• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am the most brilliant Zelda player you will ever meet

darkatma

Smash Hero
Like I told you guys, all the good smashers know each other by now..
Top Cat, you're still a nobody.
Renth is a good smasher, he knows UmbreonMow and Ryoko (and magus) were basically the best zeldas of melee.

That and Ryoko only plays zelda and peach in brawl, i'm PRETTY sure he knows how to play them well by now.
Then again, he doesn't need anyone to prove his skill, he can already win tournaments and beat other top players.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
If you are going to try to communicate with people and subject all of us to your idiocy USE GRAMMAR.

Thanks.
You are now my favourite delurker ever ;).

*prods at the not-present Ryoko* Thread's getting a little messy. I think it needs some lovin' from its starter ;).

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Like I told you guys, all the good smashers know each other by now..
Top Cat, you're still a nobody.
Renth is a good smasher, he knows UmbreonMow and Ryoko (and magus) were basically the best zeldas of melee.

That and Ryoko only plays zelda and peach in brawl, i'm PRETTY sure he knows how to play them well by now.
Then again, he doesn't need anyone to prove his skill, he can already win tournaments and beat other top players.
plz tell me hes a friend of yours and your not on someones nuts who youve never met.

p.s have you been to a tournament who are you?

ill play you and him in brawl whenever you want

Kuromie

Smash Rookie
When would be a good time to use the standard B (sorry don't know the name of it ^^)

S2

Smash Lord
Ryoko, this topic has to be the cockiest post I've ever seen from you. Then again, you're probably qualified to post it. You're one of the few people who had a good tournament Zelda in Melee and actually frequented those boards.

I'd take extra Zelda advice from you any day. And so should everyone else. :)

Kuromie... for Zelda's standard B, its
1.) A pretty good reflector.
2.) Knocks away opponents who get to close (like what Fox does with his reflector). It'll hit on both sides of you, which is a plus. Other than her d-smash, Zelda lacks quick attacks for when an opponent is very close (she also has a slow throw), so this is handy if they are expecting you to d-smash in defense.

It's disadvantage is that the relfect time is set. You can't hold it out. And low percentage characters can counter-attack you if you use it offensively (for the actual hits and not as a reflector). Don't abuse this move because you can be punished bad if the attack misses. Use it only in the correct situations.

SoftCactus

Smash Rookie
plz tell me hes a friend of yours and your not on someones nuts who youve never met.

No one wants to play you. We just want you to stop posting here, in case we accidentally read some of it and injure our brain.

My most difficult match up at the time seems to be wolf. His blaster seems to win the ranged, fight stopping the dins fire spam and I am forced to move towards him.

Is it better to try to land with an areal attack or dodge as you land and go for a grab/tilt? Or something else?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Kuromie... for Zelda's standard B, its
1.) A pretty good reflector.
2.) Knocks away opponents who get to close (like what Fox does with his reflector). It'll hit on both sides of you, which is a plus. Other than her d-smash, Zelda lacks quick attacks for when an opponent is very close (she also has a slow throw), so this is handy if they are expecting you to d-smash in defense.
Don't forget that it throws her opponents towards the direction she's facing. So, if she's away, then she'll pull her opponents through and then push. If it's towards, it basically pushes away.

S2

Smash Lord
Good point Tsuteto. That aspect of Naryu's love is pretty obscure, but useful to know.

Kuromie, I'd suggest getting good with Din's fire at first, as its easily spammable (although its avoidable by good players) and quite powerful.

With Zelda, much of what your going to need to learn is spacing. Things like her f/b-air, f-smash, etc... all are at their great advantage with correct spacing. Either via sweetspot or their hit mechanics. While spacing is important to all characters, its especially important for Zelda because the knockback/damage can change with just a tiny bit of spacing.

Unfortunately, the best I can recommend with spacing is to just play the game/practice when you can sweetspot her aerials and where you should be in relation to an opponent in order to get the most out of your smashes.

That and watch videos of Zelda players. Watching better players is probably the easiest way to get a feeling for how a good players uses a given character.

Sikarios

Smash Cadet
What's up with Zelda's "straight butter" Usmash? In some ways it is beginning to remind me of Pikachu's Dsmash because it seems to magnetize the opponent so well.

I've tried doing dash attacks with tallish characters and the Usmash will STILL get me much of the time! I guess me question is, I feel the this move has somewhat unique properties for a smash: what is the length/behavior of the hitbox?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What are Zelda's best matchups, and what are her most difficult? And what causes these advantages/disadvantages?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Zelda has class. Link does not. She's waiting until I get to Hyrule ^^

In all seriousness though, Zelda is really good against those who can't approach fast. If the opponent doesn't know what they're doing then they are going to be punished hard, pure and simple. Take Ike for example. He's not that slow, but he's not too fast either. He really shouldn't take more than two stocks if you're both equally skilled.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Fox I know for sure is one of Zelda's worst match ups. His speed and projectiles over ride hers by a lot and her reflector isn't as good as Fox's so his lasor spam gets through easy.

Your have to fight a Fox player up close and hope for the best.

~preCurser

Smash Cadet
I just got worked by a good GnW yesterday. With him, Din's is a mindgame but if he can catch 3-4 he basically gets one stock off you (if it hits). And his turtle approach is very annoying, hard to approach him and if he continutes to spam his aerials to apporach he forces you to defend with kicks, which are hard enough to sweet spot without lag online.

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah, the space animals are not good matchups.

I've been playing against a wolf player and basically, wolf's projectile doesn't go far enough where you can reflect it back at him unless you're quite close (close enough where its a risk to do so). He can also relfector your din's, making it a game of patience before someone finally becomes aggressive.

Any character that forces Zelda to play aggressively is a problem.

At least it's not like Melee where Din's sucked massively and many characters forced you into approaching (well if you were playing a good player who knew wtf he was doing against a Zelda).

Renth

Smash Hero

Or you can play me in Melee cause that game actually takes skill.

IMCJ

Smash Rookie
Chyea

I have vision that you lack.

Anyone who disagrees with my judgements, will squander in their games.

My advice is greater than all others.

And most importantly, my Zelda style is also greater than all others.

If you have a question, I likely have the answer.

/ego tripping

So go ahead and ask.
No, I am :)

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Fox I know for sure is one of Zelda's worst match ups. His speed and projectiles over ride hers by a lot and her reflector isn't as good as Fox's so his lasor spam gets through easy.

Your have to fight a Fox player up close and hope for the best.
Fox isn't the toughest matchup, his lasers are faster and have much longer range than ur dins fire so you can't out projectile him, but, a few kick out of powershields will do him in, as he is one of the lightest chars in the game, right next to jigglypuff. His lasers don't exactly hurt your approach, though they do rack up damage, you can approach as you normally would because they don't make you flinch.

Wolf is an easier space animal to beat. You can out projectile him as his projectile is slow and has low priority. He also has a very weak shine. Falco would be the toughest of the space animals, with a strong shine and a projectile that really hurts zelda's approaches, you have to get creative to beat him

easest would be bowser, ganon, dedede, the big chars which can be "kicked" easily off the stage. The toughest matchup would probably be Pit, great projectiles that naryus love cant beat, and good priority speed and combos. Marth shouldn't be on the "toughest" list, because though he is tough, his approaches are hindered by zelda 's projectiles.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Am I the ONLY one that has an easier time kicking the smaller targets compared to the bigger ones? Jeez....

Marth117

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty good at using Zelda but I still can't seem to master the final smash, any way I could get more kills out of my final smash attack when I get it.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Am I the ONLY one that has an easier time kicking the smaller targets compared to the bigger ones? Jeez....
no! i completely ***** jigglypuff with the kicks. i was quite surprised that jiggs was so easy to connect and others like Ike weren't. if only i could do it against meta knight. f*ck meta knight >:[

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm pretty good at using Zelda but I still can't seem to master the final smash, any way I could get more kills out of my final smash attack when I get it.
First, the arrow loses power the more things (opponents, items, crates, etc..) it goes through. The first thing you hit will get the largest does of light-arrowness.

Second, try to get to one side of the stage. You control WAY more space that way.

Don't forget you can jump and shoot the arrow.

Be patient; you'll keep that final smash for quite some time. Don't get trigger-happy and miss... that sucks.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh, and another thing about the arrow is it changes from Shiek's form to Zelda's form a little bit.

With Zelda, you'll be hitting for 42 damage and they'll go flying diagonally.
With Shiek, you'll be hitting for 48 damage and they'll go flying straight ahead.

Hope that helps a bit - if you have a Smash Ball, don't be afraid to switch to Shiek for a bit if it'd help you more with kills (say in places such as Hyrule Temple or Spear Pillar's lower halves).

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel that it's necessary to bump/revive this for the younger generation, so I can shove my authority and superiority in their faces.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
that;s what I love about you Ryoko... you are so modest. It's endearing, really.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
I feel that it's necessary to bump/revive this for the younger generation, so I can shove my authority and superiority in their faces.
Well, I dont understand why a thread saying im the best is still here, but, that comment made me lol so ill bump you. I'd love to challenge the best zelda in the world with my zelda someday.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
hmm... I might as well use this thread if its here.

How to beat an Olimar? A good Olimar... I really have a hard time approaching and Din's won't do anything.

Top Bottom