bas of it.

That's all I got for now.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Pirate Ship, since aether protects from spikes, sets up spikes, and prevents Ike from being gimped. But the main reason is IKE DOES NO GET GIMPED on this stage. Also, since the stage tilts and has two perfectly spaced platforms, it helps Ike not get camped.

But since PS is banned in some areas, the next stage that is best to fight on is just up to personal preference. Brinstar, Battlefield, delfino, Halberd are all good and serve different purposes. Personally I go PS2 but that also is banned so after that I use Brinstar. I use RC as a counterpick to surprise people. Not many people expect to fight Ike there. PS1 is also a good counter pick since it provides walls to wall infinite and platforms and the lip on the edge does no bother Ike as much as others.

So statistically:

Good stages:

Pirate Ship
Brinstar/Delfino/Battlefield
Halberd/Pokemon Stadium 1&2/Rainbow Cruise

Bad stages:

Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon

But personal preference comes first.
Lol, my friend JUST left, 5 minutes ago and i was maining Ike, and i came to realize, WOW, Pirate ship is just awesome with Ike! So many Meteors i made, and so few not-reach-the-ledge deaths!

Also, delfino plaza is very good for when you get the part of the water, especially with those earth.tower thingies, which provide just great depth and spacing to spike the oponent

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Agreed, Ike only benefits from Delfino Plaza.

Except perhaps when you take D3 to the walk offs and you get grabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom