• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Isnt it allowed on tournies?
Its not stupid... Ai No Uta ROCKS! :D
Anyway, Ironically enough for Ike, i think that if you stay away from the water its a really good stage. You can abuse alot from Aerials, be it because of the platforms or from a the distance between the steep land from the left towards the main platform, which by the way is enough to hit anyone with an Util or Usmash.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, we really should discuss Distant Planet, because IIRC according to the false SBR's legal stage list, it can be a counterpick stage.

Either that, or we don't have anything else to talk about except the banned stages like 75M and Mushroomy Kingdom and all that jazz.

Might as well be efficient and go with the ones that actually have a chance of being legal at a tourney, and Distant Planet is one of them.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
According to a couple of tournies ive been in and what you say, Distant Planet is banned in some, not all.

You might as well discuss about it not only for the sake of winning a Torunament being Ike, but to imporve your general gameplay in every stage, in every situation. Of course im not very interested to investigate on 75m... but if i want to play a friendly (or not so friendly) match i wanna know in which stages i will excell.

Its not just about tournies, is it?

"Either that, or we don't have anything else to talk about except the banned stages like 75M and Mushroomy Kingdom and all that jazz."
We could mention PS1 so we dont annoy Ussi xD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well no, he said he was just fine with us going a little bit off the main topic so long as it pertained to Ike and how he performed on stages, and IMO everything that could be said for PSI already has been mentioned.

Yes, I believe I even acknowledged this in my previous post that from this point on we will have to work with the stages that risk being a CP/Banned stage, DP is in that borderline and everything else has already been discussed and/or the unquestionable banned stages are of no importance/nobody CP certain stages enough to really affect you/ You will never have to bother with it so there is no point in discussing it in the first place. If I didn't highlight that, then I ether really didn't or I didn't make it clear enough, regardless though we are running out of stages to work with that's for sure.

We went through this topic so fast and due to the barren details about stages, there isn't much to do other than when we're done with all of this look at specific characters and what stages they do worst/best on and how their attributes contribute to that solution, which will hopefully when brought to life be a very good reference for tourney-going Ikes to know where exactly to go to.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
K... i think you said i shouldnt worry for Distant Planet. Its a shame cause its a stage i think Ike does very Well, and taking away the hazards (Giant frog-monster, ehem) might even do better than in Battlefield.

Anyway, what you propose will take alot of time... every character for every allowed stage? Puff

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Humm... i just read something you wrote Ussi, in the Frigate Orpheon stage... BThrow and Fsmash??? COuld you please explain that?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Emm, sorry for the Noobie question but im still learning technical names... whats sweet spot? Or for the matter, sweet spot the ledge? And why Bthrow, Fthrow does not have the same effect?

Im guessing its that they cant grab from the ledge cause its frigate orpheons right side... so when they land with endless lag... lol, Ike punishment. Am i right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
bthrow is stronger. And this isn't giving every single situation, its just the best one. Improvising is up to the player.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Oh, i didnt know that thanks. Ill try in Frigate orpheon, i like that stage anyways.

Yay!!!! 100 POSTS!! Am i a Smash Lord now???

: D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
no. Smash Lord is 1000 posts. But post count has nothing to do with Skill. Otherwise Sonic would be top tier and Ike would be like 4th on the list.

Frigate is bad for Ike, since his recovery is bad. But those who also have weak recoveries can be exploited as much as Ike here. Just be warned. This stage is a double edged sword when you CP it. Also it just stabbing you in the foot when they change their character to like MK.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i know im not a smash lord yet. Didnt quite get what u said about skill...

Yeah i know what they say about Frigate orpheon. Ill just try to bring an Olimar when choose it xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lol, i know im not a smash lord yet. Didnt quite get what u said about skill...

Yeah i know what they say about Frigate orpheon. Ill just try to bring an Olimar when choose it xD
Only the ledge is bad for Olimar. Apparently, Olimar quite likes the rest of the stage. It's small, so he's more deadly. I mean, his grab range is like, 1/6 of the stage length.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lightalchemist, there are people with 6k+ posts who are absolutely terrible and people with 10 posts who are extremely good. Post count = apprentice / lord / master etc, but it say anything about skill.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Only the ledge is bad for Olimar. Apparently, Olimar quite likes the rest of the stage. It's small, so he's more deadly. I mean, his grab range is like, 1/6 of the stage length.
I mained Olimar before. Its Like Final Destination or battlefield IMO, but i suffered when i got kicked by the right side xD

Hey, that signature is offensive for everyone in this thread!

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Lightalchemist, there are people with 6k+ posts who are absolutely terrible and people with 10 posts who are extremely good. Post count = apprentice / lord / master etc, but it say anything about skill.
Lol Palpi, you actually thought i imagined that?

ITs not like, "Yay, 125 posts, now i can do B-air reversals!!!"

Palpi

Smash Hero
I know this is on pokemon stadium 1. but I don't like battle field anymore. It is hard to pressure the opponent that is hanging on the ledge. It aggrovates me. Ussi, i love ur forum sig.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Thanks :) It took me forever to find the perfect picture of Ike to compliment a Pikachu pic. And then I had to find a good background. Took like an hour.

Battlefield is cramped. Its only good when you want it that way. Nowadays I love space and I normally prefer FD/SV over Battlefield. I found it easier to battle TL on FD cause there was on TL I fought who just knew how to spam projectiles on BF so he had me stuck unable to do anything. I couldn't run away to avoid his bombs/boomerang. Plus platforms are better for fast juggling characters. It helps so much for juggling and Ike is too slow to juggle in brawl. the only thing Ike has is uair, usmash, utilt, fsmash and aether. But that is nothing compared to the power of juggling.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering, how good is Halberd in general.

Cause i founded the falling-right-through the platform quite annoying. Practicing in there i died a couple of times. Otherwise, it seem a rather normal stage, right?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Wow! No posts in this thread for the past 2 days!!! Amazing... Where has everyone been? and also i think its about time we move on to another stage... Please? lol

Kirk

Smash Champion
This stage is horrible.

-You can get gimped SO easy here. It's ridiculous...
-The water slows down your opponents when you try to spike them. So stupid!
-You can't use the middle platforms to your advantage at all...cause there's two of them!
-The various slanted ground of the stage really hinder your spacing game...sliding away from your opponent after an attack? I don't want to get far away, I want to be all up in his face!
-There's no distractions at all and thus your opponents can basically camp you all day. >.>
-One of the transformations, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. What can you do there? Nothing! It's a rock and a hard place!!
-Did I mention the water is stupid? It totally saves your opponents from dying...and you can't camp with Aether in hopes of snagging them down and spiking them right after...at all...seriously...

Yeah...stage is horrible. I ban it every time.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
The only people you don't want to CP Pirate Ship against are Ganon and Tink, because they love it too. Otherwise, pick it against EVERYBODY.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Lol at Kirk, water is a blessing.

I love this stage, cause of the water just saving you from the recoveries you would otherwise fail due to distances, the platforms which i can use to my advantage, and also when anyone is tring to recover ill just go and air on them and then safely fall into the water xD
Another good point is the fact that all your aerials can go jsut through the left side of the ship. So when you are int eh water, you opponent expecting you to recover so as to punish you, you just leap and hit him with a Fair, or whatevr you want and you wont miss.
As well with an Up B, as you jsut go through the floor, its amazing

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd gladly take Ganon or Tink to Pirate Ship. Particularly now that I know counter diving. Ganon is too slow to fear much in the water (more so then a lot of characters, but still not enough to avoid CPing with this stage), and Tink hovers before diving down for the spike while the tilting can mess up his projectiles.

Heck, I'm more hesitant to take Sonic here. Spring gimps are no fun, and I can't get the bugger into the water. Too fast and too good and flying through the air to land back on the ship without touching the water. >_<

Infinitys, aethersliding, water spiking, slow falling AD eating aerials, platform fun, throwing into bombs/catapult, counter diving, is there any trick that Ike has he can't use here outside of Glacier Smashing?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tink and Ganon may like this stage too but Ike is not on a losing battle against them. Its more an even footing, however Ike has aether to protect from spikes so yea I believe Ike still has the upper hand in water battles.

But most people will keep the **** away from the water but aether lets you drag them down when you hit them towards it.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Tink and Ganon may like this stage too but Ike is not on a losing battle against them. Its more an even footing, however Ike has aether to protect from spikes so yea I believe Ike still has the upper hand in water battles.

But most people will keep the **** away from the water but aether lets you drag them down when you hit them towards it.
You'd be surprised at how fast Ganon can be in the water. And remember, he can boatspike you as well if you mess up.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike can do nearly all that Ganon can do on Pirate Ship, but better. He just can't chainchoke Add on top of that avoid spikes with aether, his jab games, infinities, you get the picture.

And Ike can boat spike too. >_> Bair or Counter anyone?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Ike can do nearly all that Ganon can do on Pirate Ship, but better. He just can't chainchoke Add on top of that avoid spikes with aether, his jab games, infinities, you get the picture.

And Ike can boat spike too. >_> Bair or Counter anyone?
I've had Ganon jab-lock people against walls before. It was ****ing hilarious. That and the fact that while you're in the water, Ganon has the faster aerials. >_>

Oh, and when I said boatspike, I meant auto-boatspike. If he does an aerial MC on you in the right spot, you're going to lose a stock and Ganon'll be safe. It's not a spot where it's easy to kill him, either.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
what is boat spiking just hitting someone into the boat or hitting them so they get run over by the boat?

Also Ike has better range in the water and a better set up. Speed is not that big of a deal how many characters have faster spikes than Ike? how many of those guys counter pick pirate ship against him?

We've already been over this PS Ike > PS ganon.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
what is boat spiking just hitting someone into the boat or hitting them so they get run over by the boat?

Also Ike has better range in the water and a better set up. Speed is not that big of a deal how many characters have faster spikes than Ike? how many of those guys counter pick pirate ship against him?

We've already been over this PS Ike > PS ganon.
Actually, I was mostly referring to his other aerials. Ganon's nair, uair, fair, and bair will outspeed Ike.

And yes, boatspiking is getting them run over.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
they all come out under 7 frames? thats pretty bad *** then.

How ever I don't see the point to it, you hit us out of the water > fall down > we jump > you come up for air > we spike you back down > rinse and repeat.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ganon's uair comes out frame 6 while his nair comes out frame 7. Bair comes out frame 10 and his fair and dair are frame 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom