• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, Ike only benefits from Delfino Plaza.

Except perhaps when you take D3 to the walk offs and you get grabbed.
Not quite, he benefits with anyone with water actually, i can come to think only of Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship now... any other with water?

Or for the matter, any other which benefits Ike?
Im tempted to say Castel siege, but im not sure

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not quite, he benefits with anyone with water actually, i can come to think only of Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship now... any other with water?

Or for the matter, any other which benefits Ike?
Im tempted to say Castel siege, but im not sure
Jungle Japes has water.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the thing with Jungle Japes is that i think its even worst than having no water for Ike, as the quick current traps you, being so heavy and of slow recovery, youll get easily KO´ed. Plus i get the feeling that because of how the stage is made, quicker or lighter characters have an advantage over me in there

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He was being a smart-*** when he replied to your post. He said how JJ has water, but if you know just enough about Ike, then you know it's his worst stage.

...Uhm hey Ussi, is it alright we go a little bit off-topic in your trhead so long as we talk about Ike and how he does on stages?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea, go ahead and talk about anything stage related with Ike. once we get through all the stages, we're gonna look at the best set of stages to CP with as each stage provides good CPs for certain characters. Ike doesn't have one set stage besides Pirate Ship :\

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Preferably one that isn't questioned to be banned.

One thing's for sure is that Delfino is the next best stage from what I can tell, with BF after.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Problem with delfino is that some characters will love to attack you from below. Aka MK, not a perfect stage for Ike.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm pretty sure the platforms on the take-off portion of the stage do well in negating the "burrow-strike" stratigy.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
He was being a smart-*** when he replied to your post. He said how JJ has water, but if you know just enough about Ike, then you know it's his worst stage.

...Uhm hey Ussi, is it alright we go a little bit off-topic in your trhead so long as we talk about Ike and how he does on stages?
Lol, i wasnt quite sure he was being sarcastic so i went polite xD

And i was going to asl the same, as we went a little off topic.

Anyway, only pirate stage is a fixed for Ike? Really, no others?

I mean yeah, pirate stage and Delfino Plaza cause of water, but there are no ground stage which benefit him? I come to think of Castle siege, istn it good at least?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice

Lol, i wasnt quite sure he was being sarcastic so i went polite xD

And i was going to asl the same, as we went a little off topic.

Anyway, only pirate stage is a fixed for Ike? Really, no others?

I mean yeah, pirate stage and Delfino Plaza cause of water, but there are no ground stage which benefit him? I come to think of Castle siege, istn it good at least?

P.S: Really off topic, dont answer if its wrong, but... i wanna place an Ike signature... how can i?

Edit: Sorry for double post, my PC went mad suddenly

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If it's a banner or image, you're going to have to get the URL of the imagie, and post it inbetween "*insert image here*[/*IMG]" Remove the asterick (*) and voila, you should have a desired sig.

Also Battlefield is probably Ike's best neutral stage, perhaps Pkmn Stadium II works great too, and I don't see it being banned too often if ever. Castle Siege is alright, but there are better CP stages IMO.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When I say Pirate Ship is the best stage to use for Ike i mean because NO other character will be able to have the advantage vs Ike on this level. Unlike other stages were its good in general but there are a few characters you don't want to fight there.

D

Deleted member

battlefield is gay for ike, people just camp under the 2 side platforms.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
**** rumble falls, that stage doesn't exist. All stages mentioned beforehand have been legal in some point of their life.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol at Rumble falls or Pkmn Stad I reference.

Lol at Burrito referring Corneria even though Ike can do okay there too.

Lol at Hanenbow always being a guaranteed banned stage.

But let's try to take this back on-topic

Anyway Umbreon, I thought Ike was suppose to be good here, what with the platforms to take care of projectiles, his long range which does well to punish those who like to hang on said platforms, better ledges, and all that jazz.

... Lol at Green Hill Zone. O.O

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll say BF depends on the character. There are times when you want space and when you don't want space. Brawls you want space, BF tends to get in the way since platforms make is more cramped and its the thinner stage.

When BF is too small, go to SV for more room.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I just played alot of matches in Battlefield with Ike, against a Falco and a Snake.
All i felt was safe from projectiles,a nd slightly benefited for the platform due to Ike´s aerials. Other than that i cant seem to find any "awesomness" for Ike on that stage

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It could also be personal preference.

Like how I really like Final Destination, regardless of wather I am Ike or Sonic.

Guess I get so used to just being out in the open than having to work in a maze-like environment.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't be smart with your CPs though, I heard Jiggles has a harder time on BF than FD.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Isnt Final destination REALLY bad for IKE? I just dont see ANY adavntage at all for him being so exposed.

Kinzer, i main Ike and Sonic, you too?? I do like Final destination for SOnic on the other hand

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I won't go as far to say as that it is bad (okay it is in certain situations, if you know your opponent is Falco for example, do not under any circumstances go to this stage as Ike, he already has a 75/25 advantage on you, unless you CP characters you need to maximize your chances to win), but it's just not Ike's best neutral, and there are better stages to go to with certain characters.

I'm not even sure I worded that right, but I guess having a little bit of jumping/tech skill helps. It's probably also the fact that Final D is Sonic's playground and from that I just like the stage better and has taught me how to work around things. I used to play Ike long before I went Sonic and I played on FD so much that I got used to it.

People also just naturally hate FD for whatever reason, which again is personal preference, but I make it a nightmare for those people to fight me, and they just lose faith when I use the Blue Blur.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Yeah, its unbearable to have to withstand any projectile player with Ike in FInal destination. Maybe its true that short hopping helps, but you might as well choose battlefield for that.
Anyway, as i dont want to start talking about Sonic, cause ill porbably will, what about Ike and Frigate Oprheon? I really dont know why Ike players hate it so muchs, just cant see it

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Lol. Yeah, its unbearable to have to withstand any projectile player with Ike in FInal destination. Maybe its true that short hopping helps, but you might as well choose battlefield for that.
Anyway, as i dont want to start talking about Sonic, cause ill porbably will, what about Ike and Frigate Oprheon? I really dont know why Ike players hate it so muchs, just cant see it
I can't see it either. The grabbable ledge that makes Aether not have a million years of ending lag, that is.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Mhm, I tried to just make mention of how my Sonic game co-existed with my Ike game, of course I have a whole other board to talk about Sonic.

Anyway Frigate is like neutral for Ike, it's just that one side on that one stage without the grabbable ledge, it's very notorious.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
So you are saying its NOT as bad as they say?

Also... wow, i was going to make a friend make me a sig with the same signature saying Light as well... Guess yuo got there first xD

If yuo stop using it someday, mind if i borrow it?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So you are saying its NOT as bad as they say?

Also... wow, i was going to make a friend make me a sig with the same signature saying Light as well... Guess yuo got there first xD

If yuo stop using it someday, mind if i borrow it?
I post everywhere here, I'm surprised this is the first time you've seen me post.

Anyways, if I stop using this, sure you can use it. Though since I really like this signature....I don't plan on not using it. It's not a fancy signature, it just gets the point across.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Just don't get put offstage, and you're fine.

The small stage makes a great way to stay up close to opponents who would rather to try hang out far, like perhaps Samus or dare I say Sonic who needs room to run around (his offstage game is bad for you though, at least on this stage). People like R.O.B. and MK will make you want to choke somebody though, so try not to fight people with too good of a recovery/offstage game here.

If you get good on Frigate, you would defenitely surprise people who CPed you just for the thought that you would do bad on Frigate, which is what some of the other guys here say about ho they like RC even though they are Ike and it catches a lot of their opponents offgaurd.

Again not a suggested CP stage to go to, but if you have to you can do okay, and of course there are better CP stages to be at.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I like how a part of Delfino when the platform is traveling on its way to the next stage part when it is going over the water, like really close or skimming over it, if you fall off stage you will get caught in the water and because of the stages speed you will get caught and die automatically. That happened to me once and I'm just like what the **** just happened?!?!?!?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Talking about PS1, but everyone here is talking about other stages. I don't really use what others say anyway, cause I normally have everything down. But there is that rare chance someone says something smart.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Late, but I have been messing around with Norfair lately and QD.

What I found:

QD is actually quite usable as a recovery move on this stage. If you miss the top platform just by a tad, you WILL get the second platform.

The auto-snap range on this stage is insane. I've snapped onto the second platform from half a character length down. O_o

It's impossible to QD from the Top platform to the bottom platform. Either you hit the second platform, or you die.

If you attempt the drop down, second jump, QD back to the ledge trick on Norfair, you will fly through the platform you are attempting to QD back onto, and land on the one below. This also, oddly enough, makes QD usable as an attack in this form, provided they were on the same platform you were attempting to QD hop onto. The opponent can't punish you, as you're too busy falling back down to the other platform.

If you Ledgehog -> DJ -> QD, on the top platform, you can land on the far end of the second platform on the other side of the stage.

If you ledgejump from either of the bottom or middle platform, you jump high enough to land on the platform above you.

Fun stuff eh?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Err, sorry about that Ussi.
May i ask something from other stages even though you are currently researching about PS1?
Cause i really had some doubts about Distant Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom